Pets74

Conflicting emotions.

my son answered his first question yesterday without the aid of pecs or sign. i asked him what lollies he wanted from shopping and he said clearly "orange please please". obviously was over the moon and ready for signing him up for university (he is 13 btw) i know it's well over the top but i was so pleased as we don't have much speech. anyway bragging to the family (for the last time ever) they said they knew we had been faking and putting it on (angry tears soon followed)

anyway told his dad and he tried to bring me back to earth (gently) and i have to face the facts that he is never ever going to be independant, never go off to college or get married. he tries so hard and has to put in so much effort for example we taught him to do buttons, it took 8 months and he struggles occasionally even now, but the stubborn monkey did not give in.

so my conflict is that i am so pleased with his progress and then so sad cos i know he is never going to reach a point of leaving me. how do i accept it. without spending days crying over it.

i love both my kids so much but sometimes feel like if i could only do more he would get further.

look at i like

you will always have a child never broody again lol

you will never be alone

you be happy for now visit the future when its time

let him just be

each day brings new smiles so dont rush them

he will be who he will be aided or not

god love you all

and big hugs and kisses to your wonderful angel on earth

love shell

pets >:D<<'>

Bless you, I haven't seen you here or the other place recently?! Don't hesitate to PM me.

You are reacting in a totally normal way, I expect one day I will be the same...I try not to think to far ahead, cause it scares me and I have to zone out so I don't start worrying and fretting. Remember he will always love you intensely and unconditionally and you for him too. And remember to focus on all the good things you have lovingly taught your boy, thats what is so important...emphasis on what he CAN and WILL, not what he CAN'T and WON'T!

As for the family who make comments, sod them! You know your boy better than anybody else, and what they think doesn't matter!

Well Done to him for expressing himself so well! >:D<<'> :thumbs::clap:

Lisa xx

Always Here, if you need a rant! >:D<<'>

i haven't been anywhere forum wise much and did think before posting this in case anyone thought i was a user.

it just got to the point where i just neededto know that i wasn't alone. seems quite selfish now i put it like that.

thanks.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Know how you feel - it's a real mixture of emotions. O will never live independently and like Lisa says I really try just to think of today and tomorrow - but now and then it hits me all over again.

Always here if you need a chat - love Elun >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> pets >:D<<'>

First of all, brilliant about your lad asking clearly for something! :thumbs:

Second of all, relatives :rolleyes: cant live with em, cant murder em :lol:

Third of all, course you're not a user. We all vent on here so why shouldnt you?

And fourth, and finally, of all...

no matter how much progress our children make, we will always wonder what life WOULD have been like, for them, and for us, without these extra difficulties they have to cope with. Its learning to celebrate them as they are whilst never stopping working with them & encouraging them thats the secret.

Let me know if you work out how to do that, I'm still struggling with that one!

pets,

You just pop in when you can and when you want to! No pressure here, just likeminded Mums!

If we can't spill our feelings on here, where can we?

Lisa xx >:D<<'>

Hi

I noticed you were fairly new here too and wanted to add my welcome to everyone elses.

Glad you found the forum, here you will always find pepople who understand and a place to have a quiet rant when the stuff that most people cant begin to understand start to feel like a heavy burden.

Celebrate the successes, no matter how small and remember we are all only human.

Take care of you