Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Reducing Sizes

I know it's not related to the forum but I wonder if some clever techi person can help me. :pray:

I have an A1 size sheet of paper with some strange thing I've drawn on it that I somehow need to (in colour) make a reduced A4 (landscape) copy of to put in my assignment. The trouble is it has text as well as arrows and colours so still needs to be readable. I tried to scan it on an A4 scanner in 8 sections and then reduce each by the same factor and join them up, but they don't quite line up and it looks very amaturish. Any ideas on how to achieve this - my techi-guy at uni couldn't help and the information centre has facilities to enlarge but not to reduce. Help!!!!!

I don't have access to (or know where there would be one) an A1 colour photocopier. Any ideas? :unsure: I've just tried taking a digital photo of it, which will do if I can't come up with a better solution, but the text can't be read.

If the text can not be read save the camera pic onto computer, open up document into Paint or simular and rub out the writing and put a number instead then as an additional sheet label writing 1-, 2---, 3---

Hope this makes sence!

Hi mumble -

Most biggish libraries have a good photocopier that'll reduce/enlarge, or you'll probably find a high street printers could do it for you. If not A1 you should be able to get it down to two scans to join up, and with a bigger scan base it should match up without problems too. Once you've got the image scaled correctly you could scan it in to your PC and re-label in a legible font or overlay a 'key' as mumble-rocks suggested :)

L&P

BD :D

Thanks everyone :) ,

I've tried Mumble_Rocks suggestion which gives a readable copy (I've put text boxes over the image). I'm just wondering though having done this if I'm better off just doing a copy on the computer with text boxes and connectors anyway. D'oh, should have thought of that to start with!

My library only increases, but I'll try the printers I use and see if they can do it in two sections (they probably will have A2 copy bases.

Saving that, I'll just put the tiny unreadable copy in and claim that I can read it (well I can because I know what it says!!!) and that the profs really should get their eyes tested!! :devil: