Sign in to follow this  
LizK

Keep getting logged out

Despite ticking the remeber me box when I log in whenever I return to here I am logged out and have to log in again. I am not cleaning Internet Cache or cookies and do not have the same problem on other websites that require a log in.

Any ideas?

Lx

Ditto me and others I know...

I did ask lufty about this just after the update, but i think he was a bit busy at the time!!

I'll point him toward this thread, if he hasn't noticed it already...

L&P

BD :D

I had this problem but has settled down now and is staying logged in again. I can't remember if I changed anything around the time it started working again so not sure what to suggest though. It may have actually been something like clearing the cache though as had to do that a little while ago as picked up a annoying bit of spyware that was sitting in the cache. For some reason spyware programs weren't deleting it so cleared out the lot. Um if I remember exactly when it changed will see if I can make any guesses to what changed.

(P.S. Don't worry - computer is clean again now. Not sure really how it got past spyware checkers and anti-virus programs in the first place. I guess that is the one problem with broadband.)

Dear All

I am reluctant to make any security setting changes at the moment as it will impact on AOL users again although the board should be configured so that the remember password option works.

It is worth unticking this option and logging in and then logging out and then log in again selecting the remember password option.

Regards

Lufty

When you have written a new PM, below it there is a ticky box against 'Track this message?'. If you tick here, and then go to the left of your screen there is a message tracking facility. This shows you if/when the other person has received your PM.

HTH!

Bid :)

OK - what did i press now..?? :rolleyes:

:unsure: new game today..... :unsure: it says that i have -6 new messages................. :unsure:

Hi smiley - This started again yesterday, but i guess it's the same reason again:

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...st&p=143752

Probably there were some minor 'bug fix' updates to the forum - I guess new Internet 'exploits' are discovered all the time and the developers are always having to tweak things same as all the other browser type software(?)

I had -5 yesterday and -3 today, so things are moving in the right direction!

L&P

BD :D