Sign in to follow this  
Annea

Wendy Lawson - Presentation

Hi all,

I know there was a presentation by Wendy in Cardiff back in March, but we are hoping to have Wendy with us the end of October in Pontypool south wales.

Parent ticket prices for this event would be approx �5 and professionals, teachers etc would pay �15.

This is a tentative query before I make firm bookings to see who would be interested in attending the talk as I know there are quite a few of us parents in this locality.

Can anyone who is interested, please PM me or email me if you might be interested in attending this evening talk toward the end of October. (23 rd or 25th)

Wendy is a lovely lovely who is Autistic herself, she also has many , many qualifictions surrounding Psychology etc.

You can see her home page here:

http://www.mugsy.org/wendy/

Anne

Sounds really interesting - unfortunately Ponty is right on our doorstep and my daugher doesn't want anyone to know so I'd be reluctant to go (even though I'd love to).

Take care,

Jb

Have PMed you. :D

Hi, Tylers mum have pm'd you back...

My daughter goes to st ALbans and very few people know in her school, but the way I see it, the only people who would really go, would be people who either have contact with those who have and ASD or professionals so she is happy for me to arrange it.

As for the subjects I thought of it being quite general, BUT as firm arrangemnts haven't been made we could still jiggle the seminar....

Let me give you all soem further reasons for the seminar...

I have missed ALL wendy's talks so far but have heard big reviews, My daughters scjool is in dire need of some real guidance from a 'real' expert, I think it would do all children their a BIG benefit. I also know that their are many health professionals in this area who would also benefit from a seminar here.

The reason it seems so rushed is that I only spoke to Wendy the other day about the possibility of a seminar and as she is here from OZ in October, she suggested the dates either 23rd or 25th.... She is in North wales before those dates, London after I think.

I am 'only' a mum trying to get Wendy in this area so we can all benefit... but I am very aware of all the costs that I have to cover... Wendy is not expensive as far as many experts go, but her fees have to be covered so I anted to put feelers out to see who might be interested... I can't afford the fees myself :)

Anyway.... Will try to get more details....

Do any of you in this area go to support groups, so I could tap into potentially interested parties from those groups?

Anne

Thanks Anne,

Would it be held in St. Albans (my daughter attends Abersychan)......I am still in two minds about whether talking to my daughter to ask how she'd feel.

Can't help in any support groups - just haven't felt ready to do anything like that yet....

Take care,

Jb