V1971

OMG OMG!!

OMG!!!!

I just received the draft statement and it says that our Local Authority will provide 35 hours (!!) from a Teaching Assistant for my son who starts Reception in September. I am over the moon, I want to cry!

I need to sit down and go through the details etc. (wish me luck on that) but I am so glad he will have full-time 1:1 support! I am one happy Mommy! :clap:

Edited by V1971

Wow! :thumbs: Is that 1 to 1 support?

Brilliant news - and good luck with picking through the details. :)

K x

I am so pleased for you and your son! It is good fun sharing your good news! Brilliant, fantastic and wonderful!

Have a good old celebration!

ddh

Congratulations and well done!

:notworthy::notworthy:

I remember when we got J's first statement (also for full-time 1:1). It was a huge relief.

The only cautionary note I will sound is that there were some things in the statement that needed tightening up, and that may well be the case for you, so donl;t make the common mistake of being so releived to have a statement that you sign it and send it back without reading it properly!

For example you need to make sure that you are getting a dedicated 1:1 for 35 hours not the services of a TA who may have other children to look after, and go through with a fine tooth comb replacing all the wooly statements like 'wherever possible', 'if appropriate', 'should' and 'will aim to' with definitive statements like 'The school will'.

and enjoy the summer!

Simon

I got our draft statement today, also for full time 1:1 - great feeling isn't it! :)

Fab outcome.... hope it is still as good after you've had time to read it in detail! I'm two weeks behind you in the stat assessment process....the waiting is awful isn't it?

You've done really well, hope you are happy with the wording.

Flora