PinkSapphireAngel

I've failed 2 driving tests because of my nerves

Drugs did it for me PSA, :lol: I failed 4 tests through nerves, got some tranquillisers for 5th but took too many & sat at green traffic lights like :hypno: got the dose right for my 6th & passed!

In case you're all :o at this revelation I've been driving 21 years now & havent killed anyone yet :D

Its prob not as easy to get prescription drugs these days so maybe the herbal route? By that I mean Kalms not.... you know...... :D

I've failed 3 times for the same reason. Got very close on the last time though. Someone told me to exercise a lot before the test and it did help a lot. Have you got access to a trampoline?

Hi PSA,

I can only recommed you to practise your test every day until you're so confident that you KNOW that you can't fail. If it's the theoretical part that you're failing, get a software test sample and do it over and over again until you know the answers by heart. I used to read the highway code every evening marking the answers to the most awkward questions and answers. If it's the practical test, same thing, go out and drive everyday and simulate the situation with a friend who will be observing you. What I found most difficult to remember was to look in the mirrors before doing anything, and even if you're doing it, you have to move your head a bit so that the examiner sees that you are looking in the mirrors, otherwise they take points off.

Good luck! Hope you get the license next time!! >:D<<'>

Curra

My advice would be to get as much driving as you can in between now and the test and if possibly get someone to sit with you for a longer than normal journey so you get on some different roads and get some expereince of driving where you don't recognise things. Just before my test (many years ago now) I drove back from Bournemouth where we'd been for the weekend whilst its not a huge journey it was the longest I had ever drove and of course did not know the road, was totally shattered by time I got home but think it gave me extra confidence as before that I had only driven locally and mainly around the test route.

Good luck and fingers crossed for next time.

Clare x >:D<<'>

Edited by Clare63

I asked my Gp for Beta Blockers after they were recommended by someone who had the same problem. I could drive fine but went absolutely to pieces during my test. I passed 3rd time (first with the Beta Blockers).

Well yesterday I failed my second theory test, Until I pass the theory I cant even think about the actual practicle,

I have done everything in my power to revise and I have the cd roms the books, videos, cards the lot but I cant seem to actually pass the theory test, I cant afford to keep on failing and Its taken a bit of my self esteem as I feel so thick, why cant I pass?

ADvice welcum

JsMum

Well yesterday I failed my second theory test, Until I pass the theory I cant even think about the actual practicle,

I have done everything in my power to revise and I have the cd roms the books, videos, cards the lot but I cant seem to actually pass the theory test, I cant afford to keep on failing and Its taken a bit of my self esteem as I feel so thick, why cant I pass?

ADvice welcum

JsMum

JsMum,

I'm so sorry you failed the theory test. :( It's an awful test with so many awkward questions that don't really assess one's driving competence.! :angry: Perhaps you get too nervous ? From what I remember of the test, one is not supposed to think but only memorise the answers. My only advice is learn the answers in the book by heart and check that you know them the day before the test. The day of the test, if you get too nervous, you could something mild to relax.

Good luck!

Curra X

PSA before going down the prescription medication route, which the gp may not agree with anyway, have you tried bach flower remedies? i find rescue remedy helps for stress in an emergancy, but with some time to experiment you may find that you will find a combination would work for you

BACH FLOWER LINK

HTH

Thanks curra I did my best not to be nervous and I did breathing excercises inbetween breaks, I looked a right wierdo but I was so positive that I would pass, I have revisied with cards that have questions on one side and road signs on the other.

There is talk that the test is going to get even harder soon and that there is going to be 15 more questions added on, what made me really frustrated is I only failed by 2 questions, I got 28 out of 35 and you need 30 to pass.

I passed my hazard perception but you need both to pass.

I have the video now, and the AA book, very good and I am going to revise each chapter, I am aiming at taking 3rd test in May as its ruled as the luckiest month of the Year, I need all the Luck I can get my hands on.

thanksyou for your reply.

JsMum

I know this doesn't help with the theory, but I actually swapped to an automatic, and then passed with no problems...I just couldn't cope with the multi-tasking of a manual.

Good luck all!

Boho :dance:

JsMum,

There's also a set of mock tests in a software which was extremely helpful for me, I can't remember the details, but it wasn't expensive. It's very good because they are just like the real test, so one gets used to the type of questions and the timing. I remember that I took mock tests everyday and by the time of the real test I was always scoring 30 or more correct in the mocks.

The theory driving test is just a memory test and even if you are a perfect driver you can fail if you don't remember the correct answers.

Good luck! Hope it's 3rd time lucky in May :thumbs:;)

Curra