bikergal

I have my diagnosis

I have received my report today after going for private assessment. I am an Aspie! I haven't really seriously considered this eventuality though it doesn't surprise me. I am feeling a little bewildered and I think it's going to take a while before it sinks in. Just hoping for some advice really. At least dd1 (13, ASD) will be in good company. It leaves me thinking that dd2 (12,NT) must find living with us rather difficult at times. :blink:

:clap: but >:D<<'> too!

I think you will probably need to be quite gentle with yourself, especially if it has come as a bit of a shock. I expect you will go through a whole range of emotions, all of which will be completely normal!

Bid :D

Edited by bid

I expect you will go through a whole range of emotions, all of which will be completely normal!

Bid :D

Is that 'neurotypical' normal or 'Aspie' normal?? :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, BG - I think you will find yourself looking back over your life and seeing a lot of things make a bit more sense. I'm sure there will be a mixed bag of emotional 'shocks' - good and not so good - and then you'll just settle in to being the new you, which VERY IMPORTANTLY is the same you as the old you but with a bit more self awareness! That last will be a big plus, I'm sure >:D<<'>

L&P,

BD :D

I think you will find yourself looking back over your life and seeing a lot of things make a bit more sense.

Including all the things that you used to beat yourself up over, and wail 'I don't know why I feel like this!'

And the things you can see and understand that other people around you aren't aware of.

You are still the same mum, and we're all difficult to live with!

I have received my report today after going for private assessment. I am an Aspie!

Congratulations!

Does this mean I'll have to fork out for another forum autobiography?!

Take it easy, hon, there will no doubt be a period of adjustment while you get used to it being official.

Karen

x

I was really happy to have it confirmed, and relieved. But you are not me, so you will feel different. There's no 'right' way to handle the news. You just have to give yourself time to think it all through and let it sink in.

I think that your NT daughter might find it difficult to relate to you and your other daughter sometimes. Maybe you have to work a little bit harder to help her get the social interaction she needs. Does she go to any clubs or meet with friends over the weekends? You could always ask her if there is anything she feels she is missing out on. When you know, then you can look for solutions.

T x

Bikergal,

So pleased to hear you have got some answers, I expect this will be a time of much thought & adjustment. You are a great Mum and I am sure your daughter (NT) would not have you any other way. :wub:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x

Aaw, thanks. KarenT there's not a book in me at the moment so no worries there! Least not in the immediate future :whistle: Yes, I think there's definitely a long period of adjustment ahead