oxgirl

Am I just jealous??!!

I think that the only reason why my parenting skills don't get blamed more often, is that I have a perfectly normal older child.

I keep reading this thread and getting upset as well. It made me realise that the isolation that I have isn't just within my family, but with 'friends' as well. Who I can be there for to listen to their moans and groans, but if I dare say anything they make out that there is nothing the matter with him and that it is all in my mind. Trying to explain how 'theory of mind' can differentiate a child even at 6, and you catch them glazing over once you start talking about a spectrum. So then (if you are me) you give up trying. And then the only people you can find yourself talking to about the big stuff are the little people that live inside the computer. :ph34r:

Time to storm the barricades I reckon. Even if it is just those in the minds of other people.

My sister was babbling on when we were out the other night saying how she'd read an article about what good employees AS people are and that they are highly sought after - particularly by Goldman Sachs.

I'm not saying that that is an impossible scenario - great for them. Somehow, I don't think all our children will be getting a job with them - the same as not all our children will end up being Bill Gates or Einstein.

Perhaps working at Goldman Sachs isn't all it's cracked up to be...

Inside the world of London's 24/7 interns