Sign in to follow this  
littlenemo

Quiz the Education Secretary

On Thursday at 5pm there will be a 'webchat' on the No.10 website with the Education Secretary and the Prime Minister. They want to use it to sing the unverified praises of the new Academies.

But I think it would be more useful if they were made aware of the very real problems that we as parents confront on a daily basis because of LEAs' penny-pinching, lies and illegal activities. :whistle:

You can ask your very own question(s) here:

http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page11698.asp

My question was

As you are no doubt aware there has been a huge increase in children with the diagnosis of an Autistic Spectrum Disorder.What has your government done and what does it plan to do to address the CHRONIC lack of suitable educational provision for these children...

:thumbs:

Well guys 8 minutes to go what are you going to ask????????? :tearful:

Where is the interview I cant find it,(ict challenged)

I still cant get it page comes up blank and says done at the bottom

oops sorry PP I'm no techie whizz either! That said you ain't missing much!!!

Rob Yuille: The Government needs to ensure that all its education programmes fully take into account children's special educational needs. There are reports that Building Schools for the Future is not always doing this - for example, children with autism often need a calm learning environment. What are you doing to ensure that SEN is a central part of all education policy, and not seen as a separate issue?

Alan replies: I don't think you have received accurate information about BSF. It's fundamental purpose is to transform education and central to this is accommodating the needs of SEN pupils. Many newly built schools incorporate special units which provide education for children with the most severe and complex needs alongside primary and secondary schools.

This is the only thing said about SEN so far..

Edited by Deedee

This was a good question..

paul codling:

please can you state what you think your goverment has achieved for children with special educational needs and how do you see your inclusive approach working other than these vunerable young people slipping through the system un educated and uncared for

Alan replies:

Our policy is not to insist that SEN children should all be educated in mainstream schools or that they should all be confined to special schools. Neither is it true that we have a policy of closing special needs schools.

Since 1997, we have built 96 new special schools and 390 new special needs units in mainstream schools. The total spend on SEN has risen enormously and now stands at �4.5 billion - an increase of 60% since 2001-02.

The crucial point is to find the right provision for every child. Many parents see special needs units in mainstream schools as the best solution and indeed OFSTED last year found such units were achieving the best results. Other parents pursue alternative options for their child. It's important that they have genuine choice and that is what we are seeking to provide.

He's having a laugh :jester:

If there are all these extra places out there though how come there are so many kids without adequate provision still????

hi

i had many more questions i would of asked but it did say it was moderated ?

his answer was predictable i suppose poloticians are all numbers and figures and are nowhere near the reality of the situation . they live their lives funded by us and send their children to private schools they are not effected by reality they should try and live in our world and see if there still as smug faced then ?

bye for now paul