josie h

Advice for sibling suppport

Does anybody know of any good sites that would be useful to my 14 year old daughter. i am looking for somewhere where she can go to talk to other people of her age to give her help, support and friendship, who have siblings on the autistic spectrum. i am finding it very hard to find anywhere for her to go where she can talk freely. Please let me know if you have had any luck with help for your children. i also feel my son would benefit from talking to other children who have similar difficulties as he has, to make him feel that he is not on his own.

I have one bookmarked josie, but unfortunately on my work pc. I'll have a look at it tomorrow & send you the link if its any good.

Have just checked, & its no longer there, sorry. I lost everything in a pc disaster at work a while back.

Thanks for looking anyway. i am still on a mission to find something though!

Have just checked, & its no longer there, sorry. I lost everything in a pc disaster at work a while back.

Thanks for looking anyway. i am still on a mission to find something though!

Aha! I got my NAS email today & they have a section complete with web addresses. Try SibNet, autism sibs, aspergers-teens or We the Siblings. No idea how to post links or anything sorry, but its findable on the site. PS not recommending or anything as I havent tried them myself.

Hi i also have a daughter whom is almost fourteen,maybe your daughter could chat online to mine on msn or via email.let me know

You can also apply to NAS for a befriender for siblings if you wanted. That way she could have some one who due to NAS policies has to keep things confidential to talk things through with. I can provide some more details if your interested. :)