pearl

OK so I decided to make a complaint....

About Twonkman, remember the guy who called me a "forceful mother" & refused to make any adjustments for J at his assessment? (read me posts if you dont, I'll lose the will to live repeating the saga) :lol:

It all happened by accident really, I was talking to his line manager about what happens next now J hasnt got the apprenticeship, she said, oh his file is passed back to Twonkman & he'll be in touch with other offers. Well my heart sank.

So I took a deep breath, & said, well I'd prefer not to deal with him as I found him very obstructive & I have no confidence in him. She didnt seem at all surprised, asked for full details, said she'd be having a word with him, said that we would not have to have any further contact with him, she would ring us with offers, and apologised profusely.

I think we can call that a result. B)

whoo hoo!...................top result Pearl :notworthy::dance: .................it,s nice when someone takes on board your concerns like that.

Hi Pearl, Well Done!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

I was telling Hootie McBoob last night (she works with SN people, getting them on the job training and mentoring them in the workplace), and she would love to chat with you! She is like a warrior and regularily comes up against discriminative employers....and she fights back!!!!!! :notworthy:

I will pm her E-mail to you, if you don't mind?!

Lisa xx

Well done Pearl

We dont have to put up with such people lets hope something will happen to make him improve his attitude :notworthy:

Well done - I am working on doing the same thing with Ms head teacher! However it's a little bit more tricky ;)

However I'm hoping that if we complain there might be chance that she gets another job - given that ours is the 4th Local authority that she's worked in in the last 3 years I think this may be a possibility.

About Twonkman, remember the guy who called me a "forceful mother" & refused to make any adjustments for J at his assessment? (read me posts if you dont, I'll lose the will to live repeating the saga) :lol:

It all happened by accident really, I was talking to his line manager about what happens next now J hasnt got the apprenticeship, she said, oh his file is passed back to Twonkman & he'll be in touch with other offers. Well my heart sank.

So I took a deep breath, & said, well I'd prefer not to deal with him as I found him very obstructive & I have no confidence in him. She didnt seem at all surprised, asked for full details, said she'd be having a word with him, said that we would not have to have any further contact with him, she would ring us with offers, and apologised profusely.

I think we can call that a result. B)

:notworthy::notworthy: Can I have that line manager please ? I am in desperate need.Karen

He he, well I have to live up to my "forceful" reputation dont I?

Its only the second time in 17 years I have felt strongly enough to complain, so I dont make a habit of it. The last time was 4 years ago & involved a social worker of such jaw-droppingly dangerous incompetence (we are talking child protection issues here) that I had no choice. Twonkman barely registers on the Richter scale by comparison with that.

Small but Scary is the image I'm aiming for :lol:

I share my birthday with Hitler. :ph34r: Maybe Twonkman was right! :unsure:

Mind you I havent invaded any countries recently, just annexed a new computer in the office when no one was looking :lol:

A little update - I got home today & found a phone message from H, Twonkmans line manager, offering J two more job interviews - just 2 working days after I complained! I'll be phoning her tomorrow to find out more

I think J might be high on her list of priorities at the mo.... ;)