Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

How do you make the hardest decision of your life?

Louis kicked his 5 year old brother in the neck this morning. He has threatened to kill myself and my husband. He has held his hands around his 6 year old brothers neck so tightly that his face went red before I could get to them.

I am so scared for our safety. I don't know what to do.

We have gone to the school, once again asking how we go about getting Louis into boarding. (I is an EBSD boarding school). They are fobbing us off with the usual 'oh, but he is fine in school. We will talk to him and let him know you have come to talk to us to sort this out, and see what he says'.

It has come to either him being able to get a place in boarding school, or I need to send him to live with his father for everyone's safety. But this I believe will be totally the wrong thing to do, as his father doesn't believe that Louis has any problems, insofar as he will allow louis to do what he wants, when he wants and how he wants. He also doesn't care about what Louis eats, despite the fact that Louis has intolerances to Gluten and Dairy that cause him to be on the toilet minutes after eating anything with them in.

His meds don't seem to be doing anything (again!), so I'm going to have to try and arrange yet another early appointment with CAMHS. - That's if he is still even registered with them, as usually they only have an initial appointment and 1 follow up, then they are discharged. I think I'll have to go and visit the GP again as he seemed quite willing to listen last time.

This is all so hard, and I'm getting to the point where I can't deal with it anymore. And I certainly can't allow my other kids to have to deal with it anymore.

My goodness this must be very worrying and scary for you all, sorry don't have any advice but can send plently of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> #Good luck with CAMHS we had gotten signed off without me or our GP knowing and was told we would have to be assessed again and that we could not have an appointmnet until June ! after kicking up a load of fuss we have managed to get back to see someone on the 19th April but are having to attend a different hospital.

I truly hope you get some help real soon.

Clare x

it is a terrible situation to be in,i do know how you feel and its very very hard >:D<<'> i feel like this about steve with my 3 year old,hes always trying to get knives which i have to get off him quickly,we love all our children the same but at the same time we know the situation cant go on as it is for our other childrens safety,good luck with cahms,mine are rubbish,really hope you get the help you need >:D<<'>

Louis kicked his 5 year old brother in the neck this morning. He has threatened to kill myself and my husband. He has held his hands around his 6 year old brothers neck so tightly that his face went red before I could get to them.

I am so scared for our safety. I don't know what to do.

His meds don't seem to be doing anything (again!), so I'm going to have to try and arrange yet another early appointment with CAMHS. - That's if he is still even registered with them, as usually they only have an initial appointment and 1 follow up, then they are discharged. I think I'll have to go and visit the GP again as he seemed quite willing to listen last time.

This is all so hard, and I'm getting to the point where I can't deal with it anymore. And I certainly can't allow my other kids to have to deal with it anymore.

Hi Fiorelli,

I just don't understand the system in the UK with doctors and medication. But I know many that have gone down the medication route and many had to have quite a few adjustments with different medications before they got the right balance. To me it sounds like the meds are making him worse. I met two ladies at support groups that mentioned they were trialled Dexamphetamine and it made their boys suicidal and extremely violent, whereas on the other hand other women were trying their kids on it and to them it was a wonder drug, their kids couldnt even write words without it. These boys that had the reactions were trialled on Ritalin and the boys were good as gold. Some needed a combination of Ritalin and Catapres, again these were quite severe cases of ADHD and nothing else in all the other diets, behaviour modification techiques worked for them.

Can you get an appointment with your GP to talk about possible side affects of the tablets he is currently taking, as it quite clearly sounds like something is really wrong. Those that have had success with medication notice positive changes almost overnight. It really worries me when I hear situations like yours where meds are involved and the behaviours is anything but positive.

In my own situation if I noticed any erratic behaviours my sons Paediatirician says dont wait for an appointment, get down here and just wait, I will see him. Its always been like that.

Hope you get some answers soon. Those meds truly need reviewing asap. But dont stop anything without the doctors advise.

All the best

F xx >:D<<'>