Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

magnesium and vitamin b6

i read somewhere on the net about these helping asd and adhd

also zinc was good and something called l.carnitine

just wondered if anyone had tryed it

i know you could maybe get it in a multi vitamin

but was wondering about the single ones and there in tablet form so was thinking of crushing them up and adding it to omega 3 yoghurt drinks.........

rq

well just updating

as i started both my sons on magnesium and b6 and also zinc

i have to say i have seen a difference........so i do belive it helps........they are also taking the iq oil at the same time too.[asd son has had this since 2 years old]

my asd son is having less meltdowns -or they are not lasting as long..........and my hyperactive son....well its reduced his fidgiting and constant moving dramaticlly.....he went one weekend without them and you could see the diffeence straight away -was going wild.

i got them from holland and barret....my older son will swallow them whole but my 4 year old will not..........so i bought a pestal and mortor and crushed his up -melted 2 pieces of choc...mixed them in to that...put it in little sweet -cake holder...put in fridge to set.he will take it in that form after much arguing,and the reward of piece of choc after hed had the medicine choc.

just thought id let you know as ive found some positive results with it. :thumbs:

Hi all -

Vitamin B6 seems to be 're-emerging' as an intervention... It first became popular around 10 - 12 years ago, ( a couple of years before secretin was the big thing!) but there were some investigations into the claims being made that undermined them...Can't remember the ins and outs now, but I do remember there were concerns that the dosages involved were actually detrimental in other areas of health (like all vitamins/minerals you can have too much of a good thing!)

For a year or so I did try a homeopathic B6 remedy, but with hindsight I suspect the benefits I thought I saw had more to do with a 'quantum leap' in development generally... As time has gone on I've become far more aware of the way our children tend to 'leap' into new areas of understanding rather than the more typical linear development of NT children...

All of that info is at least 7 years old and some 10 + (Ben wasn't born when I first read about B6 and suggested it as a supplement in a care home I worked within), so there may be new data/recommendations on dosages etc., but I hope my comments are helpful in any event!

L&P

BD :D