Cariad

Can anyone recomend any good books.

If you're looking for autobiographical writing, I like:

Born on a Blue Day

and

Send in the Idiots

There's also Some strange book by some strange guy

If you want 'info books', I strongly recommend anything by Olga Bogdashina, such as:

Sensory Perceptual Issues in Autism and Asperger Syndrome

Theory of Mind and the Triad of Perspectives on Autism and Asperger Syndrome: A View from the Bridge

hi hun

books are not always the best to learn about autism

they do tell you about most things

but each child is differant and in all my expereinces of autism and aspergers not one has been how the books say they should be

You have te rememebr that the books go by criteria from the kanner in the 40s and aspergers 40s wing frith 82

our children and autism have evolved since then

dont get me wrong im not saying they are wrong just that you need to read between the lines with some books

love shell

My current read is A Wild Ride Up the Cupboards by Ann Bauer, a novel about a family whose son is dx'd with autism. Only half way through so cant review it properly but I'm "enjoying" it IYKWIM

I LOVED Songs of the Gorilla Nation by Dawn Prince-Hughes. A very positive, moving & inspiring book. She's one of my heroines.

A friend like Henry by Nuala Gardener. It is the true story of the TV film "AFTER THOMAS", that was on ITV1 last Boxing Day.

It is on offer at Woolworths and WHSmiths in Hardback at �10.49, and it's a beautiful, touching, funny, inspirational read!

The books I would recommend are Tony Attwood, The Complete Guide to Asperger Syndrome and anything by Olga Bogdashina.