Sign in to follow this  
tracey

camhs

Hi all

havnt been on much recently moving house in a few weeks all been well so had alot too do.

but not sure what too do about this had a letter from cahms yesterday suggesting they close my daughters file as they dont seem too be doing anything too help.

Im in two minds i agree i get no help from them but feel its helpful to have them in the background as my daughter 15 and a half is still out of school 14months now and im still trying too get some home tuition now going through connections who seem quite helpful having said were still no further.

the problem we have with tuition is my daughter wont always go out especially if something goes wrong or she doesnt look/feel right i have come to the conclusion you get no help from the proffesionals they just make you feel worse therefore im doing my best to teach as much as i can in the home myself

just wondered any one any thoughts on the file closing bit even though theres no help whatsoever should i keep in there???????

Guest Lya of the Nox

i was aksed that recently and altho we like u mostly do it ourself

i said no, cos u neva know when u need somone who can write a letter on u behalf

keep it open as long as you can (btw my dd is 12 lol and they wanted ot close it)

>:D<<'>

thanks for that yeah i suppose its usefull for that i am also going too find out if theres anything for post 16's through them possibly not in the lincolnshire area

Both our girls are under CAMHS, and they periodically try and close the files, and we insist on them keeping them open; it is so hard to get a referral here, and the waiting lists are so long, I need to know that we can just pick up the phone and get an appointment when we need one, not 12 to 18 months down the line.

Bat

x

Hi

My dealings with CAMHS in Edinburgh, so far, haven't been great. In fact, the clinical psych tried to make me feel worse, more useless, etc than I already do. My son tries to run on the road in front of cars, etc. Whilst out with the clinical psy, he tried this resulting in me on my knees clinging on to him. The clinical psy had the front afterwards to tell me that my anxiety caused this. Couldn't believe my ears - I reminded her she had a very short memory, since she said she felt very uneasy and wanted to go back to the consultation room. In addition, I told her than in a potentially life-threatening situation, how the heck am I not supposed to be anxious (I was hardly a wreck - I kept my cool and handled things as best as I could!). People like her don't help. I really believe than if these so-called professionals are more of a hinderance than a help, then they're not worth dealing with.

You could try asking to see someone else.

Best wishes

Caroline

thanks all for posts have wrote back to camhs stating in my opinion they should be looking at ways they can help my daughter in a way that she would benefit i can think of plenty that can be done unfortunatly we seem to be missing out on this as getting out of the house is difficult home visits by the professionals is what we need its the same with education home tuition is so hard to come by am still tryin

tracey