Sign in to follow this  
Tally

Off to see the Wizard!

I'm heading off for the weekend now. I am being assessed formally for Asperger's Syndrome, visiting my parents, spending Saturday with some weirdos :whistle: visiting some friends, and going to the theatre!

Hope to be back online Wednesday.

have a good time Tally, and I hope the appointment goes well.

I'm curious to know what you're seeing at the theatre. :)

K x

I'm guessing it might be the wizard of oz from the thread title. Seeing some weirdos on Sat. I'm sure the lot from Oxford would vouch that I'm perfectly sane. ;) Pity I couldn't rely on the same from my friends and work colleagues. (Hope my bros spelling is better than mine - had to ask him.) Not long to go now. Have to remember to put mobile on charge. :)

Well, Friday was a bit of a day . . . I got up Thursday at 6pm, packed my bags and stuff, went to work until 6am Friday, drove from Devon to Surrey (3 hours) with my cats in the car, one of whom howled all the way, and also peed in the car. Then my mum and I headed off to Kent, where I had my assessment. The appointment lasted 2 hours, and the doctor asked me lots of questions, and also asked my mum a lot of questions about my early childhood. At the end she told me that I am right, that I do indeed have Asperger Syndrome. I've known for so long that I have already 'come to terms' with the idea. It was a relief to have it confirmed, and I feel like I can progress now that I know for certain.

AND THEN we drove to Essex to catch a plane to Newcastle. By the time we got on the plane, I had been awake for 28 hours. I shut my eyes once I was in my seat and when I opened them, we were nearly at Newcastle . . . I had slept through take-off!!!

My mum's been ill lately, this was her first day she was well enough to go out really, so she was as tired as I was, and we fell right to sleep the minute we got into bed.

On Saturday we got up about 9 and headed into Newcastle city centre. I'd had so many other things on my mind that planning how to get there had not occurred to me. Fortunately though, there was a Metro station at the airport, and it was easy enough to get into the centre. I'll tell you more about the meet in that thread, but we did manage to meet up, and have a nice time. We also saw a trade unionist marching band parading through the city centre with banners and all sorts. I didn't know people still did that!

Last night we flew back to my mum and dad's house, and fell asleep, really tired. I am still away. We are going out for lunch today. Tomorrow I'm hoping we can see my grandparents, and in the evening, I am going to the theatre with a friend (yes, I do have one!!!). We are seeing a play called Elling, which is about 2 men who are released from a mental institution and set up in a flat. They have to prove to their social worker that they are normal, otherwise they have to go back to the institution, but they don't really have a clue what normal is. It's meant to be very funny, and the idea appealed to my aspie sense of humour.