rainbow queen

mercury/mercury anaglam fillings /autism

Hi there,

I've been aware of this for some time, I still haven't had mine removed though, too expensive, I certainly think it is better when having your children's teeth done not to have the amalgam ones. My children have not got amalgam ones.

I know in some other countries in europe particularly scandinavia it was illegal to put amalgam in the fillings many years ago when I first heard about it. I've heard of cases of people that improved from illnesses and long term bi polar when they had them removed. A friend of mine not autistic, csays she had improved cognitition after she had them removed

Edited by florrie

Hi there,

I've been aware of this for some time, I still haven't had mine removed though, too expensive, I certainly think it is better when having your children's teeth done not to have the amalgam ones. My children have not got amalgam ones.

I know in some other countries in europe particularly scandinavia it was illegal to put amalgam in the fillings many years ago when I first heard about it. I've heard of cases of people that improved from illnesses and long term bi polar when they had them removed. A friend of mine not autistic, csays she had improved cognitition after she had them removed

Mercury in my many almagan fillings crossing to my son in the womb in a concentrated form, its action being intensified by testosterone, and causing brain damage, intensified by my low levels of Vit D in pregnancy would make a lot of sense in my case. (Asperger's son.) This might mean - let's take a guess - that the debate over injections could be something of a distraction from the real cause of some cases of autism, ie damage in the womb. (I didn't give him the MMR jab.) It could mean that the strong reaction so many parents have reported to some jabs - I feel sure they are not making it up - was because these children were already highly sensitised to mercury and responded strongly to an extra dose. They might posssibly - more guessing - have been on their way to Asperger's or HFA anyway as a result, but this extra dose caused more damage. That would explain why in some cases researchers debunking the jabs theory have said "there's evidence in the medical records that there were some concerns before the jab."

If I were of an age to get pregnant again, I think I'd have all the mercury in my mouth removed well in advance, just in case.

Been researching this for a while now, if you type "mercury toxicity" in on "you tube" the results are amazing, apparently mercury is in the vaccine mixers , Franch troops (allegedly) were the only ones who didnt get gulf war syndrome and the only ones who didn't have a certain vaccine? Gonna keep looking into this one.

http://www.dentalwellness4u.com/mercurydetox/autism.html

hi everyone -i recently came across this -i just wondered who else had heard about this ?

ive just looked on the net and never relised before that there was mercury free dentists too,has anybody else looked into this at all?

Hi rainbow queen

Surely there must be many, many people with these fillings whose children are not on the autistic spectrum? Maybe not on here as we are here because of autism, but in the wider general public?

I am 1 of 4 girls who all have these fillings. Out of our 8 children (we have 2 each), who have all had the MMR, 2 are diagnosed on the spectrum and 3 others show traits. My eldest son who has AS was starved of oxygen at birth. My ring finger is longer than my index finger, which is meant to correlate with my sons receiving more testerone in the womb. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law show clear signs of being on the autistic spectrum, and some of my family show traits. My children did not have any adverse reaction whatsoever to the MMR - I have heard of children having temperatures and screaming for 24 hours and their leg swelling up. Autistic traits start to show up at about the age when they have the MMR anyway, and my eldest son was extremely 'different' from birth anyway (in many good ways as well as not so good ways!), even though he is on the milder end of the spectrum.

I can understand people looking for reasons, but I personally don't have the energy to expend looking for answers which won't change my or my children's situation. Questions should be asked by someone, but I don't like it when websites and other sources of media are basically scaremongering as it can cause a lot of possibly unnecessary stress and anxiety for people.

It didn't stress me but gave me peace of mind to look into all the different causes.

The conclusion I came to was that autism is complex, there are probably several types, there is a genetic factor plus environmental triggers.

Looking into the type of autism that fits my DS, it was probably my 'healthy' consumption of tuna almost daily during my pregnancy that tipped him into 'severe' on the balance scale. I believe he would have been 'born autistic' in any event and would probably have 'regressed' by contact with some different environmental factor at a later date, that is to say his autism was inevitable, but the severity of it has been greatly influenced by a number of factors, contact with mercury being one.

It's also given me some kind of guidance - knowing that his immune system is compromised I now have an opportunity to do something about that. I have no idea whether there is any point in this, but I do believe I am giving my children a healthier way of life.

Hi call me jaded

Fair enough :) .

Do you know what can be done about it, can people be 'un-mercuried', or can it only be prevented in future, or is more research needed?

I believe Alzheimer's has been linked to aluminium. My in-laws both had dementia and were very proud of their aluminium saucepans they'd had since their wedding in the 1940s. Could be coincidence of course, but there could be something in it.

The trouble as I see it is, if researchers go looking for a particular answer they may well find it. Whereas if they go in open-minded and look at various possibilities they may not find that particular answer. Eg. Andrew Wakefield found (I think) the measles virus in the gut of children with autism who also had bowel problems. That may not mean the measles virus caused the bowel problem, it may not mean it caused the autism, it may not mean the bowel problem and the autism are caused by the same thing, etc. They just not do enough of the 'right' research to answer the necessary questions.

I hope you find what you are looking for, it's just not my way of dealing with things. But it's a good job we're all different !!