Sign in to follow this  
hedders

Filming playskills

The pead will be filming my dd playskills next week this will be the first assessment the pead has done then the pead wants a full background history and then hopefully an Autism assessment.

So just wondering if anyone has had this done and any info on this, what would they be observing

The pead has told me that she will be filmed for 45mins.

Ive come across something about this on the internet but not in detail just says it is a very structured play session.

Edited by hedders

He could be doing it so he can return to the film for reference. I would check this, as it maybe he wants to use it for teaching. Whatever he wants it for, you have to give permission for your child to be filmed. Best to discuss it beforehand with the paed.

We have never been filmed for assesments, but have been asked too for them to use as a teaching aid. It depends on how comfortable you and your child would be with it.

Keep smilin

Elly

When my DD was being assessed for ASD she was also filmed when it came to looking at her play skills,they filmed her with quite a few differant toys and also with me to see how she was interacting,the SALT did the filming but it was so that professioals involved with the assesment could all watch it and help with their decision!!

By the way ,i meant to say its so they can look at developmental skills,at the time DD was3yrs 1mth but her play skills were put at 18mths,she had another test at her special needs nursery a week before her 4th birthday and she's now at the level of 23mths so in a yr shes improved by 5mths which isn't too bad i suppose!!

yes my son had filming for one and half hours with 3 different therapists and whilst he did loads of "play" test, they used the video for training and also so all the proffesionals could rewatch after and discuss ...it was fine ..but my son found the tests stressfull as they repeatedly tried to bring him into their world and he did his best to keep everyone in his.....but that was the point