Sign in to follow this  
mumble_rocks

2 weeks :(

I am absoulutly PERTIFIED to say the least I am going to Greece sailing on the 6th May for a week. Yes I am excited about that but its the bit at the begining and the end that I am worried completly about. I spoke to my LSA at college who is not going :( at college I avoid all the corriders as much as I can aviod the cafes, libary basically any where there are loads of people! She was not aware how much I hate people if you know what I mean noise, movement, smells! This airport is going to be HELL not a small little airport with very few people, Gatwick :(

As some of you may already know I really cant talk to mum about this but I am feeling sick already with nearves :wacko:

I really want to talk to the trip leader who is a lil funny about AS and thinks that it should stand for attention seeker :unsure: at college I can control my AS quite well I feel but while in the airport and while at the hotel I know I am going to struggle sooo much!

Any ideas, I feel I should explin to my lecture in charge that this is what could happen (complete frezze, hands over ears, eyes shut and crying and complete unsureness!) but I dont know what to say any ideas??

Sorry for asking so many questions,

Mumble_rocks

please dont apologise for asking.

How do you feel about writing a letter to your lecturer?

thats what i always do when i cant commuicate what i am trying to get across, i have AS and i have always found abroad holidays a nightmare,

once im there im fine but the airports,noise,waiting.

For the one who thinks that AS stands for attention seeking you could print off something from the NAS about how it affects people in different ways?

I always write down when i am going to see my GP cos my anxiety takes over and i forget what i want to say.

Dont let them get you down, i know its easier said than done.

take care

jen

Firstly how fantastic a weeks sailing in Greece, you have done brilliantly so far taking up this challenge, whilst I am not AS I would not have at your age and probably even now got this far, I was and am too anxious. So you are doing all the right things preparing yourself for the trip. I think Jen's idea is a good one, by explaining to the trip leader your concerns, maybe you could include some solutions/ideas that you think would make it easier for you, I don't know what your reassurance preferences are, but this is something you could give some thought to, perhaps popping in some ear plugs to help reduce the noise or using your IPOD in the airport, having a little bottle of Bach's rescue rememdy to take the edge of your anxiety. Does not sound like this trip leader is very supportive of AS but that is probably due to ignorance, so not sure whether its worth going into too much detail with them, maybe like Jen says print off some info for them, briefly explain your concerns and what makes you feel uncomfortable and state that as trip leader you would like their support to enable you to enjoy the trip. The leader will be responsible for all the students and its their role to ensure everyone is kept safe etc.,

I am sure you'll get lots of ideas etc from the others here on the forum and that you are going to have the most fantastic time, I looking forward to your return and hearing all your wonderful stories.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x

Thanks Guys! I think I will prob change my mind though, that I will see the person leading the trip and explain that I am very worried and explain why. Thanks all again.