Sign in to follow this  
baddad

soundblaster drivers?

Hi all -

I've recently upgraded Ben's old 98SE machine to XP, and the sound's breaking up on some of his games etc...

I've looked at the creative/soundblaster sites but neither has the XP drivers for the Live cards anymore, and my installation disc only has the 95/98/NT/2000 drivers... Before I throw caution to the wind and try the 2000 drivers, does anyone happen to know a SAFE site where i can download drivers for the LIVE! Range (Ben's is actually the Live!Player 1024, but I'm given to understand any Live XP will do the trick)...

The file i need, apparently, is LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe

Bit of a longshot, I know, but searching around the internet has led me to some very dodgy sites (erm- don't want to download a driver from you thankyou very much as I suspect that may not be all I end up downloading!)

Push comes to shove I'll have to spend �25.00 on a new card or summat, but oooooooh, that'll annoy me! :angry::angry:

All the original Creative Drivers that I can remember for XP all were also for 2000 and often only mentioned 2000 in their names. I have various old drivers for the Audigy saved down that follow that naming scheme under an XP folder which seems to confirm what I remember. Hence I think you should be fine installing the 2000 one. Also a quick look around the web seemed to confirm this. Also have you checked all the different Creative sites. I have often found in the past that drivers exist on one countries but not on anothers. I think it was the Asian site that had the best collection. Same happens to go for Abit stuff too. :)

EDIT: If you want to download them I have used this site in the past for game patches/modifications and not had any problems: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/544/Sound+...Pack+-+XP/2000/

EDIT2: Here is a link for them from Creative: http://asia.creative.com/support/downloads...p;x=19&y=10

Edited by David Matthew Baker

:thumbs::thumbs::notworthy:

Brilliant!! I'd looked at the US site and german (i think) but not ASIA!!! Sorted...

Also a couple of other upgrades I might need too for the bundled software...

well done that man! :thumbs:

L&P

BD :D