Minx

Hi

I feel very alone. I have two autisitic children one 6 and one 12. I do not work, as I had to give my job up and spend lots of time at home. I never go out at night, because it is impossible to get a babysitter. I do have a supportive husband, but things do get me down.

Love to chat to anyone.

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

Warm welcome to the forum >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I think the feelings of isolation can be overwhelming at times.......your not alone though, and I've found this forum to be wonderful....take care x

Hi Mandy,

Warm welcome to the forum >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I think the feelings of isolation can be overwhelming at times.......your not alone though, and I've found this forum to be wonderful....take care x

Thanks for replying.

Mandy

hi

welcome to the forum hope you can enjoy the great advice or just a chat it is a tough isolating life we lead with little help so here can come anytime and no one will judge you just undestand and try and help and support you

bye for now paul

hi

welcome to the forum hope you can enjoy the great advice or just a chat it is a tough isolating life we lead with little help so here can come anytime and no one will judge you just undestand and try and help and support you

bye for now paul

Thanks for chatting.

It is nice to know there are others out there who think the same.

mandy

Hi Mandy

welcome >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi

Thanks

Mandy

hello mand!! well you def not alone now >:D<<'> >:D<<'> you will find this forum very addictive,housework goes to pot,you wont have time to feel lonely,i find theres not enough hours in the day to go on here!!lookin foward to getting to know you more love hev xx

Hi Minx,

I've also got 2 auti kids, age 6 and 12. My daughter is the 6 y/o, she is autistic, SLD's, partially sighted, cerebral palsy, SAD and ADHD. M'boy is the 12 y/o, he is auti, ADHD, dyspraxia. I'm married to Ian, who is 41 and AS/ADD and has just found out that his daughter to his first marriage is pregnant (17 eek!) and therefore is the butt of many *granddad* jokes!

I know what you mean about babysitters, its not easy is it? You I am sure if someone came up with a Special Needs babysitting service, then it would take off big time. Hmmm maybe a business opportunity there...................... ;-)

Sarah

Hello and welcome.

You are not alone and just post away on the forum and there will be someone there to help you.

Take care

Forbsay

xx

Hi and welcome :D I feel very alone atm so cyber chats very welcome! I've just been dx'd with Asperger's and I have 2 daughters, oldest is 13 ASD, youngest 12 NT. I'm a single parent with very little support and I'm very aware of how things can get you down. Feel free to pm me. I also had to give up my p/t job to fight for my daughter through a particularly bad time. I'm never too busy to chat! Like Hev says, this site is addictive.

Hi, welcome to the forum, its such a great place to come and get support and advice and just to have a good old chin wag!!

Theres always someone here who understands, xx

Hi minx its "marge" from carers again.

Glad to see you've taken the plunge.

Everyone is lovely here, you'll soon feel less alone

xx

Hi welcome. I'm the parent to son asd,adhd, dyspraxia and daughter aspergers. Hubbie is asd IMO as am I ! Life but not as we know it!

Hi Minx,

I've also got 2 auti kids, age 6 and 12. My daughter is the 6 y/o, she is autistic, SLD's, partially sighted, cerebral palsy, SAD and ADHD. M'boy is the 12 y/o, he is auti, ADHD, dyspraxia. I'm married to Ian, who is 41 and AS/ADD and has just found out that his daughter to his first marriage is pregnant (17 eek!) and therefore is the butt of many *granddad* jokes!

I know what you mean about babysitters, its not easy is it? You I am sure if someone came up with a Special Needs babysitting service, then it would take off big time. Hmmm maybe a business opportunity there...................... ;-)

Sarah

HI

Thanks for replying. Have you heard the good news about every child matters compaign today. The governement have at last listened and offered some funding.

Mandy

Hi and welcome :D I feel very alone atm so cyber chats very welcome! I've just been dx'd with Asperger's and I have 2 daughters, oldest is 13 ASD, youngest 12 NT. I'm a single parent with very little support and I'm very aware of how things can get you down. Feel free to pm me. I also had to give up my p/t job to fight for my daughter through a particularly bad time. I'm never too busy to chat! Like Hev says, this site is addictive.

Thanks

It is great to chat with you.

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of support and understanding here. I also had to give up my job to help my son go through a very critical time. The older he gets the more he needs me. I'm a lone parent so I know how lonely it can get at times.

Keep posting ! :)

Curra XX

hello mandy

iv not long been on the site either never even had a clue about computors until recently and its true you do get addicted' iv been off line for a few days prob with comp and it drove me mad!!!!!! :wallbash:

Your get lots of helpfull advice here and your realize your not alone'like you im a single mum

welcome >:D<<'>

HI

Thanks for replying. Have you heard the good news about every child matters compaign today. The governement have at last listened and offered some funding.

Mandy

Sorry, but this is very cynical of me but ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will beleive it when i see it for myself. �340m over 3 years is a drop in the ocean, beleive me. I was involved in AIM several years ago now, with another member here, goes by the name of Oracle if she is still around. Anyway we did the whole thing, campaign, petition, publicity, early day motion in parliament, the whole capoodle. 6 years on, b*gger all has change, only for the worse.

6 years ago we were told that the national autism plan for children would mean we were entitled to 4 weeks respite a year. I am still waiting for mine....

Not holding my breath.

I'll be quite honest with this. Dont hold out for the governemnt to help you. They wont, simple as that. If it wasnt for groups and online support such as this, I would have been in the psych unit years ago.

Sarah

hi mandy,

im donna and i have been on this site 4 a while it has deffinetly helped me through the bad times and the good. they r such a gr8 bunch of people on here and i dont know wat id have done at times without them. i have 2 children reece is 6 and has autism and behaviuoral probs and my daughter is nt. hope u r doing ok and speak 2 u soon love donnaxx >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hello Mandy,

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you'll love it here, everyone is so lovely and its the best place on the net to be !

Many of us can truly empthiase with how you are feeling having children with SN can be very lonely and isolating, you find lots of support and encouragement here, this forum has helped me through many a bad time and I have only been a member since Feb 07 !!!!

Take care and I look forward to chatting real soon

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x

Hi Mandy, welcome home. >:D<<'>

I feel very isolated too. I can't work because my lad is still part-time at school and I spend 2.5 hours a day driving him back and forth and I spend the rest of the day alone without saying a word to a soul. I don't have any friends or family to help either. My hub is great, but we don't really talk about the A word much because we're busy living it and we know we both understand without having to sit and discuss it, which means that I don't have anyone to talk to about 'J' stuff and all the worries that go with it, so coming on here and sharing with people who really understand is invaluable.

I'm sure you'll find it really useful as well. :)

~ Mel ~

hello mandy

iv not long been on the site either never even had a clue about computors until recently and its true you do get addicted' iv been off line for a few days prob with comp and it drove me mad!!!!!! :wallbash:

Your get lots of helpfull advice here and your realize your not alone'like you im a single mum

welcome >:D<<'>

it didnt drive me mad love,i was gutted when you got back online :lol::lol::lol: (suzie-girl that is mandy,not you!!)

Hi Mandy!!I know how you feel too,i'm mum to 4 girls(older 3 from previous marriage)Youngest DD's dad left a week before she was diagnosed with Autism,he sees her twice a week for 1/2 hr to 1hour each time if shes lucky,i don't really see anyone in the week except my dad so it can be really lonely as DD's at nursery 4 half days a wk and starting at full time in sept(nursery is at special needs school where shes going sept)pm me if you ever want a chat,i (and most mums on here)know how lonely it can be,your not on your own!!! :wub:

HI Mandy,

just wanted to say welcome to the site. >:D<<'>

I have two children one nt one not and I find thathard enough, lol

A boyfriend who's supportive but not always consistently

Feel free to chat anytime, they are a good bunch on here >:D<<'>

Hi Mandy!!I know how you feel too,i'm mum to 4 girls(older 3 from previous marriage)Youngest DD's dad left a week before she was diagnosed with Autism,he sees her twice a week for 1/2 hr to 1hour each time if shes lucky,i don't really see anyone in the week except my dad so it can be really lonely as DD's at nursery 4 half days a wk and starting at full time in sept(nursery is at special needs school where shes going sept)pm me if you ever want a chat,i (and most mums on here)know how lonely it can be,your not on your own!!! :wub:

Hi

Great to hear from you. Feel free to chat again. I know how things can be difficult and feeling alone.

Mandy