Sign in to follow this  
hev

question to mods

hope i make sense :unsure: i understand we cannot name schools etc on the forum and we have the pm system for that,often i am going to write something and i stop myself,like earlier i was talking about conditioners and if someone used a good one and posted it on the forum would it have to be blocked out?or if i saw a bargain at the shops would i block that as well or does it just mean schools and names of people we block?

also if i saw a profesional who i thought was really good and wanted others to know about him(no such luck!!)why cant they be mentioned if they have done a good job,i can understand if they were being run down as they would have cause to complain,is it to do with then people might start advertising?

hope this makes sense but i was thinking about it last night so i had to ask,thanks hev

ps im not trying to be rude in any way im just curious

hope i make sense :unsure: i understand we cannot name schools etc on the forum and we have the pm system for that,often i am going to write something and i stop myself,like earlier i was talking about conditioners and if someone used a good one and posted it on the forum would it have to be blocked out?or if i saw a bargain at the shops would i block that as well or does it just mean schools and names of people we block?

also if i saw a profesional who i thought was really good and wanted others to know about him(no such luck!!)why cant they be mentioned if they have done a good job,i can understand if they were being run down as they would have cause to complain,is it to do with then people might start advertising?

hope this makes sense but i was thinking about it last night so i had to ask,thanks hev

ps im not trying to be rude in any way im just curious

Hi hev - it's a difficult one, because in a lot of instances there wouldn't actually be a problem with a 'positive' post/recommendation, but then it creates problems in other ways...

For example, say someone finds a really useful product on a site and posts a link to the stores homepage.... that is then a link to a 'commercial site' which we cannot allow on site because it can be interpreted as an advertisement or endorsement...

In the case of professionals, it can get really tricky - say someone talks about a particular professional within their local CAMHS office, and offers a glowing report while condemning the other people/services they have been referred to...... In identifying one directly you have, by association, implicated others!

Another scenario... a glowing report about a professional draws another post that says 'well we saw him/her and they were rubbish!' :tearful::lol::lol::lol:

There have been problems in the past where fairly innocuous comments or even positive reports have drawn complaints, and we live in a 'litigious' (?) society these days.

For those reasons, and others, it is far 'safer' and easier to have blanket policies about what appears on forum, and ask people to share information like that in a way that doesn't have the same possible implications....

Anything can be 'heads-upped' on forum, and the PM system used for more specific details for those who are interested...

Hope that makes some sense, and I'm not really the best person to answer this, but i was 'about' so.....

L&P

BD :D

Hmph...

In that case Hev - ignore my answer in the conditioner thread! :blink::huh::wacko:

:P:lol:

i told you last week smiley,i ignore all your posts now anyway :P;)