bid

Southern Meet...

You have mentioned 5 colours or shades, and you have ten toes( barring accidents)

There is a logical solution that will make you easy to identify, if you do the maths!

Humph, Bard, you got there before me. I was going to offer the very same advice :lol:

Guest Lya of the Nox
Bagsy a seat next to Lya............ :whistle::eat::D

.........now, the important stuff......... shall i go for purpley-pink toenails, or deeeep purple toe nails, or light pink toenails, or blue (I kid-ye-not :P ) toenails, or maybe greeeeen :curlers:. And what toe ring to wear? big sparklie silver one, or little sparklie silver one, or blue and silver sparklie one, or, or, or, or..........................

I think i'll ask M to decide for me - he's the sensible one around here............... :rolleyes::lol:

Think i'll have on something or other tunic-ey, and blue cardi, blue jeans (maybe light, maybe dark denim)......................probably, maybe, just off to check washing basket........ :wacko:

:partytime:

i have 2 blue toe nails and 8 purple ones

so dont ask me lol

xxx

The Batcave? Hmm, colour me confused :unsure: but intrigued!

ddh looking for Batcave :robbie:

Probably just as well you never found it or you would have run screaming in the opposite direction and never joined up :devil:

It's a thread in Off Topic - a crazy place of merry anarchy and creativity, sadly not active at the moment but always ready to be revived - right, BD, Bid Suze, Flozza... ??

The Batcave

If you start now you'll just about have time to read through all 50- odd pages before it's time to leave tomorrow. ;)

K x

Bagsy a seat next to Lya............ :whistle::eat::D

.........now, the important stuff......... shall i go for purpley-pink toenails, or deeeep purple toe nails, or light pink toenails, or blue (I kid-ye-not :P ) toenails, or maybe greeeeen :curlers:. And what toe ring to wear? big sparklie silver one, or little sparklie silver one, or blue and silver sparklie one, or, or, or, or..........................

I think i'll ask M to decide for me - he's the sensible one around here............... :rolleyes::lol:

Think i'll have on something or other tunic-ey, and blue cardi, blue jeans (maybe light, maybe dark denim)......................probably, maybe, just off to check washing basket........ :wacko:

:partytime:

Well, I've just gone for the chocolate brown, and when it's dry I'm going to add a little silver heart-shaped gem sticker that I pinched from my youngest DD to each big toe nail :clap::lol:

Boho :bounce:

I will wear my stripy socks, inside my boots!

My hair is shiny enough to be all the bling I require.

Hmmmmmmmm yes! we will all look so FABBY! :clap:

I am going to have a bath and put some relatively clean clothes on... I might even brush my hair!

What's that? Really? Lowest form of wit you say?? Oh dear, oh dear... :devil::devil::devil:

You see - i knew you lot would get the whole toe nail dilemma.. :thumbs::lol:

Little monkey (my style guru....gawd help me!) has decided on pinky-purpley and the biggest silver toe ring :notworthy::rolleyes::lol:

(Bid - what did you go tellin' her about the Batcave for............... now she'll never turn up! :wacko::hypno::lol: )

I will wear my stripy socks, inside my boots!

Ooohh, can I wear my silly socks please??? :unsure: Knowing that I'm wearing something very silly that others can't see (although I have a tendency to take my feet off so you might see them) makes me feel better.

Now a decision. Do I wear the tiger ones or the cow-udder ones??

Hmmmmmmmm yes! we will all look so FABBY! :clap:

I am going to have a bath and put some relatively clean clothes on... I might even brush my hair!

What's that? Really? Lowest form of wit you say?? Oh dear, oh dear... :devil::devil::devil:

Ahhh, but which ear-ring are you gonna wear, eh??!! :devil::P

Boho :dance:

Ooohh, can I wear my silly socks please??? :unsure: Knowing that I'm wearing something very silly that others can't see (although I have a tendency to take my feet off so you might see them) makes me feel better.

Now a decision. Do I wear the tiger ones or the cow-udder ones??

Wear the udder ones :)

K x

OK, Kathryn, you're being very quiet!! :shame:

Will you be wearing your customary co-ordinated ear-rings/necklace/bracelet combo??

Which always co-ordinates with your clothes! :clap:

So there...see, I'm not the only one!! :P:lol:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

My one big concern is that the only adult-size cagoule chez Boho seems to have disappeared.

So Jester produced with a flourish a teeny flat packet about 3" by 4", with a label saying 'Wet Weather Poncho' :ph34r:

It has never been opened, it has a price tag of �1.99, and even the drawing is one of those 50s stylee line-drawing women wearing a rainhood!! :o:ph34r::ph34r:

It is at least 15-plus years old, and can only be made of very thin plastic to fold up so small...so if it rains, I shall be looking particularly stylish!! :crying:

Oh, and it's a fetching shade of 'snot green' :(

:lol::lol::lol:

Boho :unsure:

Edited by bid

[quote name='Kathryn' date='Jul 13 2007, 08:36 PM' post='161313'

If you start now you'll just about have time to read through all 50- odd pages before it's time to leave tomorrow. ;)

K x

The Batcave is amazing! A good laugh....but eyes tired and only managed a few pages. 'Holy DLA' has me laughing still...

If the Batcave is reactivated count me in, please....now, to think of a name....that will give me something to do on the train!

ddh

K x

The Batcave is amazing! A good laugh....

It starts getting really funny around page 5 :whistle::whistle::devil:

Sadly, some of the formatting went a bit weird when the forum moved, but it's still good stuff!

L&P

CC/JT/BD :D

Oh, and it's a fetching shade of 'snot green' :(

:lol::lol::lol:

Boho :unsure:

Won't match the necklace - leave it behind. Better be soggy than unstylish. :P

K x

OK, Kathryn, you're being very quiet!! :shame:

Will you be wearing your customary co-ordinated ear-rings/necklace/bracelet combo??

Which always co-ordinates with your clothes! :clap:

No I'm going to wear my brown jeans with black trainers and really wind you up. :devil::whistle:

K x

I'll second that >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Have a wonderful time, will be thinking of you all. Hope this weather is fine, so dont forget to put an order in for plenty of sunshine. :D

:cheers::gather::wine::party::band::groupwave::bounce: :bounce:

Have fun, gosh I wish I was coming toooooo!!!!! :( but looking forward to your recordings yayyayayayy!!!!!!!

Love

Frangipani xx :D

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

:D

Teeny-weeny bit excited..................... :whistle:

Going to go to bed now - honest, i really am, probably, quite possibly, any time now................. :rolleyes:

N'Night all - see you on the other side........... Mwahahahahahahahaha :partytime:

>:D<<'> :)

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

:D

Teeny-weeny bit excited..................... :whistle:

Going to go to bed now - honest, i really am, probably, quite possibly, any time now................. :rolleyes:

N'Night all - see you on the other side........... Mwahahahahahahahaha :partytime:

>:D<<'> :)

Ha! Sleep is for the weak and the sane.

I'm trying to remember the locations of where I hid all my yummy picnic delicacies. I wanted to make sure that all the idle lollygaggers in my house who are already on holiday didn't gobble my special munchies.

Fruit in the veg drawer, under the broccoli, croissants in the Tudor resources box, along with the brownies

( Don't worry Mumble, they're safe ). But where did I put the cashew nuts for my cous cous? Not in the matches and candles box....so where?

My stuffed vine leaves are in the fridge " Gross, Mum, they look like giant slugs" so they're safe.

See you tomorrow everyone.

croissants in the Tudor resources box, along with the brownies

( Don't worry Mumble, they're safe ).

How very appropriate, given that Greenwich was originally a the site of one of Henry VIII's palaces.

No more sleeps to go.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh :tearful::tearful:

Please be nice to me - I scare easily.

Mumble :(

My stuffed vine leaves are in the fridge

Erm, stupid question probably, but how do you stuff a leaf? Aren't they a bit flat? And why would you want to stuff a leaf - I didn't think leaves (other than lettuce, nettles and herbs) were edible (and the nettle bit's debatable anyway)? :unsure::unsure:

No more sleeps to go.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh :tearful::tearful:

Please be nice to me - I scare easily.

Mumble :(

Promise, no hugging, shaking hands or touching.

No trying to make you join in, have a conversation or asking questions and waiting for the answers.

Communicate through text if you like!

See you there. :D

Erm, stupid question probably, but how do you stuff a leaf? Aren't they a bit flat? And why would you want to stuff a leaf - I didn't think leaves (other than lettuce, nettles and herbs) were edible (and the nettle bit's debatable anyway)? :unsure::unsure:

You stuff them with rice and roll them up like a cigar.

You'd be amazed how many sorts of leaves are edible, but you can stick to croissants, fruit and brownies if you like.

New food + new people = increased stress.

Plus all the more giant slugs for me :eat:

Guest Lya of the Nox

good a mornin

i am up lol

can here little one moving a bit

we are aiming for a train about 8 30 ish

c u all soon xx

Weather report from the South to help you decide how many sparklies to wear!!!!

Beautiful, warm, sunny day!!! Yippee :D The clouds that there were at 5am are quickly being burnt off by the sun - and I've just cut off the circulation to my arms trying to roll up my sleves (that's the full extent to which I do 'summer' clothes :lol:) Bid - you might just escape the snotty green mac!

A perfect day to sumo wrestle BD to the ground, batter him with various battering instruments and then drown him in the paddling pool I think!!!! :lol::whistle::devil:

I'm certain you'll all have a fab time.... I've opted out of coming to this one as I'm far too stressy at the moment to have fun.... but I will defo make the next one unless I'm on holiday or something.

We want ALL the gossip.

Flozza XX

>:D<<'> Hope you all have a great day :dance:

This isn't that far from me but have way too much aggro going on at the moment to make the trip.. maybe next time hope those who go have a really wonderful time and we all want a full blow by blow account when you get home!!!!!

I'm back home. Rather hot and with a red tinge around my face though.

As you can probably tell we had nice weather in Greenwich. It was a good day actually. Just a pity I had to leave when I did to catch a train home as I'd have loved to stay longer. It was nice to meet some more members and catch up with a few I'd met before. I also enjoyed meeting some of the children I'd heard talked about on here. From todays experience they all seemed lovely. Nice, freindly and adventurous. It was a bit fun at time coordinating where everyone was due to the numbers but overall it went very smoothly. Everyone seemed to cope well and from the comments I've heard when leaving and via text since also enjoyed themselves.When I was leaving they were off up the observatory (would have loved to have gone myself too) which I hope was enjoyed by those who were left. Didn't get to say proper good byes to everyone so I'll do it here. 'Bye and hope to see you all again in person soon.' :D I particularly enjoyed having a chat with Mumble and Bard who were both very informative and good at suggesting things to try and talking about their own experiences of teaching. Thanks you two. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Now where's our next meet going to be. The only comment I'll make is I'd rather it is after the summer as I don't want to miss out. All the meets I have been to have been great fun so far. The audio recording had to be done a few times. Baddad was blaming his tools and son. I think we got there in the end via the use of a camera to record the audio. Everyone also seemed well equiped and prepared. Only thing for future reference (though hopefully it might have changed by then) is that there is no boat to be found at the moment. There is just a large tent instead. Also locals apparently don't take kindly to people asking for directions to it. I'd like to thank everyone who came for making it such a great day and to encourage you all to try and make the next meet. It is good fun and everyone is very supportive and will let you do your own thing if you need to. Looking forward to reading other peoples reports on the day. Had a little fun directing some people to find us but everyone made it in the end. Think I could have done with scouting the area as people kept trying to use shops, etc... as landmarks to help me find them. I had an OS map and a map of the park. Was the first time I can remember being in Greenwich too. That said once you found the sign posts it was fairly easy to get people to us. All the best, David.

PS I don't think Baddad can keep his name. He's not a bad dad. So what about Gooddad. No doesn't sound right. Ummm perhaps I'll go for Raddad from now on. :P (As in radical.) I'm just worried his son might have a similar sense of humour and start posting on here. ;) Not sure we could all cope with two of them. LOL ROFL

I had a really nice day too. It was really nice to meet everyone, you were all really nice, including the children. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had to get home quite early.

I managed to talk a bit more than last time, but I feel like I only talked to answer questions about myself. It's just difficult to know what to say to other people.

The night before the weather forecast said it would be nice and sunny, but when I woke up there was a big black cloud hanging about, so I put on my warm clothes instead, and it turned out really warm and sunny! It was the first sunny day I've seen this year, and I even got a bit sunburned!

I managed to talk a bit more than last time, but I feel like I only talked to answer questions about myself. It's just difficult to know what to say to other people.

You accompanied us on the Great Underriver Crossing and back again, and you didn't laugh at me when I was excited about doing it. You are a woman of great kindness and tolerance!

I'm very glad you came.