Sign in to follow this  
smiley

Oh the confusion........

Hello :)

Wondering if anyone has the faintest idea how to do this.............

I have a very well known MP3 player (starts with an 'i'............ ends with a 'd'............. got 'po' in the middle........ :rolleyes::shame::whistle: )................

I've been trying to put little clips from youtube onto it - but can't figure out how.........

Now i want to put a photobucket vid on it - still don't know how!! :unsure::lol:

Anyone got any idea??? :unsure::D

Edited by smiley

Hi Smiley -

Is it a Media Player or just an MP3 player?

They be not quait the same thing! If it is a media player you may need to convert the movies from one format to another first (i.e. Flash or Quicktime to MPeg4)...

If you send me the model number I'll have a looksee and see what it does, and try to point you toward some conversion software if you need it...

Photobucket vids are 'unsnatchable' with the couple of programs I've tried - they're in a 'Protected' Flash format that won't download (If anyone knows different, let me know!)

L&P

BD :D

Guest Lya of the Nox

Hello, this is Lya-of-the-Nox's son,

I am assuming that if you want to put video onto your ipod you have a 30/80 gig one (or any of the others that support video playback) The first thing to do is to find a suitable video downloader off of a website which is compatible with your browser. Try googling 'youtube video downloader *BROWSERNAMEHERE*' This should get you a program (free trial or cheapo free one) which you can then follow the instructions to download videos from youtube or google video onto your computer.

If I remember correctly the Ipod Itunes converter thing can take most of the windows supported formats (.MOV,.WMV etc)

Then you should be able to just locate the file through itunes and then convert it and transfer it to your ipod.

I hope that helps.

I've found some - anyone know of a 'safe' version??

Not sure if it's a good idea to download any old freeware, what are the best sites?? :unsure:

Download.com..........??? (probably best to PM me if it's terrible!)

Edited by smiley

Well I have managed to download a video from photobucket just now. The one you just uploaded in fact Baddad.

Then your need a player that can handle an file in the FLV format. I used the one I found here:

http://sweb.cityu.edu.hk/50689882/flv.html

Not investigated how to change them to a standard format yet though.

Edited by baddad
Hi David - I've removed the 'how to' text from your post for the reasons we've just discussed in PM's...:lol