forbsay

Which favourite places to your kids like to go to?

Soft play areas - ES is peeved that he now to old (14+ and 5'10" approx)

Castles and more Castles LoL

Ooooh,

Another carwash fan >:D<<'>

My 7 yr old son is into carwashes in a big way, even when we go away on holiday we have to film new carwashes that he can watch on the pc when we get back home. He probably knows the location of every carwash in the Algarve :wacko:

Once, on a boiling hot day on holiday we we sat around outside this carwash just waiting for someone to come along and wash their ****** car, I for one was starting to feel very silly, but needs must :lol:

We're not impressed with the new black brushes installed at our local Morrisson's carwash, the stripey blue and white ones were far better to watch, apparently :unsure:

have you tried filming the carwash from inside your car as you go through, I thoroughly recommend this, just remember to keep quiet. All you can hear on our film is me shrieking " Look **** SIDE BRUSHES !" :rolleyes:

The pond in our back garden to watch his fish.

The local garden centre where they have a Water World section and lots and lots of pretty fishes!! :P

~ Mel ~

In the past....

car wash

MFI to play with the white goods

Estate Agents (took care of one summer holidays)

cheap to entertain arent they?

Mine is Wilderness Boy; forests, lakes, mountains, caves, rivers, the Downs, the seaside.

And old places, castles, abbeys, cathedrals...

With no other children, but lots of informed adults who like answering questions.

At the moment it's home.......with a screwfix direct catalogue for company!!! Having trouble dragging him out anywhere. This afternoon we're all going to the local scrap store for a mooch around. Usually come back with loads of lovely rubbish for "inventing" with.

Years ago it was the lighting isles of DIY shops - and if they had those electric ceiling fan types, well that was just fantastic!

Years ago it was the lighting isles of DIY shops - and if they had those electric ceiling fan types, well that was just fantastic!

Ooh, my brother (ASD) used to love lighting stores, lighting departments and the like - particularly if they were changing the display and had taken the shades off!!! :wacko: :wacko: :lol:

For me, anywhere quiet and without people. Up a mountain would be good. Possibly by a mountain lake.

Sadly for my daughter it's her bedroom........

She doesn't like going anywhere at all and has never had a favourite place (especially anywhere that involves walking, loud noises or lots of people - shops are her worst nightmare) - but if we were to persuade her!!!! to go out somewhere - it would be a museum or castle that has a museum or the library where it's quiet (and preferably not a lot of people!).

Take care,

Jb

Mine is Wilderness Boy; forests, lakes, mountains, caves, rivers, the Downs, the seaside.

And old places, castles, abbeys, cathedrals...

With no other children, but lots of informed adults who like answering questions.

*nods* JP is very similar these days. A pleasure to spend time with.

Youngest dd really enjoyed the cemetary today. She said Grandad looked like a Van Gogh....we'd bought my dad some sunflowers for his birthday next week. She asked if he had to stay buried :tearful: and when we left she kept asking if he liked his sunflowers :tearful::tearful: Lots of biting of lip and swallowing huge lumps from me. I honestly think she'd spend hours there is she could. She is obsessed with church clocks too, and roman numerals. She has to take her ear defenders incase a church clock should "bong", she can't bear the noise, bless her.

Used to be the pond section of the garden centre, and the electrics section of Woolworths.

He now likes the screwfix catalogue too.

His favourite place now is Maplins.

Youngest dd really enjoyed the cemetary today. She said Grandad looked like a Van Gogh....we'd bought my dad some sunflowers for his birthday next week. She asked if he had to stay buried :tearful: and when we left she kept asking if he liked his sunflowers :tearful::tearful: Lots of biting of lip and swallowing huge lumps from me. I honestly think she'd spend hours there is she could. She is obsessed with church clocks too, and roman numerals. She has to take her ear defenders incase a church clock should "bong", she can't bear the noise, bless her.

>:D<<'> Baggy >:D<<'>

I've always liked graveyards too. All my relatives come from Cheshire as my mum & dad moved to Lancashire when I was in utero, so when we went back to visit each summer we'd visit all the live ones first, then go see the dead ones!

My DS is very much into our local hobby store. Hornby Trains by the ton! Strangly enough he points out every car wash from home to where ever we may be going but don't even think about going into one!

>:D<<'> Baggy >:D<<'>

I've always liked graveyards too. All my relatives come from Cheshire as my mum & dad moved to Lancashire when I was in utero, so when we went back to visit each summer we'd visit all the live ones first, then go see the dead ones!

You know Pearl, I remember as a kid, when I used to go and stay with my nana and grandad, being taken to the local church, to sit in the graveyard, drinking some pop, chatting about all the different peeps buried around us. I can't drink Dandelion and Burdock now without thinking about it. My nana would take tea in a flask, plonk herself on a bench, and natter away :lol::lol: If she were alive today she'd of loved taking youngest dd......they'd of spent many hours on that bench, watching the world go by, happy as pigs in muck :D

Sorry Forbsay, taken thread totally off track :oops:

Edited by Bagpuss

You know Pearl, I remember as a kid, when I used to go and stay with my nana and grandad, being taken to the local church, to sit in the graveyard, drinking some pop, chatting about all the different peeps buried around us. I can't drink Dandelion and Burdock now without thinking about it. My nana would take tea in a flask, plonk herself on a bench, and natter away :lol::lol: If she were alive today she'd of loved taking youngest dd......they'd of spent many hours on that bench, watching the world go by, happy as pigs in muck :D

Hehe, back in the day..... we knew how to enjoy ourselves didn't we! :lol:

Smallworld - you made me laugh so much.

My ds likes to go to the recycling/dump.

Talking of cemeteries - my mum told me about the time she was on a crowded train to London and going slowly past Brookwood cemetery near Woking, my sister, then about 5 or 6 looked at all the flowers across the cemetery and said "ooh mummy doesn't that look nice - wouldn't you like to be there" :lol:

My ds2 used to love museums, especially the hands-on type like Eureka in Halifax where they have a transparent flushing toilet! He would end ages watching that :lol: He was quite obsessed with our own toilet and often put his toys down and blocked it, just so he could watch them being flushed away. He was also Thomas Tank Engine mad, so a visit to a railway and ride on a train was a much loved outing. Also, watching fish, so somewhere like the Sealife Centre was good but as we were always hard up when he was small, it was more likely to be our local aquarium shop, garden centre or pet shop for a freebie viewing :thumbs:

Sofa shops so he can sit on every sofa, Dr Who exhibition, the beach to see the amusements and Argos to see what Dr Who figures he can try and get out of me :lol:

Reading this has just reminded me of a grave yard Connor liked to visit when we went on a certain dog walk, only because he thought it was so funny that two grave stones side to side went by the names of Willy and Fanny !!!!! I always wonder if in life these two planned their burials to be side by side !!!!

Clare x x x

Whoops :oops: thread totally off track now !!!!

Reading this has just reminded me of a grave yard Connor liked to visit when we went on a certain dog walk, only because he thought it was so funny that two grave stones side to side went by the names of Willy and Fanny !!!!! I always wonder if in life these two planned their burials to be side by side !!!!

Clare x x x

Whoops :oops: thread totally off track now !!!!

Oh that really made me laugh!!!

Js favourate place at the moment seems to be the cinema, he always sits right near the exit doors as he vacates that many times for the loo, drinks, or just a dash of the hall and comes back, he has loved simpsons, wont stop repeating phrases that homa said, he found the bit where bart was naked on his skate board so funny, I had to laugh when homa lied it was a dare to the police because the alternatives where a days parenting course.

J also likes parks but not your boring three piece sets, (swing,slide,sea saw) kind, he likes the ones that have wavey futuristic climbing frames, zip lines, rope bridges, obsticales, and huge high slides.

J likes swimming and defo the outdoors meaning your lovely lake district, mountains, forest walks, woodlands.

One place he hates his shopping malls, and supermarkets, but he tolerates sainsburys now that most of the security gaurds are on first names terms and they came to me saying they know he needs extra supervision? but most of the sainsburys staff are really great with J and they all defo know him.

JsMum