spectrummum

ADVICE ,FRIENDSHIP AND SUPPORT

Hi all -

spectrummum (shell) has started a new, independent website offering a range of information, support and advice on all things AS related. There are also online live-chat options available.

To access the website you will need to be a registered MSN Groups user, or to sign up to MSN Groups. Current MSN users would just need to enter their usual details, others are offered a registration option on accessing the forum.

Further details can be found in the posts below, together with links to the webpage.

L&P

BD (on behalf of mod/admin team)

HI

I HAVE A NEW SUPPORT GROUP FOR PARENTS AND CARERS OF CHILDREN WITH ASD AND ASSOCIATED DISORDERS

ALL ARE WELCOME I WOULD BE ONLY TO HAPPY TO HELP IN ANY WAY I CAN

http://groups.msn.com/AspergersAdults

Edited by baddad

Hi spectrum mum -

I've tried to look at your site a couple of times, but every time reach an MSN 'log-in' page... do you have to be a member of something else (messenger service or something?) to be able to access the group?

Hope you don't mind me asking, but if it's not a commercial site is it OK for us to post a single "pinned" link in the 'resources' section? You have posted 10 times in four different threads on the same topic, and generally we would merge identical posts or delete the duplicates.

As I can't access the site I'd appreciate some assurance that it is a non-commercial, non-profit site, as the forum rules/guidelines don't allow such links.

As a "pinned" topic in resources the link would always stay at the top of that section.

L&P

BD (on behalf of the mod/admin team)

HI

I HAVE A NEW SUPPORT GROUP FOR PARENTS AND CARERS OF CHILDREN WITH ASD AND ASSOCIATED DISORDERS

ALL ARE WELCOME I WOULD BE ONLY TO HAPPY TO HELP IN ANY WAY I CAN

http://groups.msn.com/autismaspergersinthefamily

we are just an msn group the link should be fine yes you do have to join but no rules to say you have to stay you can cancel membership at any time

please if you would like to try again you should be able to see i just want to help i am a mum of 6 four on the spectrum we have 51 memebers from all over the worlld

i do not sell or get payment i am just for help adviice and a good old natter

no catches no plotting just support

love shell

we are just an msn group the link should be fine yes you do have to join but no rules to say you have to stay you can cancel membership at any time

please if you would like to try again you should be able to see i just want to help i am a mum of 6 four on the spectrum we have 51 memebers from all over the worlld

love shell

Hi shell - no tried tthe new link and get the same thing a log in dialogue for 'MSN Groups' asking for my e-mail and password... I haven't got a password 'cos I'm not a member of MSN groups(?)

If that's ok with you then, I'll post the single link in resources (but tomorrow, if that's ok as i'm WAyyyyyyyyyyyy behind at home already tonight!).. is this a 'chatroom' thing (mics and stuff?) If you want to PM me details of eactly what's available I'll get as much info into the pinned link as poss... Sorry if I'm being really dim re MSN and stuff... I'm pretty basic internet - just here and outlook express really!

L&P

BD :D

love shell

IT SHOULD JUST TAKE YOU TO THE WELCOME PAGE I WILL TRY ANOTHER LINK

YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO PUT YOUR LINK ON I WILL MAKE A BANNER AND PUT IT ON OUR BANNER EXCHANGE ,THAT WAY PEOPLE WILL CLICK THE PICTURE AND BE BROUGHT STRAIGHT TO YOUR GROUP.THIS LINK SHOULD TAKE YOU TO THE WELCOME PAGE WITHOUT PASSWORDS I DONT KNOW WHY IT SAYS THAT WHEN I CLICK THE LINK IT TAKES ME STRAIGHT THERE LOVE SHELL

http://groups.msn.com/autismaspergersinthe...urwebpage1.msnw

love shell

CHAT IS OPEN ALL THE TIME WE HAVE OUR OWN ON THE GROUP WE HAVE A GROUP CHAT ECAH THURSDAY AT 9 OCLOCK AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO GO IN AT OTHER TIMES WE JUST LEAVE A MESSAGE ON GENERAL AND SEE WHO IS ABOUT WE DONT JUST TALK AUTISM WE TALK ABOUT ANYHTING FOOD,WEATHER,FAV DRINK ANYTHING ABOVE ALL WE HAVE A GOOD LAUGH IM SORRY THE LINK WONT WORK BUT IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE YOUR LINK IT WOULDBE MY PLEASURE TO PUT IT ON MY GROUP

LOVE SHELL

THIS IS THE LIST OF THINGS THAT ARE ON MY SITE

welcome

Edit This Page

SHELL'S PROFILE

please welcome

hi/introduction

Pictures

Documents

GROUP VOTE

CHAT TIMES

chat room

Links

asd introduction

THE TRIAD

AUTISM

ASPERGERS

aspergers

HFA

PDD/NOS criteria

other disorders

which disorder

MEDICATIONS

behaviours

obsessions

sleeping

self help skills

TOILET TRAINING

eating

interventions

achievements

schools

funnies

poems/qoutes

birthdays

venting room

games

PAMPERED MEMBER

things we like

banner exchange

Our Linked Group Banner

benefits

Our Mailboxes

SNAGS AND TAGS

OUR SISTER SITE

ARMED FORCES

SpectrumMum,

These links will all take you to a sign-in/members only page as Baddad has found, because all such groups require membership approval/recognition (unless you set it otherwise - I'm not sure of this way around - it can be done with yahoo groups, but I'm not sure how). Without this protection, these groups would be open to abuse and there would be no control over what information was shared where - and given the sensitive nature of such a support group this would be unwise. I'm a member of a similar sized group for my research - we've intentionally made it as yours is - access to members only - to protect our intellectual property rights and ensure confidentiality.

When you click on the links you've posted, you'll get through because your computer will 'recognise' you. I would suggest that if you want to do something with free access (although bearing in mind some of the things above) you set up a stand alone website rather than a group.

Mumble :)

THIS IS THE LIST OF THINGS THAT ARE ON MY SITE

welcome

Edit This Page

SHELL'S PROFILE

please welcome

hi/introduction

Pictures

Documents

GROUP VOTE

CHAT TIMES

chat room

Links

asd introduction

THE TRIAD

AUTISM

ASPERGERS

aspergers

HFA

PDD/NOS criteria

other disorders

which disorder

MEDICATIONS

behaviours

obsessions

sleeping

self help skills

TOILET TRAINING

eating

interventions

achievements

schools

funnies

poems/qoutes

birthdays

venting room

games

PAMPERED MEMBER

things we like

banner exchange

Our Linked Group Banner

benefits

Our Mailboxes

SNAGS AND TAGS

OUR SISTER SITE

ARMED FORCES

I AM SECOND ON THE SEARCH IN MSN GROUPS UNDER HEALTH/DISABILITY

THIS LINK SHOULD WORK FOR ANYONE NO MATTER IF THEY ARE MEMEBERS OR NOT

I JST WANTES TO HELP IS ALL DONT WORRY IF ANYONE CAN GET IN THEY ARE WELCOME IF NOT I AM SORRY,WE HAVE 51 MEMEBRS AND I WOULD NOT LIKE TO MOVE MY GROUP ,AND OPEN A WEBPAGE.OUR GROUP IS VERY INFORMAL AND WE HAVE GAMES AND THINGS ON AND THE MAJORATY OF MY MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO GO INTO MSN.

YOUR WELCOME TO COME IF YOU CAN I WIILL STILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO MAKE YOU GROUP BAMNNER WITH THIS GROUPS LINK ON AND PUT IT MY BANNER EXCHANGE WHEN PEOPLE CLICK THE PICTURE THEY WILL COME STRAIGHT TO YOU

LOVE SHELL

I AM SECOND ON THE SEARCH IN MSN GROUPS UNDER HEALTH/DISABILITY

THIS LINK SHOULD WORK FOR ANYONE NO MATTER IF THEY ARE MEMEBERS OR NOT

I JST WANTES TO HELP IS ALL DONT WORRY IF ANYONE CAN GET IN THEY ARE WELCOME IF NOT I AM SORRY,WE HAVE 51 MEMEBRS AND I WOULD NOT LIKE TO MOVE MY GROUP ,AND OPEN A WEBPAGE.OUR GROUP IS VERY INFORMAL AND WE HAVE GAMES AND THINGS ON AND THE MAJORATY OF MY MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO GO INTO MSN.

YOUR WELCOME TO COME IF YOU CAN I WIILL STILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO MAKE YOU GROUP BAMNNER WITH THIS GROUPS LINK ON AND PUT IT MY BANNER EXCHANGE WHEN PEOPLE CLICK THE PICTURE THEY WILL COME STRAIGHT TO YOU

LOVE SHELL

I HAVE MADE THE GROUP PUBLIC SO YOU CAN SEE IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW HAS SOON HAS YOU HAVE SEEN IT THEN I CAN LOCK IT AGAIN

Hi Shell -

I've had a look at the site now - you've certainly been busy! :notworthy: - and will get the link posted in resources later today...

I'll explain the MSN Groups thing (thankyou Mumble for clearing that up!! :thumbs: ) so people know what to expect re-logging in etc... as mumble says, once they've done that once the cookies from your site should remember them from then on - just like here. I think it's a good idea to keep it locked for MSN Group members, rather than having 'open access' - our member validation system does a similar thing, though site rather than netgroup specific.

Very best with it - and i'll move and pin the topic soon :)

L&P

Hi Shell -

I've had a look at the site now - you've certainly been busy! :notworthy: - and will get the link posted in resources later today...

I'll explain the MSN Groups thing (thankyou Mumble for clearing that up!! :thumbs: ) so people know what to expect re-logging in etc... as mumble says, once they've done that once the cookies from your site should remember them from then on - just like here. I think it's a good idea to keep it locked for MSN Group members, rather than having 'open access' - our member validation system does a similar thing, though site rather than netgroup specific.

Very best with it - and i'll move and pin the topic soon :)

L&P

THANKYOU I WILL DO THE SAME

LOVE SHELL