Sign in to follow this  
KateBall

Legoland

Just wanted to say how fantastic it was at Legoland yesterday. We had the exit passes (which I only got to know about in the first place on this forum so thanks everyone) and it was just phenomenal. Ok so we still had melt downs and ds was very over sensitised to the crowds and the buzz of it all - but - it didn't matter. I told him it was his day and it didn't matter when he just kept wishing us dead or wanted to machine gun other people. I was prepared to be hit and kicked! And it really didn't matter cos we just sailed straight through on the exit passes (queues were really long!!!) - staff were really good - AND FOR ONCE IN OUR LIVES WE DIDN'T FEEL LIKE LEPERS BUT WE FELT LIKE WE REALLY MATTERED AND WE ACTUALLY ENJOYED A DAY OUT AND FOR A DAY AT LEAST WE FELT LIKE WE WERE LIVING. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

By the way - anyone know where else they operate exit passes?

We was there yesterday too and it is great being able to use the exit passes, despite this my daughter who's NT still moaned about having to wait for all of 1 minute to go on a ride, arghhhhh.

We had alot of up's and downs in the day too but overall looking back today it could of been alot worse. Kate i'm glad you managed your day there aswell.

I think most of the other parks do use them but only allow one carer and the disabled child to fast-trak the ride, so the rest of the party have to queue which I think would be a nightmare if you had more than just one child, so big thanks to lego-land for thinking of the whole family >:D<<'>

All the Tussauds group have exit passes. We have an annual pass and they now I believe offer a free interchangeable carers pass as well. Alton operates like Legoland. Chessington and Thorpe Park have a slightly different system which isnt that great. You go on a ride and then they mark your card so that you cant go on one of the top rides for however long the wait time is for those in the queue. When we went once we found we were waiting longer in fact than those in the normal queue. There are other rides that you can go on in the meantime. Still better than queueing however. We are off to Aventura in Spain and have emailed them and Tussauds so many times to no avail. Pretty bad customer relations. We are flying Easyjet can anyone advise how to get on board quickly - do we have to pay for the fast boarding?

Have they changed the system at chessington and thorpe park? We had annual passes for a few years and used to get wristbands which allowed you to enter through the exit. We never had cards they marked, the only restriction was that you could go on a ride straightaway but if you wanted to ride a second time you'd have to come back later, eg. if the queue time was 60 mins, come back after 60 mins.

Lisa

Thats it KateBall - rub it in!! :tearful::lol::lol::lol:

I was planning on Legoland this Easter Hols - unfortunately, Mr Bank Manager disagrees, lol :rolleyes:

Pleased you had a great time :thumbs::thumbs:

Thats it KateBall - rub it in!! :tearful::lol::lol::lol:

I was planning on Legoland this Easter Hols - unfortunately, Mr Bank Manager disagrees, lol :rolleyes:

Pleased you had a great time :thumbs::thumbs:

Sorry! I decided it was Legoland or a week away and since I've got nowhere to put cat and kitten and it would be hassle for the week rather than just a day - Legoland was much cheaper in many ways! Actually it worked out good for us because I got in free as DH carer (he is physically disabled) and daughter got in free as DS carer. So I paid full price for those 2 - ds and dh - and HERES THE THING YOU NEED TO KNOW the offer is 2 for 1 at the moment so we get in for free again - all of us - so long as we go again in May or June. If you want to take advantage of this need you need to buy and use tickets by end of April I think. Its our ds birthday in June so we're quids in for his birthday treat.

By the time you pay for petrol (and we had 210 mile round trip), food and drink etc its quite an expensive day but it was worth it with all the benefits of the exit pass and the free tickets. I'm learning real fast how to make the DLA go round!

I thought Legoland was a character in The Lord Of The Rings ???

Not sure if this question is sarcastic so here is a sensible reply.

The character in Lord of the Rings is Legolas. In the films he is played by Orlando Bloom.

Love the book and the film of Lord of the Rings. Soon get to find out what their LOTR MMORPG is like. (There's a load of abbreviations for you ;))

Not sure if this question is sarcastic so here is a sensible reply.

The character in Lord of the Rings is Legolas. In the films he is played by Orlando Bloom.

Love the book and the film of Lord of the Rings. Soon get to find out what their LOTR MMORPG is like. (There's a load of abbreviations for you ;) )

No - that was 'Leg O'lam' The Irish Hobbit Chef from 'Bored of the Rings')......

(Bored of The Rings was a little 100 page spoof by the writers of Mad Magazine - I had it in paperback in the late 70's but sadly no more - you may be able to find a copy on Amazon... just looked and you can:

BOTR

It actually seems a bit more 'naughty' than I remembered - I think I was probably too young to get half of the references :lol::lol::lol: Oh, the innocence of Yoof! Suspect, David, that as a true fan you might want to give this a miss, but there are a couple of good jokes for the non-purists out there... My favourite character was Old Tim Benzedrine)

L&P

BD

PS: What is MMORPG - thought the 'RPG' might be 'Role Playing Game' but MMO threw me?

(Bored of The Rings was a little 100 page spoof by the writers of Mad Magazine - I had it in paperback in the late 70's but sadly no more - you may be able to find a copy on Amazon... just looked and you can:

BOTR

Just checked it out and it costs �0.01 !!!! Hmmmm, how much profit does Amazon make?

Curra

Just checked it out and it costs �0.01 !!!! Hmmmm, how much profit does Amazon make?

Curra

Check out the postage... on clearence books it still works out an earner!

what are exit passes and how do you get them? that would make trips out better

No - that was 'Leg O'lam' The Irish Hobbit Chef from 'Bored of the Rings')......

BOTR

It actually seems a bit more 'naughty' than I remembered - I think I was probably too young to get half of the references :lol::lol::lol: Oh, the innocence of Yoof! Suspect, David, that as a true fan you might want to give this a miss, but there are a couple of good jokes for the non-purists out there... My favourite character was Old Tim Benzedrine)

L&P

BD

PS: What is MMORPG - thought the 'RPG' might be 'Role Playing Game' but MMO threw me?

MMO means 'Massive Multiplayer Online', usually tagged onto , as you correctly guessed, 'Role Playing Game'

BOTR

L&P

BD

One of my friends owns it. I did get a few laughs out of it. Still other bits weren't exactly my sense of humour. I still like sweet and innocent. I get the other stuff now but often don't approve. I guess that is why my favourite films often end up been childrens ones still. 'Meet the Robinsons' for example goes down as my favourite for a while. Still embarased by the idea of sex in many ways still. Just thinking about this again as the chances are I'm going to be teaching about it next year. Told one of the teachers at school this and she is having a field day. :rolleyes:

MMO has been explained below. So far they are mainly Role Playing but other genres are beginning to appear. Basically instead of playing on your own you play with a lot of other 'real' people. Many get a bit too addicted to them though. Often at the expense of the real world. Mind you that can go for any games. I tend to go through phases where I play more than I ought to. At other times it changes to reading. At the moment seems to have become forums. ;)

Never been to Legoland myself. Used to like playing with Lego as a child though. Used to have a good Lego trainset. Well actually we'll still have it. Will be at my dad's house somewhere amoungst the piles of other stuff. Scaletrix is there too and my OO Hornby railway stuff. Though now days I prefer his O gauge Hornby Tinplate. Still have to build up an N Gauge at some point. Sorry am a bit obsessed with trains. Well steam ones in anycase. I had a grandad who was a chief draughtsman for Southen Railways and later BR. Got off the point again, (you've probably noticed by now that I'm good at that,) what I was meaning to ask is what is Legoland like from an adult perspective. If you think it's good I might have to try and go at somepoint. Can't see me managing it this year though. :)

Curra

Curra - I've made nearly 200 squids with amazon in the past three weeks!! :dance::dance::dance: - Just selling my old books n CDs n stuff........

Although i didn't bother putting anything on that's listed for less that �3..........

Very easy to do/set up - must be if i can manage it, lol! :whistle::lol:

Edited by smiley

what are exit passes and how do you get them? that would make trips out better

An exit pass enables you to use the exit of the ride rather than queue up. Effectively you jump the queue.

For legoland go to this page http://www.legoland.co.uk/planyourvisit/GU...ISABILITIES.htm

I just explained what my son was like and took proof of DLA but probably should have taken evidence of his actual disability - such as a Drs letter or report or something. The staff were great though and made it really easy.

I've mentioned this elsewhere as well, but if you shop at Tesco and collect the vouchers, you can send off beforehand and get free entry into Legoland (we've just done that with the annual passes).

Curra - I've made nearly 200 squids with amazon in the past three weeks!! :dance::dance::dance: - Just selling my old books n CDs n stuff........

Although i didn't bother putting anything on that's listed for less that �3..........

Very easy to do/set up - must be if i can manage it, lol! :whistle::lol:

Thanks, Smiley It's a great idea to get rid of stuff and make some money! :thumbs::D

CurraX

Have you tried eBay too? Just wondering if you have how you'd say the two compare. Never thought of selling on amazon. Having said that I tend to hoard stuff. I find it quite hard to let go of things. Especially if they are from my childhood. I know dad still has most bits round his. In fact his house needs sorting. It also has a lot of bits from Grans now. In fact half the front room is full of it. One of the bedrooms is a mess too. He says he'll start sorting it once he has a loft ladder. :) I think I may have spotted some train plans when we were moving stuff from Grans up here. Fingers crossed I did. I really should go and help him sort the bits out. Would love to see some of the draughtsman work that grandad did. :)

Chessington and Thorpe Park have a slightly different system which isnt that great. You go on a ride and then they mark your card so that you cant go on one of the top rides for however long the wait time is for those in the queue

Is this a new system? I went last year and they just gave wristbands, an orange one for the disabled person and put on and 3 or 4 more yellow ones for the rest of their party. No card system. However they did have a "disabled" queue whereby they would only let one party on at a time, so on things like the log flume at Chessington you did have to wait a while because they had a designated boat just for that queue.

Legoland - Did you know that if your received carers allowance and take your letter as proof they will give you a free carers ticket into the park! They keep this bit quiet.

Edited by invent 10 things b4 breakfast

You don't need to get carers allowance. We got them just by showing disability ie a dx letter from the consultant. Makes it so much more affordable.