Viper

Just had some awful news

I rang my brother, haven't spoken for some time, and his wife answered. She said she has wanted to ring me for ages but my brother wouldn't let her.

She then told me the most awful news. A month ago when he was on his way home from work (he's a train driver) at 1am, some yobs started shouting at him. He was all alone so just carried on walking. The next thing he knew he was in hospital. The b******ds had hit him over the head, knocking him unconcious and while one of the six (from eye witness statements) held him up the rest kicked his face in. He has a broken jaw, had to have his front teeth wired back in, stiches in his exploded mouth and has lost some saliver glands. He can't go to work until they are sure he doesn't have epilepsy as a result and may need plastic surgery.

I sobbed my heart out when she was telling me. Why would anyone do that? They didn't even take his money or phone and they were still there watching when the person who saw it called the ambulance and police, and when they arrived. The police asked them if they saw anything but they said no and the police let them walk away, despite the eye witness saying he thought it was them. (he couldn't be absolutly sure as he was on a bridge over the railway when he saw it happening.)

My brother is only a small man, just a bit taller than me 5ft 5, and is in no way offensive, he is mild mannered and quiet. This world is such an awful place.

Viper, what a dreadful world we live in, your poor brother, I hope he recovers very soon. This must have been a terrible shock for you so take care of yourself too.

Clare x x x >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

That sort of thing makes me feel sick :-( I just dont get what pleasure anyone can get from doing that to another human being. Its not just a kicking - it'll change your brothers (and your families) whole lives - b***ards. Your poor poor brother - I hope he recovers okay.

((hugs))

Lynne x

Thank you for all your good wishes.

The irony of it is, my brother is the health and safty rep for his depot and he is the 4th man to be attacked like this. He has been campaigning to get better provision for the depot since the first attack. They wanted a covered walkway and taxi service home until the culprits are caught.

Since my brother was attacked all this has now been provided. :wallbash: His solicitor say's he can sue the pants off them but e is reluctant to do so in case he causes bad feeling in the company. I don't think I would think twice.

Hi Viper >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

I am soooo sorry. :( this is really terrible. Is it possible there may be some CCTV footage they usually have things like this on archives. They may find the group.

Its just not safe out late these days, especially when there are groups like this around. Surely they are known, surely something in the local paper retracing the nights asking people to recall things. Surely someone would come forward.

CCTV camera's are around more than you would imagine.

This is just awful this is the problem with youth and drugs and alcohol, it makes them very unpredictable. :(

Hope your brother makes a full recovery. It may take some time though.

Thinking of you >:D<<'>

Fx :(

So sorry to hear about your brother, Viper. And I hope there is CCTV footage as Frangipani suggested. People like that need to be brought to account for what they have done. (Then throw away the key...)

Wishing you and him all the best.

ddh