Sign in to follow this  
asereht

leaving the forum for good

Hi to all who know me.

Just wanted to let you all know that I am not going to be coming on this site again. I have been looking in now and then but won't be again.

I have been accused of attacking someone on this forum a while back when all I did was give my opinion.

I apologised for offending( I was going through a really bad time back then and took offence to something that was said) but it was thrown back at me. I also sent a pm wishing them well but was told not to contact again.This person knows who they are and I wish them nothing but good wishes for their future and that of their family. They post here a lot now so I do not want to intrude.

The forum has been a great help to me but it is now time for me to go and concentrate on other things.

Take care and best wishes to you all.

Edited by asereht

I think you should stay!

The Forum is big enough for both of you! Just post around people you don't get on with, it's natural to not gel with everybody!

Stay........

Oh Asereht :(>:D<<'>

I know I very nearly left the forum once because I felt so upset about something, but I'm so glad I stayed...

PM me if you want to chat, as I know how unhappy I felt at the time >:D<<'>

I do hope you change your mind, even if you need a little 'time out' >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Bid

Hi asereht,

:(

Can we persuade you to stay?

If not, I respect your decision but feel sad that you've decided to go - you've been around here a long time and I've enjoyed reading your posts.

If you change your mind you'll be very welcome back.

Take care >:D<<'>

K x

Hi asereht -

I don't know anything about the circumstances leading to you feeling the way you do, but I don't think I need to...

Considering the difficulties we all face and the different feelings/perspectives we all have regarding AS it would be impossible for everyone here to agree on everything all of the time.

If you think of this place as a pub (or a wine bar, or a coffee shop - whatever floats your boat!) with around 100 - 150 customers a day the chances of getting along (or even meeting) with everyone all of the time are pretty remote...

Best bet to my mind is to visit when it suits you, post when it suits you and if something makes you uncomfortable or unhappy avoid that end of the 'bar'.

FWIW, I've rattled a few cages in my time and had mine rattled, but I keep coming back 'cos what I get out of this place makes the odd disagreement worth it.

However you're feeling at the moment, I hope we'll still see you around, in whatever capacity is comfortable for you...

L&P as always

BD >:D<<'>

You should not leave everyone on here goes through hard times and i am sure that person knows you didnt mean any offence by what you said. I have read some of your post in the past and you have offered nothing but good wishes and suggestions. Please dont go as you will be missed >:D<<'> >:D<<'> opheila

Oh dont leave Asereht,

I also had a run in with someone on here ... I was furious and upset at the time but decided to move on.

Life can be so c@@@@@ and we need as many different opinions, thoughts and points of view as we can to help us make sense of things.

love Loraine xx

Hi Lorraine - We've edited your post as some of it had the potential to offend. Hope you'll understand, and I'm sure that your message still conveys the sentiments you intended

Regards,

Mod/Admin team

Edited by baddad

>:D<<'> asereht >:D<<'> ,

I've always enjoyed reading your posts and feel really :( that you feel uncomfortable being here at the moment. I hope that you decide to stay around.

Annie

xx

Please dont go!

I think all of us who have spent time here have felt frustrated or upset or angry at one time or another and questioned whether or not we should stay here, but the bottom line is there is no place like it for getting the support we all need.

If you do decide to take a break, please be assured there is a warm welcome waitingif you want to come back.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Hope you come back soon Theresa :(:wub:>:D<<'>

Love Hallyscomet

Hi Frangihaleypangi - As you'll see, I've slightly edited your post as I have others in this thread. I hope you'll agree that I've left your sentiments intact...

All - It's wonderful to see the support and good wishes being offered and hope that aserehrt will feel encouraged to stick around, but please try to bear in mind that other members - even those you might have personally crossed swords with - deserve the same consideration.

L&P

BD (on behalf of the mod/admin team)

Edited by Frangipani

Theresa,

please don't go!

When things are said face to face it's a lot easier to avoid misunderstandings but on the internet we have to communicate without body language and that is a big limitation. I have enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to meeting you again on the forum. You will always be very welcome >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Curra :)

Hi

I personally have found this forum to be a godsend and I couldn't do without it (catch myself having a quick look several times a day, even at work!). It's about giving and receiving advice and support.

I think it's inevitable when seeking someone else's opinion that no everyone will agree and that offence may be inadvertenly caused on occaisons - unfortunately, that's life. I think it's sad and unnecessary that you feel the way you do.

The one thing about this forum that's always struck me is that everyone is very accepting of everyone ? I guess that's why were all here, because that's not how it is in the real world! Don't lose out.

Best wishes

Caroline

Hi Theresa

Hope you don't leave..... >:D<<'>

I'm sure many of us have felt a bit miffed at times but this place is so good for support and advice it would be a shame if you felt you had to stop being a member.

Take care

Flora

Thankyou all for the wonderful support. I am almost in tears reading the posts.

This is a wonderful forum. I have been on here since nov 2004 and I bless the day I found it.( thanks to another member... you know who you are).

I am still a little upset at what happened and feel I can't be here now,but thanks to you all I will consider coming back when I have had some time out. Take care all,you are wonderful people.. :wub:>:D<<'>

i dont want you to leave,i think you are :thumbs::thumbs: i always read your posts,you was on another forum i went on as well so i feel ive got to know you well through your posts >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

please dont leave me with bighead need all the help i can get with him :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm glad you took the time to read the messages of support. Take the time out if you need it, but please come back. For many of us this forum has been more support than we have got elsewhere, but it needs members like yourself to make it strong.

Having said the above Im totally shocked to see my posting edited!!!

I said nothing offensive, mentioned no names and made no reference to the person who upset me other than their sex.

I wish someone had been as quick to edit when my post was being discredited.

Hi

I really don't think you should leave. I left a forum for similar reasons and can't go back now which I regret. The person I offended on that forum was very 'big' on there and once she decided I wasn't welcome (due to my profession) the majority backed her. Not all tho, I had a couple of lovely emails. I was very low at the time and couldn't fight back but I regret it now. I've read loads of your posts and always found them nothing but helpful

Elun >:D<<'>

Hi, I'm very new and have only been on a few times. I post things, then when I read them, they don't look right and seem a bit whingey or opinionated. I want to say things but don't know how sometimes. I don't post too often but I read things and get a lot of help from all of you.

Don't leave. kiss and make up. >:D<<'>

Theresa, I think you're quite lovely and I've got a great deal out of your posts and from your presence here. If you need to go then do what you feel is right but if you do decide to return please don't wait too long to do so. I for one will be sad to see you go as you contribute such a lot. You're marvellous >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :thumbs: