Lynden

Logan starts school this week!

I can't quite get my head around it as if we'd been in Scotland he'd just have been going into pre-school year in nursery! Ah well - he's a big boy now we're in London and will be starting reception.!

His teacher came round to meet him at the house on Friday which was nice and asked questions about him and I got to ask about the school etc. She is really lovely! I gave her a copy of his 'passport' (if anyone doesn't have one of these its a fantastic thing to have and schools/babysitters etc really appreciate it) which basically tells them everything they need to know and more.

So Wednesday he starts! I'm only putting him in mornings intially and will build him up to full days, hopefully three by October and five by Christmas as I think the sooner he's in a set routine the better for him. I get to stay with him, but I probably wont hang around too long as I know he's better when I'm not there.

The school is fabulous though and I can't wait till he starts there - they have so many facilities and onsite therapists and they also are big on parental involvement so have a parents coffee afternoon, a stay and swim session and a stay and play sessino per week - great!

So wish us luck for next week- I really hope he settles as quickly as he did at nursery back home in Scotland but he's been through so much in the past 5 months what with missing a term of nursery and moving house twice!

Lynne x

Hi Lynne - it sounds a lovely school - 'stay and swim/play' etc - that's a fab idea. Still a big change for you both - will keep my fingers crossed that it all goes well

Elun xx

Best of luck, Lynne, hope he loves it right from the beginning. :D I love the idea of a parents coffee afternoon, that sounds really nice. Hope you both make lots of nice friends there. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

I seemed to have missed this thread from the 1st Sept, the school and teacher sound fab, I hope Logan has settled well and that you are both enjoying the facilities they offer.

Clare x x x