Sign in to follow this  
shortie

new obsession

DD's always been obsessed with watching Nick jr and Cbeebies but at the moment theres a new programme called In the night garden and shes mad about it,she gets really excited when it comes on,and she knows when its coming on even if tv's on another channel.its on at 11,2 and 6.30 and no matter whats on at those times she tells me(in her own way,normally by shouting garden at me)that she wants it on,my problem is if i say no all hell breaks loose, also when it finishes she cries her heart out and says she's "lost" it,which to be honest is quite funny as thats what she says to any situation she doesn't understand but its getting to be a bit of a problem now.My dad said"just don't put it on or distract her"well thats easier said than done as she KNOWS when its coming on and i can't try and fool her as she knows by the channel number if i'm on the right station!!HELP ANYONE!

DD's always been obsessed with watching Nick jr and Cbeebies but at the moment theres a new programme called In the night garden and shes mad about it,she gets really excited when it comes on,and she knows when its coming on even if tv's on another channel.its on at 11,2 and 6.30 and no matter whats on at those times she tells me(in her own way,normally by shouting garden at me)that she wants it on,my problem is if i say no all hell breaks loose, also when it finishes she cries her heart out and says she's "lost" it,which to be honest is quite funny as thats what she says to any situation she doesn't understand but its getting to be a bit of a problem now.My dad said"just don't put it on or distract her"well thats easier said than done as she KNOWS when its coming on and i can't try and fool her as she knows by the channel number if i'm on the right station!!HELP ANYONE!

I'll have to look at this programme - my Son insisted on watching it on his tv yesterday. Can't help with your problem though - except to say that I always try the distraction method. I would try and look for something to do which she loves when the programme finishes so it takes her mind of the end of the prog it if at all possible. If my son wants to watch something and he can't be budged though we might want to go out - I say I'll record it for him. Sometimes I do but whether I do or not he often forgets I have and doesn't bother to watch when we come back in again provided there have been many distractions in between.

Had to laugh when I read this, as my 4 year old son is EXACTLY the same!!!

He is soooo obsessed with it too, always wanting it on and getting really upset when it isnt. All he talks about lately is pinky ponks and ninky nonks (the sort of train thingy and plane thingy in the programme!!!)

I have been recording episodes of it on sky + box and put it on in times of desparation!! :wallbash:

from chantel

Today is a nightmare!! ITS NOT ON AT WKENDS!!!! :tearful: Shes driving me mad,can't explain to her properly,only by telling her its on after 2 sleeps,shes not impressed!!DVD Recorders broke so i'm gonna get my dad to record it ALL NEXT WEEK!!!!

Thank god its not just us!!

DD loves it, she is completley glued when its on and theres no chance of getting through to her, she's worked out how to rewind live tv via remote so we end up watching it over and over if were not careful!

She cries when it has finished and shouts but i need it i hadn,t finished!

This is just the latest though first it was balamory, then come outside now peppa pig and night garden, and those blooming songs ahhhhhh! can't stop singing " yes my name is iggle piggle" xxx

Thank god its not just us!!

DD loves it, she is completley glued when its on and theres no chance of getting through to her, she's worked out how to rewind live tv via remote so we end up watching it over and over if were not careful!

She cries when it has finished and shouts but i need it i hadn,t finished!

This is just the latest though first it was balamory, then come outside now peppa pig and night garden, and those blooming songs ahhhhhh! can't stop singing " yes my name is iggle piggle" xxx

Been through the Peppa pig thing,got all the toys aswell!! :rolleyes: she still likes Dora the explorer too tho!she talks and counts in spanish better than she can actually talk!!!

Been through the Peppa pig thing,got all the toys aswell!! :rolleyes: she still likes Dora the explorer too tho!she talks and counts in spanish better than she can actually talk!!!

Know what you mean. weve got everything peppa too, got bed spread tuesday, don't know if its going to be a good or bad thing though as she doesn't want to get out of the bed in the morning unless she can bring pillow with her, but she's really eager to go to bed on a night.

You wouldn't believe the stuff she's learnt from it though so its not all bad, she's just getting into Dora and Diego, keeps telling me animal facts and wanting me to buy her an animal science book!! Could be worse though! at least its one way of getting something done around the house without a cling on!!