Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

Has your council responded to NAS questionnaire on autism provision?

I've just had an email alerting me to this current NAS campaign. In January the NAS sent a questionnaire to all local authorities about their autism provision. They've had fewer than 40 responses out of 149 councils - pathetic isn't it?! :wacko:

You can check here if your council is one of the non respondants and follow the link to send them a letter via email, or print off to post. It won't take a moment if you send it as it is, but you can personalise it with your own experiences if you want to.

The NAS are trying to build up a picture of ASD provision across the country. Then what? Who knows? Perhaps someone might actually do something. We live in hope! :ph34r:

Please note this survey is directed at councils in England only.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

I've just had an email alerting me to this current NAS campaign. In January the NAS sent a questionnaire to all local authorities about their autism provision. They've had fewer than 40 responses out of 149 councils - pathetic isn't it?! :wacko:

You can check here if your council is one of the non respondants and follow the link to send them a letter via email, or print off to post. It won't take a moment if you send it as it is, but you can personalise it with your own experiences if you want to.

The NAS are trying to build up a picture of ASD provision across the country. Then what? Who knows? Perhaps someone might actually do something. We live in hope! :ph34r:

K x

Wow couldnt believe it my council IS one of those who have replied, im shocked.But yes it is pathetic 40 out of 149, terrible.

Hmmmm,

Just filled in form, and when it came to the drop list of the local councils, Torfaen is not added at all, so maybe they wasn't one of the councils chosen for the questionaire.

Will be happy to know how I can deal with this, as I cannot continue any further with the form.

Thank you so much.

Cheers Di (Torfaen S Wales UK)

xx :thumbs:

Hi Di

Just gone back to look and realised there aren't any Welsh councils listed at all - so this particular questionnaire is just for England councils - I hadn't realised that, sorry! I'll edit my post above to make that clear.

Each country seems to be running separate SEN campaigns and doing different things Here's a link to what's going on in Wales.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Hi Di

Just gone back to look and realised there aren't any Welsh councilslisted at all - so this particular questionnaire is just for England councils - I hadn't realised that, sorry! I'll edit my post above to make that clear.

Each country seems to be running separate SEN campaigns and doing different things Here's a link to what's going on in Wales.

K x

Hi Kathryn.

Thats no problem cheers, don't worry, and thank you so much for the Wales link much appreciated.

Di xx :thumbs:

Unsurprisingly mine hasn't either! :angry:

Annoyingly, if pushed I'm fairly sure their answer would be "We are currently in the process of a units and designations review, and until those details are finalised..."

So I'll answer for them:

Current provision - Poor

Anticipated outcome of U&D Review - Poor

Not much use to the NAS, but pretty much the truth, sadly

L&P

BD :D

Mine has replied and I'm really surprised :o . Mind you, having received many letters from them there's normally a difference between what they say and what actually happens :angry: .

Annie

xx

Mine has replied and I'm really surprised :o . Mind you, having received many letters from them there's normally a difference between what they say and what actually happens :angry: .

Annie

xx

Hun they only replied after I argued with the head of education there and even had to get the MP nvolved as he tried to say he had definately replied and that the NAS must have "lost" their response, I spoke to the NAS who told me it was total nonsense (shock eh? lol)

Hi PinkSapphire :D ,

Our Head of Education :wallbash: . I had to involve our MP a few times too.

I wonder if anywhere in our LEA's reply it says...............'parents cannot access anything without involving their MP' ..........I doubt it :wallbash: .

Annie

xx

Ditto - I've sent off mine.

Lizzie x

Hi

Staffordshire was not on the list, so I have sent mine off.

Mandy

well when i filled the form, in the sent it ,it just said there was no one for me to contact !! what the hell does that mean or is it exactly as i thought its that bad in my area no really gives a damn :o

Edited by shadow cat

well when i filled the form, in the sent it ,it just said there was no one for me to contact !! what the hell does that mean or is it exactly as i thought its that bad in my area no really gives a damn :o

If the contact details don't automatically come up, I think it's because they done have an email address for the appropriate councillor. Probably best to send it to the Director of Education/Children's Services - look up the details on the council website. You can print out and post it if you want to.

K x

Mine actually replied very early - trouble is I don't recognise the provision they say they provide ... :whistle:

But I couldn't see them on the recent email list I received about this, and aren't us three in the same area ?

Am confused, what's new :wacko:

w.

It's definitely on the NAS website ... http://www.autism.org.uk/[name of our town]

ie stick the name of our town in the bit above [name of our town] to see it ... or EASIER go to the NAS website and stick the name of our town in the search box - follow the first link ...