Sign in to follow this  
loulou

income support and tax credits

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around much lately as i've been very busy with my new bubba. He's got reflux, so most of the day is spent being covered in sick :sick: . Lovely!

I am trying to find out whether you can claim income support AND tax credits, or does one cancel out the other?

My paid maternity leave is about to run out, but i'm not ready to go back to work yet so i'm taking the rest of my maternity leave. This will mean i'm not paid for the next 6 months.

I get tax credits at the moment, but that's not enough to live on, so i've applied for income support whilst i'm not getting paid from work. I've called the tax credits people and income support people, but neither of them seem to know about the other.

I'd be grateful for any information on this,

Loulou xx

Hi

If you have kids with ASD you may qualify for disability allowance and carers allowance, this amounts to a fair amount and is related to how many hours you work, not how much you earn. It took a random remark from a ASD parent whose child I teach swimming to and I am better off by about �600 per month!!!

Hi,

Thanks, it's all so confusing :rolleyes: . As long as i have enough for my bills etc, i'll be ok. It's only for 6months then i'll be back to work.

I found this site last night, it helps you calculate what you're entitled to:

ENTITLED TO