Sign in to follow this  
baddad

1 question pub quiz...

Hmmm, erm, er ... :unsure::unsure:

Ok, only tenuous link I can come up with:

One of the actresses in BJ2 now presents CBeebies, which shows the Telly Tubbies and hence tubby tustard???? :unsure::unsure:

Nothing to do with birthdays? Isn't it/wasn't it the telly tubbies 10th birthday recently?

Ok, pass - what's the answer????? This is going to annoy me all day now - answer had better be up when I get back from the SBC lecture tonight or I'll be up trawling the net for answers rather than sleeping!!!! :hypno:

p.s. is there a prize for at least trying???? :pray::lol:

Aaaaaaah, maybe I was barking up the wrong tree with my answer.

Wasn't the first Bridget Jones book published in 1997 which is the year the telly-tubbies started????

hmmmmmm.... well that's two answers from me! a public one and a pm one.

Flozza

Ah, well Mumble was ALMOST right but flozza's PM was absolutely right!

The answer was Po!!

I was watching BJ2 and noticed one of the cellmates in prison scene was Pui Fan Lei, who used to be Po...

I think she does now present CBeebies, but the direct link was that she was 'In' rather than 'intorduced' IYSWIM...

Well done flozza - give yourself a shiny!

Well done Mumble - give yourself a shiny too, as you were about as close as you could get without being right!

L&P

Bob Holdness :D

you were about as close as you could get without being right!

Story of my life!!!!!! :lol::lol: Nearly, neraly, very nearly, ever so close, but miss it at the final hurdle. One day I'll remember to run through the finish tape rather than stop when I get to it!!!! :lol::lol::wacko:

Oh, and on giving myself a shiny - not necessary - I can see plenty thanks!!!! :wine::sick::sick::lol:

Story of my life!!!!!! :lol::lol: Nearly, neraly, very nearly, ever so close, but miss it at the final hurdle. One day I'll remember to run through the finish tape rather than stop when I get to it!!!! :lol::lol::wacko:

Oh, and on giving myself a shiny - not necessary - I can see plenty thanks!!!! :wine::sick::sick::lol:

Drinking? SHAME on you! :shame::shame:

You'd never catch any of us doing that!! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Drink plenty of water on your way up tonight - it's a weekday tomorrow

L&P

BD :D

Drink plenty of water on your way up tonight - it's a weekday tomorrow

On my way up - well I really will know I've done wrong then - I live on the ground floor!!! :lol::lol:

Water though is a very good idea, thanks BD. :thumbs:

If you buy yourself a cabin bed you can pretend you've got two storeys...'I was on my way up to bed last night and......' Just strap yourself in for the first couple of nights Just in case you forget (although 'I fell down the stairs' would add weight to your two storey claim...

L&P

:D

Given that I'm the master at falling out off a low bed and giving myself the most fantastic bruises (and that's without the alc'hic'ol), a cabin bed could be interesting . . . :lol::lol:

As for strapping myself in . . . I'm not even going there - it's far too early/late!!!! :o (plus the wings are a real nuscience :lol: )

Drinking? SHAME on you! :shame::shame:

You'd never catch any of us doing that!! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

That's because you're obviouly all very sensible people.

I'm one sick penguin this morning . . . :sick::lol:

I did mostly enjoy last night, but today is not good. Anyone know a good cure for self inflicted sick penguin syndrome?? I somehow have to get through a 700+ page textbook today with some very long formulae, and my head it not amused. It's definately a hermit's life for me from now on - I'm never ever going out again!!! :lol::lol:

So what's the question for today Baddad? I'm determined to make it past the finish point at some time!!!

Edited by Mumble

Another question??

Blimey - it was just meant to be a one off!

OK - a quickie....as they are both contributing (sorry, Hev, I'll try to think of one with you in some other time!)

What is the connection between Mumble and Bagpuss??

You'll have to go WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in time for the answer, but there are also at least two or three clues in old threads around here :devil::devil:

L&P

Michael Miles...

Ohhhhh, now this one is tough.............trying to think about all the previous posts I've made and a possible link :unsure: Mumble, are you any of the below...

Saggy, baggy, old, stripey, a cat, live with mice, have a friend called Emily, have a beard, orange hair, a problem with wind, change your avatar hourly, scared of flying or waxing, have hamsters buried in your garden in tupperware.............yup, think that just about sums me and my posts up.........

:lol::lol::lol:

Is Michael Miles a clue? :unsure:

I've got it, I've got it....... :bounce::bounce: Professors......Professor Yaffle and isn't Mumble at Uni......wouldn't there be Professors....I think...... :pray:

Edited by Bagpuss

Mumble, are you any of the below...

Saggy, baggy, old

No, No & No

stripey, a cat, live with mice

No, No & No - but I did have a pet mouse once . . .

have a friend called Emily

No

have a beard, orange hair

No & No

a problem with wind

Well I did have beans for brekkie!!!! :oops:

change your avatar hourly

No

scared of flying or waxing

Flying - no, waxing - terrified, but as I haven't posted about that until now, that can't be the answer :unsure:

have hamsters buried in your garden in tupperware.............

Err, no, although I'm not sure where my rabbit :robbie: that died that my mum 'forgot' to tell me about went . . .

I've got it, I've got it....... :bounce::bounce: Professors......Professor Yaffle and isn't Mumble at Uni......wouldn't there be Professors....I think...... :pray:

There are lots of profs . . . So maybe . . . I'm off to think

Do we get any more clues???? My head's still hurting and can't cope with much thinking :lol:

What is the connection between Mumble and Bagpuss??

Singing - Bagpuss (the character) doesn't speak but the mice sing, Mumble (the character) doesn't sing but all the other penguins do?????

Hmm, not sure what that's to do about going way back though . . .

Are we looking for a link between the characters of Mumble and Bagpuss or between me and the person Bagpuss represents?? :unsure:

Ahhhhhhh...

Bagpuss - didn't necessarily say it had anything to do with old posts YOU'VE made.... The reference was to something I've mentioned many times in old 'nostalgia' threads.

Mumble - I think your singing answer may be better than my 'official' one - but I'm setting the quiz so tough! :P

Final clue(s)...

The Bagpuss link is more to do with online 'I.D', the Mumble one more to do with the nature of the chosen avvy....

Now there's easy!

:devil:

L&P

Bob Monkhouse

Mumble - I think your singing answer may be better than my 'official' one - but I'm setting the quiz so tough! :P

So I ran in the opposite direction to the finishing tape this time . . . :rolleyes::lol::lol:

The Bagpuss link is more to do with online 'I.D', the Mumble one more to do with the nature of the chosen avvy....

Fur?

Oh, no . . . you're not going to eat us both as roadkill are you??? :tearful::lol::lol: Seriously, stick to the 6 foot duck (or the Big Billy Goats Gruff) - they're much tastier than either of us . . .

Ok - I'm off to check the 'nostalgia' threads now . . .

Got it got it (or else running to another finishing tape):

My penguin avvy is standing on ICE, which is Cool. COOL, is mentioned in Bagpuss' piccy-thingy!!!!

No?? :unsure::unsure: Ok, I'm off back to the posts . . .

Bagpuss...Penguins....Bagpuss.....Penguins..... :unsure::hypno:

Pingwings? :wacko:

Ahhhh.... i missed this last time i was in! You clever old sossidge - It's PINGWINGS!!!

Oliver Postgate made both!

For a while I was accused of making up The Pingwings 'cos nobody else could remember them... I was only a foetus myself, but they made a BIG impression on me 'cos i never forgot them :wub::wub:

Now, mumble - The Pingwings were knitted penguins in a stop-frame animation of the same name... They looked like this:

PINGWINGS!!!

Now, the website i knicked this from have an original knitting pattern to make your own!!! :thumbs::thumbs: Only i can't knit :(:(:(

(Hint hint hint)

L&P

Hughie Green

It's PINGWINGS!!!

I'm obviously far too young . . . or else other people are . . . :lol::whistle:

Now, mumble - The Pingwings were knitted penguins in a stop-frame animation of the same name...

Well that's not going to work - surely they would shrink whenever they went in the water . . . :unsure:

Now, the website i knicked this from have an original knitting pattern to make your own!!! :thumbs::thumbs: Only i can't knit :(:(:(

(Hint hint hint)

Well given that my knitting style goes knit one, drop one, knit one, drop one etc etc, I never seem to get anywhere . . . The needles can be fun though if people come a bit too close - I've been thinking I might take up knitting on the bus!! :whistle::whistle:

So is it Bagpuss's turn to put up the next question?

Oh, erm, ok, but given that I seem to be running for the wrong finishing tapes, my thinking may be a little different from others and could just lead to confusion :wacko::lol:

Ok, based on a book I was reading last night (that's the only clue for now):

What is the connection between mopeds, muppets, smog, blogs and cyborgs?

Oh, erm, ok, but given that I seem to be running for the wrong finishing tapes, my thinking may be a little different from others and could just lead to confusion :wacko::lol:

Ok, based on a book I was reading last night (that's the only clue for now):

What is the connection between mopeds, muppets, smog, blogs and cyborgs?

Is it that they are all derived from two words sandwiched together?

Moped - motor/pedal?; muppet - marrionette/puppet?; smog - smoke/gas?; blog - biography/log?; Cyborg - cybernetic/organism?.

If that's not the answer it SHOULD be!!!

BTW - you didn't have to read a book for inspiration - the batcave would have done!

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...st&p=125085

Am I right? :unsure: (If not, i just haven't been given all the pertinent information... I am NEVER wrong!! :lol::lol::lol:;) )

Ahhhh.... i missed this last time i was in! You clever old sossidge - It's PINGWINGS!!!

Oliver Postgate made both!

For a while I was accused of making up The Pingwings 'cos nobody else could remember them... I was only a foetus myself, but they made a BIG impression on me 'cos i never forgot them :wub::wub:

Now, mumble - The Pingwings were knitted penguins in a stop-frame animation of the same name... They looked like this:

PINGWINGS!!!

baddad, have you been busy with your old black and white silly camera again???? :huh:

baddad, have you been busy with your old black and white silly camera again???? :huh:

even in a spoof these days you couldn't get away with 'Gay the goat' :(

Ahhhhhh, how innocent it all was back then... Hold on.... Hippy's 'n' free love......Vietnam.......Nixon....... It was all lies!!! I was sold a pup! :crying::crying:

The Pingwings was a set-up to lull me into a false sense of security :crying::crying:

THANKS ARO - You've ruined my life!!!!! :unsure::unsure::ph34r:

:P;)

Is it that they are all derived from two words sandwiched together?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::groupwave::groupwave:

Well done Badoast!!!!! (see, I read your other post!!! - though I still haven't a clue what the Batcave is all about!!! :unsure::lol: )

To be specific, they're all portmanteau words - AKA two words squished together.

Now, for a bonus point - in which book were portmanteau/sandwiched words first described?

smog - smoke/gas?; blog - biography/log?

Smog = smoke + fog

Blog = web + log

Mumble :)

My guess is it was something by Edward De Bighead Bono? Wordpower, maybe?

Either that or a book of poems by J. Milton Hayes... he wrote:

There's a one-eyed yellow idol to the north of Portmanteau

Or it could be in a book adaptation of that strange 60's TV classic 'The Prisoner' - can that was set in the little Welsh village of Portmanteau

Or... it could have been Jules Verne's 'Around the world in 80 days' - 'cos the valet was called Portmanteau

:whistle::whistle:;)

My guess is it was something by Edward De Bighead Bono? Wordpower, maybe?

Nope.

Either that or a book of poems by J. Milton Hayes

Nope

Or it could be in a book adaptation of that strange 60's TV classic 'The Prisoner' - can that was set in the little Welsh village of Portmanteau

Nope - but I like that idea . . . :lol:

[/b]Or... it could have been Jules Verne's 'Around the world in 80 days' - 'cos the valet was called Portmanteau

:whistle::whistle:;)[/color][/font][/font]

Don't understand this one . . . but still no.

Try again - you need to go much further back (well, actually, not too much further back than Mr Hayes) - but books and poems are the right way to go . . .

Btw - what's the new bit on your avvy - I've been staring at it a while now, and I can't work it out.

Try again - you need to go much further back (well, actually, not too much further back than Mr Hayes) - but books and poems are the right way to go . . .

Btw - what's the new bit on your avvy - I've been staring at it a while now, and I can't work it out.

1 - cheated and googled - Lewis Carol - through the looking glass :P

The new bit - it doesn't downsize very well does it...

here's a bigger version: It needs a lot more wrinkles and i couldn't stretch it quite wide enough, but...

me!