Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

LEA hmmmmm what are they up to now?

Had a letter from SENDIST asking me to name dates for a new tribunal as ours is postponed.

So my IPSEA rep said write to them and tell them we have verbally agreed certain things on mikes statement

and are waiting for them in writing.

So i did.

Today i receive a letter from sENdist saying that LEA has written to them saying that we have mutually agreed certain

things and that they are not opposing the tribunal and are withdrawing, it says that they expect us to write to sendist and tell them this.

BUT..........

We have NOT agreed about mikes dx of AS being written into his statement, LEA are saying they wont do it cos its not

come from CAMHS (even though our psych is more qualified than camhs psych) we say rubbish, his dx should stand, IPSEA lady is still waiting for the legal expert to get back to her on this and she has advised me to not do anything until he returns from holiday next monday (we have until 20 august to let SENDIST know what we intend to do).

SENDIST say even if we want the tribunal to go ahead that noone from LEA will be represented and they may decide to just make a decision based on papers they already have.

We have NOTHING in writing from LEA, no minutes from meeting or things that we agreed on.

They have said they will not issue a statement until 8 week deadline is up.

so how can i stop the tribunal when there is nothing in writing?

Oh we do have a letter saying mike can start school on 11 sep at independent school but thats it.

bit confused and wondered if anyone else has been in this situation.

thanks

My instinct is to write back saying just that - you'll carry on taking them to tribunal until you receive full written conformation of what they are offering you.

Good Luck.

Louise

I agree with Louise, just carry on as though you are still going to tribunal, because you can withdraw your appeal at any time and you've got nothing to lose. Better to be over cautious and wait till you have everything absolutely clear in writing. If the LEA are not opposing the appeal, that means they have agreed to everything you want in the statement. So you need to get this confusion cleared up - what are they still opposing?

Wait for confirmation from IPSEA next week before doing anything, I would. You still have plenty of time. And stay strong, they never make it easy, but you're almost there!

K x

I agree with everyone else.

You are already over the biggest hurdle, he has his place in school and you have the letter to prove it- they cant take that away now. You have come so far now you are almost there at the point of getting his diagnosis on the statement, this is the result of a lot of hard work so dont not do it. Wait for ipsea to get back to you but I think just continue your appeal until you get everything you want! >:D<<'>