llisa32

New Forest Meetup

Hi,

In honour of Mumble, and cos I didn't make the Greenwich one...does anyone fancy a meet in the New Forest?

I suggest Brockenhurst, as practically all the trains stop there (from London etc)

It's pretty nice to walk around and there are a few cafes/pubs :gather: you can sit aside, choocy shops :eat: , antique type shops etc

I'm thinking the last Saturday in August if anyone can make it/fancys?

Edited by llisa32

Would that be the weekend of the 25th/26th August or afterwards 1/2 september?

Only asking because I think given everything recently a break away would really do me some good and I'm looking into youth hostels in the middle of nowhere in scotland and need to book soon. Either is fine and I'd really like to come. :)

Now I'm wondering llisa if you've solved a life-long puzzle. I have a teddy bear called Brocky after where the place I got him from, but neither my mum nor I have any idea where this place called 'Brocky' (which was probably my shortening) might be and she thinks I just made it up - could it be possible that I got him from Brockenhurst? :unsure: :unsure:

Maybe this needs moving to 'Off Topic'? :unsure:

Crud timing! (or good timing depending on your POV!) Ben and i will have just travelled BACK on the Friday if you're talking about the 25th/26th! DOH!

:rolleyes:

Maybe this needs moving to 'Off Topic'? :unsure:

Done! :)

Sounds good - thgink I may be away the 25/26 though. The following weekend might be a possibility.

K x

Thanks Kathryn - didn't notice where I'd posted - :rolleyes:

I can't make the 25th cos just realise I only get back from hols that day! - so the 1st would be perfect! :)

Baddad - great if you can come :)

Mumble...there used to be a cafe selling teddys in brokenhurst...no idea if it's still there but we can hunt for it - pretty good excuse to peek in all the shops :) - in the name of research obviously :)

Kathryn - hopefully that weekends better for you as well :)

So to conclude, we are technically talking about saturday the 1st of September :thumbs:

If things aren't too crazy here, I would love to come along - the New Forest is practically on my doorstop! The New Forest ponies are soooo lovely and what's that I hear about antique shops? Those are fun too, I mean, good for research purposes. Isn't there a New Forest museum as well? Maybe the kids would like that? I remember taking my kids there when they were little and they enjoyed all the tasks they had...need to check if it is near Brockenhurst...

ddh

Are we definately going for the weekend of the 1st/2nd September? I'm thinking about being impulsive today (call the thinking part Aspie impulsiveness :lol:) and booking a quiet youth hostel for a few days - scary but I think it's what I really need.

I had another thought on the Brockenhurst thing - is there a castle there? I'm also convinced Brocky came from a castle called 'Brockenhurst'.

Anyway - New Forest sounds lovely and I'm not scared of ponies!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Can we ride the ponies? :unsure: Horse riding is on my list of things to do before I go mad and get imprisoned in a padded cell :lol:

Are we definately going for the weekend of the 1st/2nd September? I'm thinking about being impulsive today (call the thinking part Aspie impulsiveness :lol:) and booking a quiet youth hostel for a few days - scary but I think it's what I really need.

I had another thought on the Brockenhurst thing - is there a castle there? I'm also convinced Brocky came from a castle called 'Brockenhurst'.

Anyway - New Forest sounds lovely and I'm not scared of ponies!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Can we ride the ponies? :unsure: Horse riding is on my list of things to do before I go mad and get imprisoned in a padded cell :lol:

YOu are not allowed to ride the ponies...but my DS and I have been known to feed them a few carrots! Once we fed them breadsticks! And I dont know if you are even allowed to do that... :whistle: but it sure was fun! One of the ponies kept shaking his head up and down after he ate a breadstick, as if saying, hmm, that's nice but it's getting stuck to the roof of my mouth. We laughed ourselves silly watching him. And then he would nudge us again for another one!!

ddh

Edited by mrs.ddh

I would definitely like to come but am going away from tomorrow - so if you make any arrangements this week I'll catch up with you all when I get back in about 10 days time. I would like to make it on the weekend of 1st/2nd September - ds back to school on 3rd Sept.

Wish me luck we are going to a caravan park in Wales next week - ds obsessed with caravans so thought we'd indulge him! B)

I'm at a Folklore conference that weekend, sorry, or I would have come.

I thought I would bring this one up again in case anyone's still interested :unsure: (that's of course if llisa and her housetent haven't blown/floated away :lol::devil:). Well I'm going (possibly in a zombie state as I don't get back from Scotland till 11:30pm on the Friday night), but it's on my wall planner so I'll be there, even if I'm all alone (I can do a walk in the forest).

We were going for Saturday 1st September at around 12 noon at Brokenhurst Station (there's a train that gets in for people coming via London at 12:04pm). Am I going to be having a day in the forest by myself or should I be expecting company? :unsure: :unsure:

I thought I would bring this one up again in case anyone's still interested :unsure: (that's of course if llisa and her housetent haven't blown/floated away :lol::devil:). Well I'm going (possibly in a zombie state as I don't get back from Scotland till 11:30pm on the Friday night), but it's on my wall planner so I'll be there, even if I'm all alone (I can do a walk in the forest).

We were going for Saturday 1st September at around 12 noon at Brokenhurst Station (there's a train that gets in for people coming via London at 12:04pm). Am I going to be having a day in the forest by myself or should I be expecting company? :unsure: :unsure:

I'm still hoping to come. But will be driving. Will keep looking out for any last minute arrangements - but will expect to meet at the station at 12 noon unless hear to the contrary. Are the kiddies coming?

I'm still hoping to come. But will be driving. Will keep looking out for any last minute arrangements - but will expect to meet at the station at 12 noon unless hear to the contrary. Are the kiddies coming?

I'm afraid I know nothing more about the arrangements - I just know where I have to be and when - llisa's doing the organising for this one but she's away realising that tent's make great kites in this weather at the moment!! :lol::devil: When she's back I'm sure she'll fill in the details.

I'm really sorry - can't do this trip now. :(

I'm going up to Bolton (had to postpone from this weekend).

K x

I'm really sorry - can't do this trip now. :(

No worries - it's going to be a mini-meetup - definately outnumbered by the ponies!!! :lol: We'll have to save our social niceity scripts for another meetup (Greenwich again? - which famous landmark shall we burn down this time?? :whistle::devil:)

I'm still going to my conference in Chichester, sorry.

Enjoy >:D<<'> Chichester has a lovely cathedral and cathedral gardens :)

Enjoy >:D<<'> Chichester has a lovely cathedral and cathedral gardens :)

The first time my daughter walked, proper steps, was in Chichester Cathedral. One minute she was sitting on the floor, the next she was trotting towards me, squeaking loudly!

No worries - it's going to be a mini-meetup - definately outnumbered by the ponies!!! :lol: We'll have to save our social niceity scripts for another meetup (Greenwich again? - which famous landmark shall we burn down this time?? :whistle::devil:)

I'm scared to recommend a meeting place this time - 'twas the day after I named the Cutty Sark on this forum that it burnt down. :o:lol:

K x

Hi all :)...I survived camping!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

And J had a great time!..we had a few small trauma's due to him getting over tired, and had to be really vigilent about bugs and leaks :) - but otherwise he enjoyed - it helped that we were right next door to a leisure park so had something do to that he loved everyday.

Much to everyones surprise I would go again :rolleyes: but only in a much bigger tent that was full height all over...way too much bending and no where near enough storage! (taking into account J's 'special' blanket, pillow, toys etc etc :)

So just about caught up with myself now and looking forward to Saturday...who's coming?, I recall Mumble and Kateball...anyone else?

We'll meet for 12 noon on brokenhurst station platform, incoming from London side of platform.

Anyone else coming to spot ponies, and laugh at my camping war wounds??(tons of bruises and loads of bug bites!)

If things aren't too crazy here, I would love to come along - the New Forest is practically on my doorstop! The New Forest ponies are soooo lovely and what's that I hear about antique shops? Those are fun too, I mean, good for research purposes. Isn't there a New Forest museum as well? Maybe the kids would like that? I remember taking my kids there when they were little and they enjoyed all the tasks they had...need to check if it is near Brockenhurst...

ddh

Are you able to make it still? Or anyone else.

I was wondering if this was open to me and my family? We live close by but don't want to intrude. I'm very shy but would like to meet people in a similar situation to us.

I was wondering if this was open to me and my family? We live close by but don't want to intrude. I'm very shy but would like to meet people in a similar situation to us.

I'm sure its open to all - and I would love to meet you. I'm going away now overnight and making my way straight there tomorrow on my way home so hope that there are no changes to plans otherwise I'll be stuck at Brockenhurst Station on my tod!! See you all tomorrow at 12.00 :thumbs:

Hi Box of frogs/all,

Tomorrow most definately open to all - please do come along if you fancy meeting up

Tomorrow at 12pm on station platform - incoming from london side

I'll post some distinguishing features for me later today when I've got round to thinking about what I'm wearing tomorrow :)

Hi,

I'll be hanging around the platform at Brockenhurst station tomorrow on the incoming from London side for 12pm (I'll prob get there about 11.45am)

I'll either have a black cardi or pink cardi on (weather depending :)) and will have a huge tan coloured handbag on my shoulder. Short dark hair, and prob flip flops :)

I'll try to be inconspicious :bat: and I definately don't bite!

If anyone wants to pm me re tomorrow please do, otherwise at the moment I'm expecting Mumble, Kateball and possible Box of Frogs - Baddad...not sure if you're laid up with sprained ankle now?? - hope it's getting better. >:D<<'>

I'll be online a while longer tonight and again in the morning.

If anyone wants to bring kiddies thats of course fine! - I'm not bringing mine cos he's one grumpy little thing this week and especially after a dentist visit today! (will start a thread about that in a mo :)

I'll be hanging around the platform at Brockenhurst station tomorrow on the incoming from London side for 12pm (I'll prob get there about 11.45am)

I'll be there - possibly :unsure: If I wake up in the morning. Just got in - totally knackered - been travelling since 8:30 this morning with a rucksack that was heavy when I left which I decided to fill with rocks from the different islands on my way round :o Brilliant holiday though :)

I'll either have a black cardi or pink cardi on (weather depending :))

Is that black to absorb the heat if it's cold and pink to blend with the sunburn if it's hot? I'll be wearing blue jeans and a white and red stripy shirt, blue shoes and depending on weather will bring a blue sweater and maybe my red waterproof (though it looks a bit worst for wear because I slid down a scree slope with it :oops: I'll have my blue rucksack which now has 3 frogs hanging off it and a penguin badge (thanks DMB :) ). I'm very very quiet and may have difficulty approaching you so if you see an odd'un on the platform that'll be me. I think the train in 12:04.

If anyone wants to bring kiddies thats of course fine! - I'm not bringing mine cos he's one grumpy little thing this week

Tis alright - I'll make up for all the missing grumps - didn't want to leave Scotland this morning :(

I'm awake!!!! zzzzzzzz! :lol:

Just a quick question - do I need to bring any food or are we geting something there? I have absollutely nothing here but I'm going past the shops on the way to the station so can get something if necessary.

The train does get in at 12:04pm. It's the fast service to Weymouth but it stops at Brockenhurst. I'm thinking of pinning a label to the effect of "wake me up at Brokenhurst" on my front in case I fall asleep!!!!! :wacko:

Morning! - hurray you woke up :)

Don't worry about food, we'll find something on our wandering...enough cafes etc that we won't starve, and plenty of chocolate around :thumbs:

Have a good journey and I'll have my mumble spotting glasses on :)

See you later >:D<<'>

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for organising this - I had a great day (except for the numerous dogs and the horse which wanted to show off his full set of teeth to me!!) :)

Made it back safely - I'm going to eat something and then zonk out I think.

When I'm a little more coherent I'll PM you re the visual/auditory processing we were discussing and I might also PM Ian Jordan - I think this is something I need to do for my own peace of mind as much as anything else - even if it doesn't work for me I won't be sitting round worrying that it could help.

Great Mars Bar Marbled choccy slice :eat::eat1: Glad I avoided the lime and Raspberry milkshake though!!! :sick:

Hiya, really glad you came and had a good time - and that you've made it home in reasonable time :)

Lets hope Kateball did the same...I must confess to not remembering about any proper food this pm and I know we got waylaid with the choccie cake so hope you and kate were not starving on my account :)

Kate - hope you also enjoyed yourself, it was good to meet up

Mumble...don't forget to unpack mr very bright frog :)...he'll probably serve as a future reminder of the many other animals we saw today:)....you guys were braver than me though! - I didn't attempt to stroke any horses like you both did! - very impressed :notworthy:

I'll pm you later also re auditory stuff etc....I'll also keep an eye out on ebay for camper vans in prep for the forum long distance trip :)

Enjoy your food speak to you later >:D<<'>

Yeh I agree - thanks for organising Lisa. Didn't matter there wasn't many of us - I think we had some real good quality time to ourselves. Definitely going to go back to that gift shop nearer Christmas. The walk was so enjoyable. Hassle free afternoon - actually deciding where (and when) we could be with no "little person" calling the tune. Enjoyed both your company. Coffee and cake were perfect for me.

Hope you had a good journey back Mumble - see you made it ok. Took me a little less than 2 hours but not much traffic so a nice journey.

My ds would be in camper van heaven if we really did make the journey up to Glasgow like this. Mumble - have you seen the film Little Miss Sunshine? That has some very funny scenes with dormobile camper van. :lol: