Sign in to follow this  
soraya

sertraline

My son Nick has been prescribed sertraline, he has been on it for three weeks but have not seen much improvement with his anxiety, he is on 100mg per day. Has anyone else used this and had good results?

I have been on Sertraline and i must admit it didn't do much for me either, I've been through 5 different meds and it's just a case of finding a one that works and that doesn't have nasty side effects.

Hi Soraya,

My daughter was on sertraline for a few months. It didn't have any noticeable effect on her anxiety, and she developed a skin rash which may have been linked to it, although we couldn't prove this. She was convinced the drug was causing it and refused to carry on taking it. She went on to another antidepressant: amytripteline, which suited her a bit better.

K x

My son takes Luvox for Anxiety and no side effects he was agrophobic without it.

Perhaps you could ask the doctor about this medication.

Its hard giving advice for meds as each childs makeup and chemistry is so different, that what works for one doesnt necessarily work with another. Best keep close contact with the doctor until you get it right.

F x :(:)

Edited by Frangipani

Hi Soraya,

My daughter was on sertraline for a few months. It didn't have any noticeable effect on her anxiety, and she developed a skin rash which may have been linked to it, although we couldn't prove this. She was convinced the drug was causing it and refused to carry on taking it. She went on to another antidepressant: amytripteline, which suited her a bit better.

K x

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for the info, we will keep going with the sertraline for a while and if there is no change i will see the doc about a different medication

My son takes Luvox for Anxiety and no side effects he was agrophobic without it.

Perhaps you could ask the doctor about this medication.

Its hard giving advice for meds as each childs makeup and chemistry is so different, that what works for one doesnt necessarily work with another. Best keep close contact with the doctor until you get it right.

F x :(:)

We are going to docs next week, will see what she says. Its such a minefield this medication, so many different ones, i just wish Nick didnt have to take anything but he is so anxious and obsessive at the moment we will try anything to keep sane!!!!

All the best >:D<<'> and welcome to the forum, I just noticed that you are new here.

:thumbs:>:D<<'>

F x :)

Thanks so much, it is so good to know that you are not alone, my son Nick is 13 with AS, he is very difficult, aggressive and anxious, also he is refusing school at the moment so it is 24/7 which is driving us both mad!!!!! I can relate to so many of you especially hev, her son steve sounds so much like Nick.