Sign in to follow this  
Clare63

Personal Photo on Profile

Hi

Thought I would like to try and put a photo on my personal profile, but can't seem to be able to make it work, can anyone give me some simple step by step instructions.

Also please would someone explain what the protacol is for "my friends" can we just add people as we wish or do we have to ask the individual ?

Thanks

Clare x

Oh sorry what also is the comments box for ??? should it be used a bit like pm's but I guess so others can see ????

Edited by Clare63

hi clare...

generally photo uploads have been disabled on the board, as we had a nasty problem once with some inappropriate material...

Not sure about profiles - i just tried it to see and it doesn't work for me either even if i size the pic manually...

comments... I've just tried it with a friend (fnar fnar) and you can add comments in their profile... NOW IMPORTANT BIT!!!

If you go to your own profile and open the settings you can set it so people have to have their comments 'authorised' by you or leave it open for anyone to post anything(?)

Ditto 'friends'

friends - this used to just be a sidebar feature in PM system, enabling quick/auto entry of people on your friends list so you didn't have to type them... the new version appears to be the same (some of my previous 'friends' disappeared during the upgrade - so anyone else experiencing that, just re-do them) except the other party is notified and can (using the settings detailed above 'authorise it or set open access...

I received an e-mail advising when one member put me on their list (thanks - I'll get round to doing it back when i get a mo!), so I think this is an automated feature now(?)

I'll ask a few questions of the clever people and come back to you!

L&P

BD :D

It seemed to get disabled in the update. Had one on before the update and it was removed during the update process. Since haven't been able to put a new personal picture up. Instead I've just changed my website link to a picture of me for the moment. Decided it might be useful since I am coming to meet some of you. That way if any of you see me you can at least try and attract my attention. :) I guess there isn't a way to set it up so that photos can get uploaded but only if checked first by a member of the admin team?

Thanks BD and David,

Inappropriate material on this forum.....surely not !

No I get want your saying I just thought as the facility was there I'd use it and my ugly mug is probably better than that funny looking "Ludo counter" sat on my profile at the moment.

I'll await to hear further, cheers guys

Clare x x

It is funny that was disabled yet we are still allowed our own choice of Avatar though. I'll spare you all having to look at my ugly mug on everyone of my posts though. :whistle: Instead I'll stick with my 'Mysterious Cities of Gold' picture.

"Children of the sun, see your time has just begun,

searching for your ways, through adventures everyday,

every day and night, with the condor in flight,

with all your friends in tow,

you search for the cities of gold,

ahhhhhhhh ahhhhhh ahhhhhh

searching for the cities of gold,

ahhhhhhhh ahhhhhh ahhhhhh

someday you will find the cities of gold."

Sorry used to like that cartoon as a child. My unfinished website is about it. http://www.davidmbaker.f2s.com