Guest Lya of the Nox

###### life

Guest Lya of the Nox

found something on her puter that was not good

she says she wrote it, but lost the plot,

the we get told that she is having lots of peer issues at school, soo many me thinks

i am battered and brused as is dad, and we not long back from a&e, cos she messed up her hand

someone has raised the q about her maybe having bi polar?

i was given to believe that these rages (evil they are) are part of her autism, and i have looked at bi polar and cant see it

any opinions?

x

Hi Lya -

Sorry you're all having such a tough time :(>:D<<'>

Obviously I know nothing about the 'specifics' but as a general observation I tend to think all sorts of thinks get linked to autism that are possibly totally unrelated... I made a post recently pointing out a single piece of behaviour of Ben's that depending on the 'viewer' could be explained by three seperate elements of his multiple diagnosis: It's sort of like the four blind men and the elephant parable......

The dx of autism doesn't preclude or imply any other condition. To my mind it it well worth looking at all of the individual pieces of the puzzle in isolation, and then having another look at how they contribute to the whole.

Very, VERY best to you all

L&P

BD

Edited by baddad

Sounds like you're really going through it at the moment Lya. Our daughter (14) has rages too and the opposite where she's as high as a kite and quite out of control. We were told this is most probably due to her ASD but not to rule out the beginnings of bi-polar. She developed an acute stress reaction because of the way she was feeling all the time and is now on medication called risperidone which (amongst other things) is used to treat mood swings in ASD and her rages have really settled down. Trouble is though, there are some quite hefty side effects and she seems to have lost her sparkle now so I'm not sure how I feel about the medication. It's lovely not having the incredible rages and mood swings, but I'm not sure we've found quite the right level of medication yet as it's still early days.

It's really difficult to know what to do for the best isn't it? I just feel really sad about the whole thing at the moment so you have my absolute sympathy Lya. Are you getting any support from anywhere?

xxxxx

Hi Lya

must admit it has crossed my mind too, J is either down in the dumps or high as a kite, but I wouldnt say it was full blown bipolar. The difficulty is in deciding when its more that just the AS isnt it?

Guest Lya of the Nox

well i had the feeling this week she was deprressed, and put it donw to te amount of pain she was in, but things are coming out now about school too,

will call gps monday and tell her and then call cahms to let them kno, our keyworker is on the sick,

back to hospital on wed to check her hand that i think is broken,

i wonder when does this ever end, i eventually got to sleep at bout 5 ish today, and i need to be fit to deal with this,

x

yeah lya i wonder where its gonna end as well!!you know what i was thinking though,we must be very strong people and i think we should be proud of ourselves,i have days where i think i really cant cope another day but we do,i mean obviously i wish i didnt have to be strong if you get what i mean but ive found a strength i didnt know i had :ninja::ninja::ninja: