Bambi

We got DLA!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys

Well today i went to check my bank to see if the DLA had gone in as i have heard parents getting it put in the bank before receiving the letter and it was there!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs: im ecstatic! :thumbs: we really needed this and it will make our life a tad easier, thats for sure!

Bambi x

I am so pleased for you. :thumbs::thumbs:

I still remember that wonderful feeling when M got his DLA, and I got the same feeling again when he had it renewed last month, this time for 3 years.

Glad life will be that bit easier now. It is for us, particularily since M requires different things that maybe others wouldn't keep paying for.

mum22boys

I got my first DLA payment last week, again before i got my letter, was really nice to see a large payment in my account i didn't expect to see. I have read many reports from parents saying they had been turned down so wasn't holding out much hope. We been awarded lower rate mobilty and middle rate care.

We don't have to reapply until 2011 so am really pleased.

When does your claim run until ?

That's great, and second the Carers Allowance suggestion.....although took me a long, long time to claim that too......couldn't get my head around being a carer :rolleyes: The DLA made a huge difference to our lives, and with our first payment we bought youngest dd, who had been awarded it, lots of things for the garden, as she can't play out....she was thrilled with her sandpit, trampoline and playhouse :thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs: Brilliant news, so relieved for you, must of been a really odd feeling seeing the bank ballance with no explanation though?

JsMum

Thanx guys! :D

Yep very odd and i have had no explanation still, i am very keen to see what T has been awarded. I know they were looking at my claim last week as they rung me to confirm T had been in hospital and what dates he was in hospital because our GP had told them this, at last they contacted the medical professionals involved to get the true clear pic of Ts daily difficulties.

Hoping i get a letter in the morn but we will see, if not i will give them a call.

I have today booked a hol to disneyland paris for July, for me & my boys, my bro is coming along to help with T :thumbs: i cant wait and neither can the boys, they are ecstatic! :thumbs:

Bambi x

Edited by Bambi

yes my money went in the bank before i got the letter,it was lovely not being overdrawn for a change!!

took steve to portugal with my backpay,lovely not to worry about money andget him the things he needed

glad you got dla sorted :thumbs:

HI guys

I got the letter this morn and this is what we have been awarded:

Help with personal care - Higher rate

Help with getting around - Lower rate

I dont know if thats correct for Ts needs but i am now on the case of claiming carers allowance as i have the letter to confirm disability has been awarded for T.

Nice one hev, i wanted to go to the caribbean but T opted for disneyland paris, its his money so we go to where he chooses, plus its his birthday in july so what a hol that will be :thumbs:

Bambi x

PS This was after an appeal, i asked them to reconsider after them refusing T DLA, saying T was no more hard work of an average child his age!

Edited by Bambi

THATS GREAT NEWS BAMBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D:thumbs::party::clap:

Did you get it on first try?? I'm currently going through the re-consideration process with my son so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!

I long to see my bank balance not displaying the DR sign lol

caroline

havnt posted for a while ,

it good news about the dla the feelings you have when it is in the bank are just great .

We have just had to apply for harry again as it runs out in august,

after 6 weeks found a extra amount in the account .I was worried that it was smaller than his last award of middle care but it seams that it was back pay for mobility lower.So good news.

Just had the letter after a week and this time it go up to his 16 birthday.(he is 13 in august)

Dont for get to phone the tax credit people about his award for the disabled element ,carers allowance and if your income is low find out about the family fund.

vastarah

hello well done everyone , can anyone tell me how you managed to get back pay , my son has been going through 2 years of diagnosis but i only got my dla awarded from day of diagnosis ?? aslo does it affect the child tax credits? and i read somewhere about a disabilty premium , does anyone know of this ....its so hard to find out what u are entitiled to :unsure:

hello well done everyone , can anyone tell me how you managed to get back pay , my son has been going through 2 years of diagnosis but i only got my dla awarded from day of diagnosis ?? aslo does it affect the child tax credits? and i read somewhere about a disabilty premium , does anyone know of this ....its so hard to find out what u are entitiled to :unsure:

The disablity element of child tax credits makes a huge difference to the amount paid. If your child is on high rate care DLA then you get even more. It is well worth getting and they are good at back dating claims. Just ring the tax credits people and tell them when and at what rate the DLA started and look forward to a nice increase. Yes, it is that simple (for a change)

Keep smilin.

Elly

The disablity element of child tax credits makes a huge difference to the amount paid. If your child is on high rate care DLA then you get even more. It is well worth getting and they are good at back dating claims. Just ring the tax credits people and tell them when and at what rate the DLA started and look forward to a nice increase. Yes, it is that simple (for a change)

Keep smilin.

Elly

thanks for this rang them today , i think they were in a rush , it was the fastest conversation ever, thirty seconds done !!! i felt like id been on a rollercoaster when i got off the phone. It was like fact fact fact thank you goodbye .....does anyone know how long they take to sort it out for youand get the payment out ? so lets see what happens now !!!!

Dionne

thanks for this rang them today , i think they were in a rush , it was the fastest conversation ever, thirty seconds done !!! i felt like id been on a rollercoaster when i got off the phone. It was like fact fact fact thank you goodbye .....does anyone know how long they take to sort it out for youand get the payment out ? so lets see what happens now !!!!

Dionne

Amazingly, we have always been very lucky and have found that the Tax credits people sort and pay very quickly. We rang just over a week ago to inform of some changes and our Tax credit payment was altered for in time for friday (just gone) :notworthy: Hopefully you will be jsut as lucky.

Keep smilin

Elly

We also had a 2yr process of diagnosis, and we didn't get it back paid, only paid from diagnosis date.