Sign in to follow this  
Cat

Radio Four this Thursday

Fwd with permission of Chris Bolduc Mother of Piers. - Cat

BBC RADIO 4 'YOU & YOURS' this Thursday, 13th September 2007 at 12.04 mid-day.

If all goes according to plan the programme we have recorded with the BBC, on various occassions and locations since May, will be aired THIS Thursday 13th September on RADIO 4 'YOU & YOURS' at 12.04. Its all about lack of care/units for adults with Asperger Syndrome and hi-lites our son Piers' tragic case.

Apologies in advance if its re-scheduled for sometime the following week but that is the way it goes in the media! As I write it is still on course for this Thursday. Although a great deal of recordings were made, after editing it will be cut down to size so don't blink or go and make a coffee or you might miss it! I just feel that 'every little helps' (to borrow a phrase!) not only for us and Piers but other families struggling within the minefields of flawed placements and the postal code lottery of accessing support and services.

You should be able to 'listen again' by putting: You & Yours listen again, into your computer's Googgle search a few days after it is aired.

Please excuse the Round Robin but it is the quickest way to alert everyone!

AllBest

Cris

Fwd with permission of Chris Bolduc Mother of Piers. - Cat

BBC RADIO 4 'YOU & YOURS' this Thursday, 13th September 2007 at 12.04 mid-day.

If all goes according to plan the programme we have recorded with the BBC, on various occassions and locations since May, will be aired THIS Thursday 13th September on RADIO 4 'YOU & YOURS' at 12.04. Its all about lack of care/units for adults with Asperger Syndrome and hi-lites our son Piers' tragic case.

Apologies in advance if its re-scheduled for sometime the following week but that is the way it goes in the media! As I write it is still on course for this Thursday. Although a great deal of recordings were made, after editing it will be cut down to size so don't blink or go and make a coffee or you might miss it! I just feel that 'every little helps' (to borrow a phrase!) not only for us and Piers but other families struggling within the minefields of flawed placements and the postal code lottery of accessing support and services.

You should be able to 'listen again' by putting: You & Yours listen again, into your computer's Googgle search a few days after it is aired.

Please excuse the Round Robin but it is the quickest way to alert everyone!

AllBest

Cris

It's going to be on at 12:30. Unfortunately I will miss it.

It's available now on 'Listen Again'

You and Yours

(Just click on latest programme (or by date if after Friday)).

I thought it was generally very good - I particuarly liked the interview with Prof. Pat Howlin who clearly explained how an AS individual could be misdiagnosed with scitsophrenia (sorry - no idea how to spell that). I answered 'wrongly' :( for exactly the language issue highlighted.

My only concern was that if someone heard this programme without much knowledge or without listening very hard it could be assumed that all AS people need secure accommodation.