Greenman

AS Support Groups in West London &Middlesex?

Does anyone know of any Asperger's Support Groups in West London and Middlesex? As I am have a problem finding any.

Andy

Greenman

There's one that meets in Highbury. Isn't exactly West London, but maybe you can get there? It's called Autism London, London Autism, something like that.

You could try contacting the Harrow branch of the National Autistic Society. They have been very helpful for me as we are moving into the area with newly diagnosed son with ASD.

Their contact details are on the NAS site.

HTH

Shamu

;)

I recently compiled a directory of Asperger and ASD support groups and was surprised that I couldn't find any groups in London. There is a group in Berkshire.

http://asperger.dissidentcongress.com/index.html

i think canopus directory is such a good idea :thumbs: i find support groups such a big help and ive found out so much from going to them

In the Good practice guide I found the following:-

Resources for Autism (North London) - Only tel number quoted was 0208 458 3259.

And Snap Norh Barnet - 0208 404 9077

www.aspergerfoundation.org.uk/infosheets/ascguide4.pdf -

See Good Practice Guide

Hope this helps.

I recently joined this one

Hillingdon Autistic Care And Support (HACS)

Hillingdon Manor School, Moorcroft Complex, Harlington Road, Hillingdon, Middlesex, UB8 3HD

Mrs Anna Kennedy

Telephone 020 8561 6039

Lynne x

Lynden

is that an autistic school by any chance? I was told that there was one opening in Hayes, indenpendant of the LEA, and don't know if it happened or not.

I recently joined this one

Hillingdon Autistic Care And Support (HACS)

Hillingdon Manor School, Moorcroft Complex, Harlington Road, Hillingdon, Middlesex, UB8 3HD

Mrs Anna Kennedy

Telephone 020 8561 6039

Lynne x

Thanks lynne,

For the message, I will check out (HACS) As for Hillingdon Manor School. We firmly believe it is important that our son stays in a main stream high school. Apart for one or two minor head aches he is doing quite well.

Thanks again

Andy

Greenman

Lynden

is that an autistic school by any chance? I was told that there was one opening in Hayes, indenpendant of the LEA, and don't know if it happened or not.

Hillingdon Manor is, yes, but the group is run by parents - was started by a parent whose child goes to Hillingdon Manor. Their offices are actually based elsewhere now but if you ring that number they give you the proper number to call. The meetings etc are held in the school though I think.

Lynne

Hi Greenman,

I run two groups in High Wycombe and Aylesbury, also two youth clubs. www.autismbucks.co.uk

:thumbs:

Hi spectrumlady,

Thanks for the posting, how often do your groups meet? You are fairly close to us here in Ealing. Just a 20 minute run up the A40. I like High Wycombe, we often go to shows at the Swan! Are you near there?

On your website you quote drama sessions, this is something that our AS son enjoys. Have you found this to be a useful tool, when working with children with AS?

Andy

Greenman

Edited by Greenman