Sign in to follow this  
Canopus

Is this forum open to...

Are members of the English Democrats allowed to join this forum? I happen to know someone with AS who is a member of the English Democrats that has been kicked off two other forums by the moderators. Their reason is that they consider the English Democrats as closet Nazis and the B*P in disguise, despite the English Democrats stating they are not racist or sectarian.

Hi

One of the great things about this forum is that anyone who is touched by ASDs in some shape or form is made welcome. I joined this forum over a year ago and have found it to be a godsend. I get help and support from other members relating to all matters concerned with ASDs and hopefully I return the compliment on occasions too! However, when it comes to topic matters, think great care need to be exercised. I know of a recent thread on this forum which was off topic and got very heated (to be frank, the subject went way over my head). I personally think there's room for everyone when it comes to ASD matters, but when members get into off topic matters (eg politics, religion, etc) which are likely to be provoke very strong feelings and may cause upset, think that's another story and that they're best avoided. There's nothing wrong with debate and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but day-to-day life is hard enough outwith the forum, that it's good to 'come here' and exchange views/support relating to ASDs, in a relevant and lighter way.

Caroline.

Hi Canopus,

Anybody with AS/ASD will always be welcome to join the forum, as are parents, relations or anyone with an interest in AS/ASD. Whatever political or religious beliefs are, they would not prevent potential members joining us. We all have to follow the Guidelines and Rules so, as with any of us, as long as the rules aren't broken, everything would be fine.

Annie

:)

Canopus

Your friend should be aware that this is a forum for people with an interest in ASD's and Aspergers, and not a platform to promote any political perspective. Vigorous debate around ASDs is inevitable and acceptable, but anything of a potentially offensive nature will be removed immediately and further action may be taken.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove