Sign in to follow this  
Elisa

Autism Parent Support Group London

Hello all,

I would like to set up a monthly parent support group for parents who have a child on the spectrum in various areas of London.

If you are interested then please email me at info@thinkautism.co.uk and state where you are located.

Thanks

Elisa Al Malah BSc (Hons)

RDI Program Consultant (in training)

Edited in line with forum rules & guidelines.

Edited by baddad

There are many different support groups over the London area. Most parents prefer to meet with parents within the same LEA as education and social services are the biggest concern and that way parents gain advice from parents with local experience. Whats the purpose of your group- are you a professional in the autism field? Would it be free to access?

There are many different support groups over the London area. Most parents prefer to meet with parents within the same LEA as education and social services are the biggest concern and that way parents gain advice from parents with local experience. Whats the purpose of your group- are you a professional in the autism field? Would it be free to access?

Yes I am intending on having different local groups around London for the reasons that you have said. The purpose of the group would be initially for parent support. But it will also be a place for parents to learn more about ASD and relevant matters and to exchange information with others. I am a professional in the autism field; I come from a behavioural background and am currently a Relationship Development Intervention® Program Consultant (in training). The group is open to all and in particular for those who might be interested in learning about the core deficits of autism and how to build better relationships. I am also hoping that once established we will have guest speakers on occassions.

I'm sorry but why not just contact those groups already in existence who I'm sure would welcome any (free) input that you would be willing to offer.

Thank you for your advice, having looked around there are some areas of London that do not have parent support groups up and running and I would like to fill the gap in these areas. I already do offer input (free) for existing parent support groups and would also like to run my own.

Hi Elisa/all -

while implying no comment - positive or negative - on the support groups you hope to set up it was felt that there should be some sort of clarification for members about what RDI is:

a programme of interventions offered on a commercial basis.

The forum rules and guidelines do not allow links to commercial services in posts, and as such the website information has been removed from your own.

Any member with an interest in the RDI programme is free to contact you via the PM system, and we would be happy to post a link in our resources section to any site offering general information on RDI that does not have a commercial interest.

We trust you will appreciate the reasons for this message and the edits made to comply with forum rules and guidelines.

regards

The mod/admin team

Thank you for your advice, having looked around there are some areas of London that do not have parent support groups up and running and I would like to fill the gap in these areas. I already do offer input (free) for existing parent support groups and would also like to run my own.

According to the list of support groups there aren't many in London.