Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Members Online

Is there a reason we've lost the status bar that says who is currently online and who has been online today? The 'Users active in the last 60 minutes' seems less useful because it doesn't say who is actually online at a particular time.

Mumble :)

Hi guys,

Unfortunately we lost this functionality in the last forum software upgrade. If we get a chance then it may come back, keep em peeled :)

Kris

Hi guys,

Unfortunately we lost this functionality in the last forum software upgrade. If we get a chance then it may come back, keep em peeled :)

Kris

Has the software just been upgraded then? This seems only to have been lost since Thursday - I moved then so I thought I had just done something dodgy in setting up my internet again but as everything else worked the same as before, I decided it must be the site?

Mumble :)

Yep, the software gets upgraded whenever security patches come out. Sometimes the patch just remove a portion of the site that is vulnerable until such time as the developers issue a permanent fix for that component only.

It's unfortunate but necessary I'm afraid. Could have been worse though, it could have been the PM system that was shutdown :)

Kris

Yippee!! It's back!!

Thank you! :)

Ok, now I'm confused - It's gone again. . .

Was I seeing things when I thought it came back? :hypno: - I'm quite sure it's just water in my glass.

Hi Mumble

I have just finished installing the modification and you will now see it at the bottom of the page along with the list of users who have been online today.

At present I am unable to put the users online in the last 60 minutes at the top and the users online today at the bottom of the screen.

Regards

Lufty

Ok, now I'm confused - It's gone again. . .

Was I seeing things when I thought it came back? :hypno: - I'm quite sure it's just water in my glass.

Thanks for getting it back, lufty :thumbs:

Hopefully see '60mins' migrating north again with the next software bug-fix, but small 'tatas compared to not having it at all!

L&P

BD :D

Hi Mumble

I have just finished installing the modification and you will now see it at the bottom of the page along with the list of users who have been online today.

At present I am unable to put the users online in the last 60 minutes at the top and the users online today at the bottom of the screen.

Regards

Lufty

Thanks Lufty,

Am I mistaken though, or did the bit at the top used to show who was actually online at that particular time (rather than the last 60 minutes)? That was much more helpful because you could understand why someone didn't reply, rather than having to wonder if you have annoyed them so they are ignoring you.

Mumble the confused :unsure:

Thanks Lufty,

Am I mistaken though, or did the bit at the top used to show who was actually online at that particular time (rather than the last 60 minutes)? That was much more helpful because you could understand why someone didn't reply, rather than having to wonder if you have annoyed them so they are ignoring you.

Mumble the confused :unsure:

Hi mumble :D

It's always been 'users active in last sixty minutes', so has never been entirely 'reliable' IYKWIM - perhaps you've just been lucky when posting and people have still been about?

If you hover under the name it'll show you a 'time' they last did something, which can be helpful in determining if they are 'actively' online or have 'just left the building'... also, i think those at the front of the list are 'recently active' and as they log off they move down the list until they drop off the end after an hour (wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :D )

Hope that helps(?)

L&P

Hi mumble :D

It's always been 'users active in last sixty minutes', so has never been entirely 'reliable' IYKWIM - perhaps you've just been lucky when posting and people have still been about?

If you hover under the name it'll show you a 'time' they last did something, which can be helpful in determining if they are 'actively' online or have 'just left the building'... also, i think those at the front of the list are 'recently active' and as they log off they move down the list until they drop off the end after an hour (wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :D )

Hope that helps(?)

L&P

Hhmmmmmm, so why did people disappear and re-appear (sounds a bit Paul Daniels!!)?

Ooops, just saw the time - I think I should have 'dropped off' a while ago!!

Confusaled Mumble :D:wacko: