Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

living life online

Tonight I joined an online site which you can rent dvd's from. I've been trying to see how much I can do online. Think it's because I'm a complete technophobe, so see it bizarrely as a challenge :rolleyes: DH and I thought we may be wasting our time and money, and went about setting up our rental list, thinking they'd be about 10 we could add, and 3 of those would be the Star Wars Trilogy for DH :lol: .............. but we are at 64 and still counting :lol::lol: Isn't it funny when you start going through lists of films you see so many you want to see, or ones you want to watch again that you had forgotton all about :D Be interesting to see how we get on, and the first month's trial is free. :thumbs:

I've also placed my shopping order online for this week. Used to do this alot, but found I got fed up with so many things not being in stock or substitutes being completely ridiculous :rolleyes: Anyhoooo, thought it would free up abit more time with the kiddies.

I've been sending cards via online sites too lately......you can personalise them, which can make them so funny, and add gifts, like a mosquito net for a family in Kenya :thumbs: I bought my mum's partner 4 chickens in Africa for his birthday in June :clap: Mind you, can backfire a little, DH bought me a bog (yes, it did say bog on the card :blink: )

I've been trawling through another site and bought lots of second hand cassettes for the car..........Wham. :ph34r: ....Beautiful South.. :notworthy: ..Shania Twain :dance: All the songs I love to sing along too :curlers::partytime:

Anymore ideas anyone?

I did most of my Christmas shopping online last year and managed to avoid the Christmas rush.

Whats the name of the webby where you can purchase aid gifts ?

Clare x x x

is it oxfam unwrapped I use that all the time, and the kids have started using it too when they cant think of something for friends birthdays, dd2 bought her friend 100 school dinners for a children in poor communities to encourage them to go to school, her friend was 15 so old enough to understand the thought behind it and said it was the best pressie she'd had

I do all my insurance and banking online, I saved about �200 on my car insurance last year by trawling a few sites for the best quote.

Hi Bagpuss,

We tend to do most of our shopping online too - especially as it's so difficult to get out and about with our eldest. If you do shop online a lot - it's worth checking out the money saving sites and discount code sites i.e.

• moneysavingexpert.co.uk (for loads of tips and the forums are good)
  • hotukdeals.com or pricedash.com (which gives vouchers/discount/free delivery codes to use online with quite a lot of companies for groceries, dvds, catalgoue shopping etc)
  • quidco.com. (which offer cash back on purchases through their membership)

Take care,

Jb

i ordered most of my presents for chrimbo online last year and it was brill,how do you send birthday cards online baggy?

:unsure: Erm - little bit.

I sell my books/CD's online - but don't often buy myself :lol::huh:

Tried food shopping - got so hacked off after 45 minutes........ could have done it quicker if i'd gone down there myself! Did result in lots of hysterical laughing from dearest big brother though...... When just the one mushroom turned up...... and the biggest bag of sugar i've ever seen in my life..... oh, and my dog has never forgiven me - she got the teeny-weeny dog biscuits..... :rolleyes:

I only buy from a couple of sites (mainly the one with no delivery charges..... :ph34r: ) get books, cds, and little monkeys 'Buzz' for his ps2's just turned up :thumbs::dance:

Well, my shopping arrived today......one item unavailable, 3 substitutes (2 of which I couldn't accept as girlies wouldn't eat them). Rest of order ok. Still unsure about it :unsure:

As for the online dvd rental...our first dvd has been dispatched and should be here tomorrow. We are allowed 3 per month, and as soon as we've watched this one, we return it, and the next one of the list is dispatched...so seems to be going well with first one on way.

Found some more tapes for the car today...although from charity shops, rather than online. Actually worked out a couple of pounds cheaper, because there were no delivery charges, so I managed to get them for 50p each :thumbs: DH will not be impressed with my collection though..... :devil: The girls know all the words on the Erasure tape now :lol::lol: