Box-Of-Frogs

My head is spinning!

I'm all over the place at the moment! We have gone from a refusal to assess with a view to statementing to an offer of a place at a school for autistic children in a little over a week!

Firstly we receive the letter from our local education department saying after careful consideration they have decided not to assess O for a statement as he has adequate support in place from various different agencies plus 1 to 1 at school. After we request and attend a meeting at O's school to discuss their decision and voice our concerns about their decision they ring me approx 2 days later to say that O has been offered a place at a School in their dedicated Autistic unit in a class of six starting in September! I have accepted the place, bought the uniform and now I'm sat here wondering what happened!

One parent I spoke to last week at the open afternoon said she'd been fighting for 4 years to get her son into the school. It seems a little unfair and quite strange that for me it was handed to us on a plate so to speak. I'm now paranoid something is going to happen and it'll all have been a dream.

Edited by Box-Of-Frogs

Wow, thats fantastic! Enjoy! I know its difficult when you are not used to things going alright, we too have had a fantastic few months & keep thinking, when will we wake up?

Hope O has a fantastic time at his new school.