Sign in to follow this  
gladysmay

under pressure

I feel so useless now, having felt so great about my son's progress it is his sister that is failing, the college has informed me they expect her to fail, she has an offer for a university place and is so looking forward to it. the years have been stressful to say the least, and I am all too aware of just how much the sibs, all three of them have been neglected with the relentless struggle to obtain diagnosis and support.

of course, I have done my best and realise they have not complained though they had enough to complain about. my daughter had a setback with an injury and missed afew weeks and has fallen behind but overall has also struggled to find her identity and gain recognition for herself. if she fails this course it will be a real setback for her, they think she is awkward and lazy, I know she wants this so why is it all falling apart.

Oh Gladysmay,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

There's only a certain amount we can do as parents: don't blame yourself.

Whether or not the college predictions come true (and I hope they dont!) I hope that your daughter comes through this difficult time and achieves what she wants to do.

K x

thanks for that Kathryn, I just hope we can work something out, if she had to do another year I dont know how I could fund it and I know she just wants to get away to a new environment.

everything seems to be so fragile, its takes so much effort to keep it all in place. well fingers crossed xx

I have tried to explain to college that I am pulled in several directions and how complex the difficulties have been (without sounding pathetic or blaming) but in reality having struggled for so long and all the fallout, lives turned upside down, ###### jobs, no money blah blah, anyway, I had a disappointing response suggesting some lack of 'parental support' that the tutor is doing all the supporting!?! this means nagging and suggesting some things are 'made up' - really I could cry because the lack of any realisitic understanding of just how fragile it all is, being mentally and emotionally exhausted, well its just far too simplistic to say, oh well, then change this, do this, do that, I cant see things getting any better, the tutor has a certain view and thats that, I dont care about their view, should have gotten used to the brick wall by now.

It has been one hellish day. I dont know what else I could have done, the sibs do have their own stuff, guilt, anger and so on, as I have mine, we are only human, we do the best we can, well one thing for sure we wont be giiving up!