bid

Southern Meet...

Should we synchronise watches??

:P:P:P:P:P

Humph - you're lucky I'm in a better mood and know not to take this literally!!!!! You'll definately be an 'individual' group at this rate!!!!!

BUT, if you do want to synchronise watches and you did want me to take it literally, there are more than enough clocks in the observatory to make sure we do it properly!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::huh::wacko:

Sounds perfect to me! And though I could drive, I think the kids would probably find a train trip much more exciting! We just need to agree on a date and a time to meet up. Should we all wear pink hats so we can spot each other easily????!!

Greenwich sounds good :thumbs: Never been before, although DH has. Hopefully will be able to make it, dependant of dates & accomodation costs :unsure: Will let you know for definate when we know what's what :thumbs:

Should we all wear pink hats so we can spot each other easily????!!

Mumble does not do pink!!!!

But Greenwich is sounding like a definate possibility (which is a definate contradiction!! :lol: )

Anyone going to join me in the not-market group? :wacko:

Michelle - if you're bringing your children by train, they might like to go on the DRL to get there (Docklands Light Railway - I'll probably take part of my journey that way - my mum took me on it when I was quite young, and I still find it fascinating)

I've been on the docklands light railway before - I also did the tunnel once - i think it went to the isle of dogs? Is Greenwich the place to see the Cutty Sark or the Tiger Moth? I went when I was a kid a long time ago! About 10 years ago I used to drive up to Greenwich and there was a car park that used to cost �1 for the whole day. I doubt it is still there now!

I'll be wearing my pink hat!! And my cowboy boots and I'll be carrying a copy of Judy Garland's greatest hits!

Sorry, Michelle - You don't put me off that easily! :lol::lol::lol:;)

I'll call your pink hat and raise you a pair of 'Millie-Tant' Doc Martins and a pair of 'Ripley' combat trousers :P

Y-M-C-A it's fun to stay at the............

The pink hat thing was a reference to another thread - where people were going to a talk in London a couple of weeks a go - and everyone (nearly!) seemed to have a pink hat! Unfortunately I didn't find out about the talk until it was to late and tickets had sold out - so I didn't get to wear my hat!!

Mumble, you sound better and better.

Likes castles and the beach, doesn't do pink...

If you like books, then it's a perfect match!

I'll be easy to spot, how many Aging hippies from Hogwarts can there be on any one day at Greenwich?

And whatever Baddad's on, he can bring some to share.

You sound more and more like an extra from Alice Through The Looking Glass every time you post here, Tunbridge must be a wilder place that I ever imagined!

I'll be easy to spot, how many Aging hippies from Hogwarts can there be on any one day at Greenwich?

You sound more and more like an extra from Alice Through The Looking Glass every time you post here, Tunbridge must be a wilder place that I ever imagined!

Probably at least one more than you anticipated :lol::lol:

T'was Christmas in the twilligong

And snow lay all around

The Mistle Toads were hoddling long

Across the frozphorous ground......

Far and few, far and few

Are the lands where the Baddads lif

With towns a bit like Tunbridge Wells

After toking on a herbal cigarette..........

:D

If you like books, then it's a perfect match!

Well, if having to get permission to have an extra 6' book case in my room and my mum complaining that she has no cupboard space because I've filled every possible hole with my books is anything to go by ... :oops::lol::lol:

So, Greenwich is looking popular - shall we give it a few more days and then try to set a date and time (by our syncronised watches!!) I want some of Baddad 'special' mixture too!!! :whistle::whistle:

So now we're down to dates.

ALL SATURDAYS HEV!!!

30 June, 7, 14, 21, 28 July, 4, 11, 18 August.

21 July is the first Saturday in the Summer holidays.

And I don't own a watch, synchronised or not. You'll have to use telepathy or a bugle to rally me.

And I don't own a watch, synchronised or not. You'll have to use telepathy or a bugle to rally me.

Well if we use a bugle those northerners might think we're trying to outdo their marching band :lol:

Just carry a grandfather clock (syncronised of course!) around with you - that way you'll know the time and we'll be able to spot you!!!

Any Saturday's are good for me, But July is definately better than June.

Mumble.

Agree, I'll have finished all those annoying teacher things by then and we'll be running wild, with beans in our ears. July is better for me too.

Edited by Bard

Yup, I'll vote for Greenwich - and July! :dance:

K x

7, 14, 21, 28

Pick a number!

So far it's Mumble, hev, Kathryn, Bard, and possibly Baddad, MichelleW, Bagpuss, Flora, Bid...who else is out there?

Good call on Greenwich by the way!

Edited by Bard

Down to 7th and 14th of July...

At Greenwich...

So far it's Mumble, hev, Kathryn, Bard, Bid, Lya of the Nox and possibly Baddad, MichelleW, Bagpuss, Flora, ...who else is out there?

beginning to actually look possible now, it's getting exciting!

I can't see either date being a problem :thumbs: For us it the accomodation....so won't be able to say for definate till I have a moochy online and see what's available and how much it will cost. Hope to see you all soon though :D

I'll be easy to recognise....I'll have a 6 year old leaping in and out of her wheelchair :wacko:

Baggy No Mates x

Both dates are good for me too :thumbs: Really exciting!!!!

I don't have any recognisable features (other than being slightly insane) so maybe I will need to wear a pink hat! :lol:

Guest Lya of the Nox

i am truely insane lol

and i do have a pink hat!!!

but generaly have purple hair so not misable

x

If I manage to get some dosh sorted (should be able to by then) I could make the earlier of the two dates. The later would be possible but would have to go back the same day as mum has roped me into the great north walk that sunday (Sunday 15th July) in Darlington.

http://www.greatrun.org/events/event.asp?id=44

EDIT: I'd be easily recognised. A - There is a pic of me online. B - Various people who are probably going have already met me.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

I should be able to make either 7th or 14th July, but the more notice I can give work, the better.

Anywhere in London is dead convenient for me, because I can stay with my parents, who live near London.

I had to laugh when I saw Bockett's Farm mentioned . . . that's about 10 minutes' walk from my parents' house!!! Now that would be convenient!

Yipee, more people - I think that makes it 11, possibly 12 people from here, possibly plus assorted kiddies, partners and pet elephants :thumbs::thumbs:

Getting very excited now (and that's good for me - I don't do social - setting a date may have me thinking up plans to walk/run in the opposite direction :unsure: )

Are we definately going for Greenwich then or is that still under consideration? I know someone who I think lives near there, so unless anyone else knows Greenwich well, I might be able to get info on foodie places etc. depending on what we decide to do.

It looks like the 7th July is the best for most people - is this not ok for anyone??

Mumble.

I don't do social - setting a date may have me thinking up plans to walk/run in the opposite direction.

It's OK Mumble. Bring a good book, headphones and an MP3, a pair of dark glasses.

When you think you are beginning to overload, retreat for a while and we'll just let you go!

Remember, you're with people who find this sort of thing easy to cope with, no waffling about rudeness, making you participate or trying to get you to be the life and soul of the party.

Just be you.

I once spent an afternoon in London with a hat. A gigantic black and red checked top hat with a torso and limbs attached. B had had enough and pulled my hat over his head down to his shoulders. Due to the restricted field of vision, he also walked with teeny tiny steps and spoke infrequently in a muffled voice.

I won't attempt to describe feeding the Hat a milkshake with 2 straws taped together so that they would reach...

So come...I can find the hat if you need it!

Hi,

I'd like to come too! If i can persuade Kai to come out of the house that is. He likes the Docklands Light Railway, so fingers crossed.

Loulou xx

I can make any saturday, so the 7th July will be good for me! Just hope it's not too hot - my kids don't do too good in the heat! I'm looking forward to it - getting excited too. It's great to feel I can go somewhere where I won't feel the odd one out! How are we going to recocnise each other if we aren't all wearing pink hats???? I think we should make up name tags for ourselves - just in case we get lost!!!

I can make any saturday, so the 7th July will be good for me! Just hope it's not too hot - my kids don't do too good in the heat! I'm looking forward to it - getting excited too. It's great to feel I can go somewhere where I won't feel the odd one out! How are we going to recocnise each other if we aren't all wearing pink hats???? I think we should make up name tags for ourselves - just in case we get lost!!!

Well, I'm a short, stout hippy from Hogwarts carrying a Grandfather clock and a fire extinguisher.

I am hopeful that Baddad will be equally easy to identify..

It's great to feel I can go somewhere where I won't feel the odd one out!

We don't say odd, we say uniquely individual.

:clap::clap::clap: (Apart from the fact that unique individual is a tautology :whistle: ) Did you see the programme last night discussing the etymology of 'normal' and suggesting a new definition?

How are we going to recocnise each other if we aren't all wearing pink hats???? I think we should make up name tags for ourselves - just in case we get lost!!!

Well given that I seem totally unable to remember people's names, labels might not be such a bad idea. I'm not wearing a pink hat, but howabouts I wear a Mad-hatters hat and replace the price tag with a label saying 'this is not a pink hat'? It will probably guarantee that people avoid me!!!!! Actually, I shouldn't be too difficult to recognise - how many penguins can there be in Greenwich!!!!! :lol::lol:

Well, I'm a short, stout hippy from Hogwarts carrying a Grandfather clock and a fire extinguisher.

Maybe you should make that a Grandmother clock, else the clock could be carrying you and we'll have to look for someone strung half way up a granfather clock waving a fire extinguisher at anyone with a cigarette who dares to come within a 20 metre radius!!!!!!

Oh I'm excited now. So is our list of who can come up to date - how many peole are bringing how many 'extras' (partners, elephants, children) - sorry I work well with details and knowing what will happen.

Greenwich on Saturday 7th July then - can someone book the sun please for that day and a few days before to dry the grass out (but without it being too hot) :unsure::unsure:

Is the place and date a definate? Am I safe to have a shufty online and book somewhere? :bounce:

I think in fairness to those who are making the BIG journeys :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: and doing over-nighters the rest of us have to fit around that, so if no one else has a major problem it's yes to the 7th, yes to Greenwich (pah! Mahhhkitt!!) and unless some emergency crops up in the meantime Ben and I should be there too ( :thumbs::unsure: )

Lucky you never went for Sunday 8th - that's the day the Tour De Britain comes through and a) all roads in and out of town are closed off, b ) Ben and I will be busy launching our bummel-bag bombs! (See 'ashamed' thread in off topic for more info)

On the downside, Sat-de is gonna be more busier like than wot a Sun-de would be, ennit??

Lawks-a-mercy, missus Miggins, chuk annuver jellied eel on me plate and bung us a nice cup o splosh, awwight Tweakle!! ;)

L&P

Pete Beale :D

(Apart from the fact that unique individual is a tautology ) Did you see the programme last night discussing the etymology of 'normal' and suggesting a new definition?

OH is a Linguist and a Philologist, and a book editor...

A pity he doesn't do social!

Last night was daughter's 16th birthday, didn't see any TV.

As my birthday was on Sunday, I am even rounder now, due to excessive consumption of cake x 2.

Many exceptional people are born in May!

Greenwich on the 7th then. I'll be bringing 9 year old son. Depending on the weather and time we might take the boat from London - otherwise we'll go on the Docklands Railway.

K x