bid

Southern Meet...

Yes, I had the same trouble - I think it's a glitch with the network SE software!

Does anyone know if Maze Hill station is a better bet than Greenwich (GNW) - it's one stop along? Easiest connection for me from Tonbridge seems to be change at London Bridge for either Greenwich or Maze Hill...

The journey planner sometimes stops working if too many people want to use it . . . give it a few hours and it should work again (or clear the leaves from the line :devil::whistle: )

Is Maze Hill better - yes, if the meetup was in Maze Hill or you are trying to avoid any of us!! Seriously though, I suppose you could go there and get a bus . . .

Greenwich mainline station to the ship in a tent is a 13 minute walk. But coming from Tonbridge, won't your train go through Lewisham, in which case I would be tempted to change there and get the DLR to Cutty Sark station and cut out London Bridge altogether :unsure:

Greenwich mainline station to the ship in a tent is a 13 minute walk. But coming from Tonbridge, won't your train go through Lewisham, in which case I would be tempted to change there and get the DLR to Cutty Sark station and cut out London Bridge altogether :unsure:

Ooer - if it's too hard I won't understand it!

On the SE planner it says you have to change at LB for Lewisham!

Just as well it's not until July... I'll spend until then route planning! :wacko:

I'll be getting the Docklands light railway. It's good that the ship will be covered - I think DS2 would scream the place down if he sees a ship again. But then he might scream seeing the tent :o Something is bound to set him off anyway! I'm not sure what train station I'll arrive at yet - I can't seem to get the journey planner to work!

Well you can be our rallying point then!

On the SE planner it says you have to change at LB for Lewisham!

Well that might be right - I was just going by the railway map on my wall - it seems that from Tonbridge area to LB there's a bit of a loop in the Lewisham area - maybe the trains do by-pass Lewisham so you'll have to go into and out again of LB then decide whether to walk from Greenwich or take the DLR one stop.

Guest Lya of the Nox

i think that i get a train to chatham then change to gravesend and meet someone :unsure: and the trian from there goes right to greenwich ?

yeah it does lovey,goes straightfrom good old gravesend to greenwich :thumbs:

im not sure you will make it to greenwich though,im quite loud you know :whistle::whistle: bring your earpugs :rolleyes:

Guest Lya of the Nox
yeah it does lovey,goes straightfrom good old gravesend to greenwich :thumbs:

im not sure you will make it to greenwich though,im quite loud you know :whistle::whistle: bring your earpugs :rolleyes:

does mp3 player count lol

twill all be fines

x

Given the current situation . . . work won't be an issue by July.

I'm coming to Greenwich :)

I'll be taking the Tube, but I can't even find Maze Hill station on my map . . . is it on the DLR? Maybe I'll try and pick up a map newer than 2001 at some point :lol:

I might get off at Mudchute, just because I like the name.Yes, that's me, you'll find me spinning round in a circle, flapping my hands at Mudchute station :lol:

Edited by Tally

Given the current situation . . . work won't be an issue by July.

I'm coming to Greenwich :)

I'll be taking the Tube, but I can't even find Maze Hill station on my map . . . is it on the DLR? Maybe I'll try and pick up a map newer than 2001 at some point :lol:

I might get off at Mudchute, just because I like the name.Yes, that's me, you'll find me spinning round in a circle, flapping my hands at Mudchute station :lol:

:lol:

Tally, get off at Mudchute if you must, then get back on the DLR again and go to Island Gardens - from there you can walk through the tunnel under the river and pop up in Greenwich just by the Cutty Sark. :)

It will be great to see you!

K x

They reckon they can restore it!

Although probably not by July, looking at the state of it.

And all the interesting items on board had been removed because they were doing some work on it, so they are safe.

So are we now meeting at the tent over the burnt out wreck formerly known as the Cutty Sark? :o Does that now mean that they will have to change the name of the DLR station to "Greenwich for the burnt out wreck formerly known as the Cutty Sark"? It was probably me that didn't want to go to close to the ship, so that DS2 didn't freak out!!

:o

I hope it wasn't me that jinxed the ship by mentioning it last night. :o I'd better stay off this thread!

Wasn't me, honest. :crying:

K x

:o

I hope it wasn't me that jinxed the ship by mentioning it last night. :o I'd better stay off this thread!

Wasn't me, honest. :crying:

K x

Hmmmmm......... could you give a quick mention please for the houses of Parliament and LEA HQ's nationally... If that 'works' I'll PM you with a list of names and addresses from my little red book. If I send you the little black book by mistake, ignore it - it has only minor sentimental/historical value these days ;):lol::lol:

:D

I think this is the list as it stands at the moment. Haven't tried tracking kids or partners.

Lya of the Nox

Mumble

Smiley (+ Friend to help her get to meet)

Baddad + #1 Son

Kathryn + Son (age 10 by the time we meet)

Bard

MichelleW + Children (age 7 & 2.5)

Bagpuss + Partner + Children (3 of them [aged 6, 9 and 13])

Hev

Loulou

BuzyLizzie100

Bikergal + Boyfriend

Lynden

JJ's Mum + Husband (wheel chair user) + Son (age 4)

Tally

KarenT ?

Flora ?

Bid ?

Zaman - Probably not but still a small chance.

EDIT: Correcting list as get updates. Might try adding kids and partners too at some point.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Hi David,

I wont be able to come to the southern meet though i would like to. I just couldnt do all that travelling in a weekend. LOL I wonder how you manage it! If i was going all the way down there I'd want to stop over for at least 2 nights. Maybe if there is another one during a school holiday sometime.........

Have a great time everyone,

SV

It is probably something to do with been young and quite liking trains. That said I expect normally I'd have looked at overnighting. Mind you it is cheaper this way. Sorry you can't make it on this occasion.

Well, let's hope it goes better than my night out on Saturday. I had arranged to meet up with about 8 women from ASD support group at chinese resturant. I almost missed bus, then arrived at restuarant to find it was closed for refurbishment!! :o After a few phonecalls, 4 chinese resturants later (and a very patient taxi driver) I eventually found the group. Someone had forgotten to phone me to let me know about the change of location! So, before I travel to Greenwich, I'll need at least a few phone numbers just in case I get "lost" and can't find a large group of people!

Well, let's hope it goes better than my night out on Saturday. I had arranged to meet up with about 8 women from ASD support group at chinese resturant. I almost missed bus, then arrived at restuarant to find it was closed for refurbishment!! :o After a few phonecalls, 4 chinese resturants later (and a very patient taxi driver) I eventually found the group. Someone had forgotten to phone me to let me know about the change of location! So, before I travel to Greenwich, I'll need at least a few phone numbers just in case I get "lost" and can't find a large group of people!

:oops: My lap top is playing up!

Edited by MichelleW

I expect we should do Neil's trick and make a document of all the mobile numbers and circulate it to everyone. Then you just need to remember to take it with you. (Guess who forgot for the Newcastle one. Only number I had on my phone for someone from here wouldn't have helped much either. :rolleyes: )

Guest Lya of the Nox
I think this is the list as it stands at the moment. Haven't tried tracking kids or partners.

Lya of the Nox

Mumble

Smiley (+ Friend to help her get to meet)

Baddad + #1 Son

Kathryn + Son (age 10 by the time we meet)

Bard

MichelleW + Children (age 7 & 2.5)

Bagpuss + Partner + Children (3 of them [aged 6, 9 and 13])

Hev

Loulou

BuzyLizzie100

Bikergal + Boyfriend

Lynden

JJ's Mum + Husband (wheel chair user) + Son (age 4)

Tally

KarenT ?

Zaman ?

Flora ?

Bid ?

EDIT: Correcting list as get updates. Might try adding kids and partners too at some point.

oooooooooooooooh gawd that loads and loads of peeps

:tearful:

Can I be a complete pain in the wotsit and now be a tentative maybe, please?? :pray:

Boho :ph34r:

would be lovely if you could make it >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

That's an awful lot of people. More than 30 possibly. I'm very scared. :tearful::tearful::tearful::tearful: Almost as much as I am about tomorrow :tearful::crying:

:tearful:

more the merrier,will be like a giant party. :band::band:

maybe we could change it to bromley? :P:P:lol::lol::lol:

That's an awful lot of people. More than 30 possibly. I'm very scared. :tearful::tearful::tearful::tearful: Almost as much as I am about tomorrow :tearful::crying:

dont be scared mumble >:D<<'> >:D<<'> i promise to hold your hand ALL day :thumbs: even if you dont want me too,im not letting go :lol::devil::devil:

Mumble - how are you getting there? Would you like a travel buddy? >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

We will be going to the park for a pic-nic (i think! :unsure: ), so you/me/lya/etc ( :rolleyes::lol: ) can find a quiet spot. :)

We can huddle into small groups, nibbling our picnic munchies. Then if we feel brave enough, we might start a little mingling.

Some members might want to do different things, so we can wander off in smaller groups to see a museum or a brewery.

I'm sure it won't be too scary, we're predisposed to like each other.

If some people don't want to talk, others want to run around flapping, DMB catches a quick nap and the children all shout at each other and want to fall in the river, then that's how it goes.

No agenda, no pressure, just meeting for as long as we want to.

Oh, I can feel myself radiating Zen vibes as I type, time to go and stare at the clouds...

No agenda, no pressure, just meeting for as long as we want to.

Oh, I can feel myself radiating Zen vibes as I type, time to go and stare at the clouds...

:lol::lol::lol:>:D<<'>

Feeling braver already :D

Mumble - how are you getting there? Would you like a travel buddy? >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

We will be going to the park for a pic-nic (i think! :unsure: ), so you/me/lya/etc ( :rolleyes::lol: ) can find a quiet spot. :)

Yeah thanks Smiley and others - actually with a big group we can split up a bit more as Bard says. I'll be the silent, or if you're lucky, Mumbleling, flapping penguin in the corner.

Travelling I should be OK because I've been before and know where I'm going - I'll be taking the train to Lewisham and then the DLR up to 'Burnt out Wreak of the Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich' DLR station. Then I just follow the smell of charred boat . . . (BTW, that was nothing to do with me or my apparent new smoking hobby :unsure::unsure::lol: Smokey Jo/e did go out about 4am this morning though . . . (and thought I needed waking up in the process :angry: )

I like the idea of swopping mowblis :)

Can I rely on others to do this and I'll just try not to get lost and look out for the pink hats? I really don't do phones.

dont be scared mumble >:D<<'> >:D<<'> i promise to hold your hand ALL day :thumbs: even if you dont want me too,im not letting go :lol::devil::devil:

Thanks Hev, I think I know what you mean, however, as a word of warning, whatever you do, don't hold my hand as I'm liable to freak out completely if anyone touches me, particularly as I'll be incredibly stressed. :tearful::tearful:

Hmmmmm......... could you give a quick mention please for the houses of Parliament and LEA HQ's nationally... If that 'works' I'll PM you with a list of names and addresses from my little red book. If I send you the little black book by mistake, ignore it - it has only minor sentimental/historical value these days ;):lol::lol:

Can be arranged for a small fee... :devil:

Bid, hope you can make it :dance:

Behind the back of the National Maritime museum, next to the park, I seem to remember there's a huge climbing frame shaped like a ship (it's part of the museum). This might be a good meeting place? It's close to everything, right by the park, the museum and the museum cafe.

Assuming it doesn't burn down now I've mentioned it. :ph34r:

K x

My computrr mouse has just died...I'm using my daughter's tablet pen to communicate with you, but it's VERY difficult for a technoclot. I lack the delicacy of the true computer nerd.

I'm going now...I may be some time....out into the snowstorms to find a compatible mouse.

Farewell my virtual friends!

I'm a probably not, I'm afraid. Partly as Saturdays aren't good for me, but also because that looks like a big group, and I'm not sure if my kids could cope with so many grown ups they don't know . . . But you never know . . .

Yeah thanks Smiley and others - actually with a big group we can split up a bit more as Bard says. I'll be the silent, or if you're lucky, Mumbleling, flapping penguin in the corner.

Travelling I should be OK because I've been before and know where I'm going - I'll be taking the train to Lewisham and then the DLR up to 'Burnt out Wreak of the Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich' DLR station. Then I just follow the smell of charred boat . . . (BTW, that was nothing to do with me or my apparent new smoking hobby :unsure::unsure::lol: Smokey Jo/e did go out about 4am this morning though . . . (and thought I needed waking up in the process :angry: )

Can I rely on others to do this and I'll just try not to get lost and look out for the pink hats? I really don't do phones.

Thanks Hev, I think I know what you mean, however, as a word of warning, whatever you do, don't hold my hand as I'm liable to freak out completely if anyone touches me, particularly as I'll be incredibly stressed. :tearful::tearful:

oh allright mumble,i will hold baddads hand all day then :wub::wub::wub: